Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:49:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and me (Hal Finney)  (Read 279695 times)
Bitcoinqubit

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 08:10:18 PM

you are very inspirational person

everything can be traced on internet ask expert but 0.002% know to be fully anonymous and its not done with tor.

for sure the biggest part of the team staoshi we will never will know who they are but few exposed them self and hint that peer to peer will make freedom in all verticals...but its said like this peer to peer will make financial freedom..in this people somehow exposed them self..

the other we will never will get to them in any way...they used other way then tor to be anonymous.

satoshi said one time here if you want to be more anonymous you need other way not tor..

i wish to each one of this fourm to undepented and know where to invest and why to stay from huge supply projects and other things and to be free....to seat and learn why and what and when...

i know guy who almost commited suside after he invested in xrp and few people years ago said him stay away the supply its to much....the only answer came from him bullish and supply dont affect price basically he washed so deep...after 5-6 years he fucking admit that he dumb but he invest in other low supply coin and get it right he thanks us million time because he can fall to other trap scam..

after all this me and few other from 10k bots we scaled it to 100k bots that spread info in simple way why to stay away from huge supply projects with billions of coins and why to get to the moon dont exist ...compare to low supply coins and i admit maybe it will not work but at last the price can jump and there is hope....with huge supply it cannot happen hhhhh

example

xrp: 100B coins x 10 usd price per coin = 1 trillion(1000b) fo you get it the all market cap is 300 b its fucking comedy

simple equation yet 90% dont get it

supply x price = market cap

so 100k bots work non stop and spread this simple info to help and save other from huge depression.

AND WHO SEE THIS AND HAVE SKILLS TO BUILD BOTS DO IT SAVE AND HELP OTHER NOOBS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoinqubit

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 10:06:19 PM

he is great guy but legend??? why??? because he received bitcoins from the team of satoshi

You are stepping on the good name of a man who can no longer defend himself, its not a good look to be honest.    Really I dont think it is the case that he was purely a recipient of Bitcoins, his influence predates Bitcoin as he was involved in PGP a long time prior.    The creator of PGP was criminally investigated as it was disruptive technology.  
   To me the story for Bitcoin as an answer goes way back to questions asked long before its inception and Hal Finney was part of that.   The legal repercussions of ground breaking software changing the world and the kickback to those inventors and innovators helps explain our on going mythic Satoshi Nakamoto phenomena and why people might not reply to you directly but this does not make you correct in any assumptions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Finney_%28computer_scientist%29

its the first time we write history and they gonna to remember us for very long time...for this change.

i need to find video of black hat summit where some one masked was speaking, and he say something will shock alot of people

he said : a lot of people know who is kevin mitnick which was show to the fbi that they are all of them big clowns after exposing name, where they live, what there fake names names and other stuff, he also know when they spy after hi and after other people, yet he jailed twice in his life but its only 1 mind showed them they are basically nothing,

their confidance come from illusion: they backed by country and have salaries and army of people and in other words they some like of gods feelings...

then he say: its only one person like kevin mitnick showed them they basically clowns nothing more, and fbi agents are leaders in the world hhhh

then he also said the fbi  and other agents  from different countries   are most of the the same shit they dont give a damn shit about our future nor our kids...

then he nailed it on this summit by saying: all what exposed on wiki leaks and other places like wiki leaks its come from people like kevin mitnick ,,,when ironically the agents need to expose this hhhh not people like edoward snowdan and kevin mitnick and others
he said they basically spy on each other this country on this country and other shit while people that exposed real shit on wiki leaks and other places killed in very short time one of them very great honest women, Daphne Caruana Galizia(which was killed because she exposed real things and was received* the info from groups of people under one name**) there are bunch others legends

yet he say the agents from whatever country are not only dumb in their tech and other things they even not expose what needed to exposed and even more its very fishy what important for them is to know what other country do sound funny...

we do the job they need to do, but most of them cannot get to the info like weak leaks get and other they are very dumb their confidance is huge illusion

they backed by army of people and salaries and they feel gods when ironically one person like kevin mitnick showed them they are basically clowns nothing more...there are other like kevin mitnick but they underground.

then before he leaved the summit he said : the smartest people is underground they are from the future compare to mainstream/agents/sceince/politicians....as only one example is kevin mitnick there are tons of examples ...

this summit was before 8-9 years

today the names of agents from all countries are all 0ver the deep web, and what their fake name and where they live,  hell kevin mitnick 8-9 years ago alone exposed half of the names and what they do and who they spy...

the underground people dont have salaries and dont backed by army its teams and have sharp logic i mean huge sharp logic which overcome any feeling and this is real confidance compare to ....

satoshi team is the same level ...why....paper money was startup before paper money was exchange of things until someone bring paper that have value ...from the paper money nobody and i mean no body have the BALLS to play with the big boys, and compete usd and euro...

mark zuckereberg/jeff bezoz....didnt create market which is almost half trillion in 11 years

i will find the summit of blackhat to put it here
Bitzec

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:47:39 PM

can some one please write  in some short senteces   what he said
TheWolf666

Activity: 615
Merit: 154

CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 04:54:01 PM

Hal was one of the first to participate to the development of Bitcoin, he received the first transaction from Satoshi Nakamoto.
He was a precursor in Cryptography participating in the creation of PGP for example.
He deserve all our respect, he found many bugs in the early versions of Bitcoin.

But he got really sick and lost step by step the usage of his body, he could not eat or breathe without a machine, ultimately finishing his life in pain, paralyzed.

This is one of his last post, he was writing using a device that was tracking his eyes movements.

People who are spitting on him in this thread have no idea how disgusting this can be. Moderators should remove all the messages writing negative about this man. It was his testament here, and this thread should be respected.

This man is part of this history of Bitcoin, and new clueless members who have not compassion or empathie should pay respect to the man, or shut up and keep him in peace.

can some one please write  in some short senteces   what he said

denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 09:47:48 PM

Hal was one of the first to participate to the development of Bitcoin, he received the first transaction from Satoshi Nakamoto.
He was a precursor in Cryptography participating in the creation of PGP for example.
He deserve all our respect, he found many bugs in the early versions of Bitcoin.

But he got really sick and lost step by step the usage of his body, he could not eat or breathe without a machine, ultimately finishing his life in pain, paralyzed.

This is one of his last post, he was writing using a device that was tracking his eyes movements.

People who are spitting on him in this thread have no idea how disgusting this can be. Moderators should remove all the messages writing negative about this man. It was his testament here, and this thread should be respected.

This man is part of this history of Bitcoin, and new clueless members who have not compassion or empathie should pay respect to the man, or shut up and keep him in peace.

can some one please write  in some short senteces   what he said

I don't know if there are people talking negatively about Hal but this person is among the first people who supported Satoshi Nakamoto and his creation and he is among the first people to support Satoshi's revolution. Hat's off for this guy named Hal and he definitely deserves our respect. That's correct he is part of Bitcoin's history and forever be remembered on his contributions on this project called Bitcoin that we are using right now. Smiley
kissmarx

Activity: 1106
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2019, 05:36:09 PM

There are people who are trying to take credit now for bitcoin. I don't think they're real. If I were the real Satoshi, I would have surfaced earlier and not much later. And while Satoshi Nakamoto I think should not surface ever for security reasons or whatever, I hope he is still living now. If he is, I bet he is so delighted of what has become of his creation and how he changed the world.
Pingip

Activity: 14
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 06:40:20 PM

There are people who are trying to take credit now for bitcoin. I don't think they're real. If I were the real Satoshi, I would have surfaced earlier and not much later. And while Satoshi Nakamoto I think should not surface ever for security reasons or whatever, I hope he is still living now. If he is, I bet he is so delighted of what has become of his creation and how he changed the world.

just know wiki leaks the first one which exposed bitcoin to the main stream and hel finney is great and very smart guy, but he in the position like the journalist that receive information from the minds of wiki leaks under one name... which lead no where,

and just know if he was part of this team he was not in the front,

Pingip

Activity: 14
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 06:54:40 PM

can some one please write  in some short senteces   what he said

what he try to say very simple yet far away from what explained here as most of the information here is mislead and huge fiction and selfish people try to steal this great project and even other just people here dont aware.

you the same explanation in short...

ask experts in blockchain and cryptography and they will tell you 99.99% bitcoin created by wiki leaks as wiki leaks work heavily with peer to peer tech and cryptography...

and cicada 3301 operation also created by wiki leaks...

all this projects have the same vision in different words and just know in the leaked emails from cicada in 2012 they heavily spoke about cash and very focus on cryptography , this 2 projects very giant and the biggest in the entire history, and think wiki leaks operation much more bigger then bitcoin and cicada 3301, very organized team on a global scale without any salaries compare to others.

its far away from be fiction and very realistic as wiki leaks have the skills and power do this kind giant projects.

and no body said something bad about hal finney yet hel finney didnt risk his life like the people from wiki leaks, as qubit was right, journalist killed in very short time because they exposed information that is to much sensitive, and received it UNDER ONE NAME!

but for sure its not one person.

there are a lot of underground projects which most of them under one name they just dont associated with crypto.

Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 04:14:35 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4), JayJuanGee (1), nutildah (1)

This thread should be locked as a respect to Hal for being one of the earliest contributors in the creation of Bitcoin.

Rest in peace Hal and thank you for all your contributions in the cryptocurrency space.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
joe50

Activity: 117
Merit: 63

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 03:38:24 PM

very inspiring sir, i learnt alot from your story, is good to let your children or loved once know about your asset you kept. am happy your children are tech savvy. You kept your bitcoins in a safe place for future price, wow, you must have trust in bitcoin.

I use this medium to pray for you sir, may God heal you from any disease you are suffering from right now and regain your life back and join back the bitcoin world with your codes. AMEN.
soonitcome

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 06:29:01 PM

so sad this team didnt use *PGP KEY* to keep out the bullshit and liars and other people who try to steal this great project!

who knows maybe next top anonymous project will be locked with pgp key to keep out the shit!

roosbit

Activity: 891
Merit: 43

Random coins :)

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 12:03:18 PM

When you get to find such threads or missing pieces of the bitcoin puzzle, then you know that you have unlocked some of the secrets of cryptocurrencies, am sure one day we shall have a historian tell these stories to the next generation that will find cypto integrated in their money system and we can easily verify this,RIP Hal

This thread should be locked as a respect to Hal for being one of the earliest contributors in the creation of Bitcoin.

Rest in peace Hal and thank you for all your contributions in the cryptocurrency space.
it isn't a bad idea
ccryptopark

Activity: 300

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 10:55:26 PM

I am very grateful to have come across this thread. We all need to pay our respects to Hal and his contributions. I agree it could be locked but I hope all future crypto enthusiasts are able to discover, read and relate to its importance.
TimeBits

Activity: 224
Merit: 62

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 12:32:24 PM

r.i.p brother, r.i.p.

nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 03:27:13 PM

Am Humbled to be a part of such a revolutionary technology that started its roots with the great ideas of geniuses, legends of all times, Hal may not be part of us anymore but his legacy and contribution to a ground breaking technology lives on, hope you find peac in your final destination, Respect.
dengpei

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

Here for enriching conversations

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 01:03:47 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

he is great guy but legend??? why??? because he received bitcoins from the team of satoshi , this is make him legend and dont get me wrong he is great guy but ...he didnt make bitcoin go viral its fact, ...

because if he was part of the team he never will be in the front to receive first bitcoins its can lead to others and other shit even after all ask expert security everything can be traced on the internet...everything ,only 0.002% know to be truly anonymously and its impossible to trace them and its not done with tor ...its different few smart experts explain this on github how its done.

satoshi team used this way to publish the papers its was not with tor...

hel finney is far away from to be legend compare to people like edward snowden, Chelsea E. Manning, Daphne Caruana Galizia(which was killed because she exposed real things and was received* the info from groups of people under one name**) there are bunch others legends

the punk marketers that work on making bitcoin viral are legends who know if they part of team satoshi or not...its unknown....

hel finney isnt punk marketer and didnt make bitcoin viral its fact not theory...he is not marketer...and without top marketers it was not happen so fast and even die.

edward snowden was saying that peer to peer file sharing can make financial freedom because bitcoin peer to peer is not new tech and far away from new tech, its mix of techs that was out there,,,bitcoin came from peer to peer file sharing with twist called block--chain

peer -- blockchain -- peer
not only edward snowden said that peer to peer will financial freedom also few others which i not goint to say names but smart people know to get to this because everything can be traced on the internet... and they said it way before bitcoin came...

some say bitcoin created by banks or governments or agents which this theories come from the most dumb people , this kind of people will also say supply dont affect price and other shit but let look from sharp logic way why??

1. bitcoin came from peer to peer file sharing decentralized tech...bitcoin is peer to peer with twist which called blockchain..

2.why peer to peer file sharing was created what the reason for decentralized tech...very simple, before peer to peer file sharing there was few central servers that hold the mp3,video,movies,software,info and other things and the govermnets pretty fast locate them and shut down them, then people became more smart and create peer to peer file sharing...which each computer is the server that upload and download....which mean the governments now with decentralized tech need to shut down more then 500 million private computers and its impossible...some peer hold mor info some lees its the nature of decentralized tech compare distributed tech where each peer equal in holding to other in some sort of level...
search on google: decentralized vs distributed

3. peer to peer tech come most of the time from activist

4. bank,paypal,visa and bunch other its central tech what was before peer to peer which is decentralized...visa,banks,paypal and others everything go througe centralized servers/entity and this is how they control and make money and know everything about us which lead us to fact not theory they dont behind bitcoin, because peer t peer put them out from the chain...which mean no middle man, so simple.

5. the same with governments its centralized entity and everything is interconnected with banks,paypal, and other....in the moment peer to peer tech enter you put them out of the chain...in other words its the first time we write history.

after all this all the centralized entities are paid by money paper.

satoshi is team on a global scale...edward snowden is part of an international huge team without salaries like agents or politicians and other its mean they know to make money and be undepented, he escaped from usa to china , there people waited him to hide him,,,there are alot like him they just underground to fully and some expose them and dont fear any agents and 0ther shit even they know they under huge risk.

Edward Snowden comes was the most early Bitcoin adopter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2463&v=PVN13ad3UUk 2019 he admit this......41:00 min

hal finney is great guy but compare to the marketers that make bitcoin viral and people like edoward and bunch other he is nothing its fact...
this is are the legends

you cannot change facts and everything cam be traced over the internet.
I once read somewhere that, ''A wise man once said.....nothing''
What you have written here is your take on the matter, fair and fine and I respect that but for you to try and belittle someone's achievements while they can longer respond to you....... thats a new low!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 10127

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 04:31:37 PM

[edited out]
I once read somewhere that, ''A wise man once said.....nothing''
What you have written here is your take on the matter, fair and fine and I respect that but for you to try and belittle someone's achievements while they can longer respond to you....... thats a new low!

Also fair, if you feel warranted, to criticize Hal Finney's contribution with vigor, but this thread has kind of turned into a memorial thread, so does not really seem to be the proper space to engage in such criticism, if that is what you feel compelled to do.  Might be worthy of a new thread or to be placed in some other thread.  By the way, you do not necessarily need to agree with either the status of Hal Finney or his importance to the space, but there does seem to be a lot of evidence that he was actively involved in bitcoin, and pre-bitcoin, and his disabilities had actually hampered his abilities to contribute more, even by the time that he made OP.  There are also a lot of people who believe that either he was Satoshi or that he was on a team that was identifying itself as Satoshi, so those mere facts (including the fact that Hal has died) seem to allow for "Legend" status.  

By the way, even though we have a conditional status of "living legend" there are some people who consider that you can ONLY be considered as a "legend" once you are dead...  hahahahaha.. kind of like saint, even though there have been some folks who had been considered as "saint" status while they were still alive... but I believe that the official policy of the catholic church is that "saint" status can only be possibly ascribed once a person is dead at least 5 years, so since Hal has just passed his 5 year anniversary of his death, maybe he could be ascribed "saint" status rather than a "legend."   Wink

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
concorde899

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 06:37:41 PM

God wanted to create His own Bitcoin when He took Hall....
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 1299

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 10:11:01 PM

One hopes that Alcor works and Hal doesn't Rest In Peace.

cryptozink

Activity: 102
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 12:19:56 AM

Oh wow, I just read this for the first time. I see it everyday but never clicked on it. R.I.P. Hal Finney. You made one of the greatest contributions to mankind.

I thought I'd write about the last four years, an eventful time for Bitcoin and me.

For those who don't know me, I'm Hal Finney. I got my start in crypto working on an early version of PGP, working closely with Phil Zimmermann. When Phil decided to start PGP Corporation, I was one of the first hires. I would work on PGP until my retirement. At the same time, I got involved with the Cypherpunks. I ran the first cryptographically based anonymous remailer, among other activities.

Fast forward to late 2008 and the announcement of Bitcoin. I've noticed that cryptographic graybeards (I was in my mid 50's) tend to get cynical. I was more idealistic; I have always loved crypto, the mystery and the paradox of it.

When Satoshi announced Bitcoin on the cryptography mailing list, he got a skeptical reception at best. Cryptographers have seen too many grand schemes by clueless noobs. They tend to have a knee jerk reaction.

I was more positive. I had long been interested in cryptographic payment schemes. Plus I was lucky enough to meet and extensively correspond with both Wei Dai and Nick Szabo, generally acknowledged to have created ideas that would be realized with Bitcoin. I had made an attempt to create my own proof of work based currency, called RPOW. So I found Bitcoin facinating.

When Satoshi announced the first release of the software, I grabbed it right away. I think I was the first person besides Satoshi to run bitcoin. I mined block 70-something, and I was the recipient of the first bitcoin transaction, when Satoshi sent ten coins to me as a test. I carried on an email conversation with Satoshi over the next few days, mostly me reporting bugs and him fixing them.

Today, Satoshi's true identity has become a mystery. But at the time, I thought I was dealing with a young man of Japanese ancestry who was very smart and sincere. I've had the good fortune to know many brilliant people over the course of my life, so I recognize the signs.

After a few days, bitcoin was running pretty stably, so I left it running. Those were the days when difficulty was 1, and you could find blocks with a CPU, not even a GPU. I mined several blocks over the next days. But I turned it off because it made my computer run hot, and the fan noise bothered me. In retrospect, I wish I had kept it up longer, but on the other hand I was extraordinarily lucky to be there at the beginning. It's one of those glass half full half empty things.

The next I heard of Bitcoin was late 2010, when I was surprised to find that it was not only still going, bitcoins actually had monetary value. I dusted off my old wallet, and was relieved to discover that my bitcoins were still there. As the price climbed up to real money, I transferred the coins into an offline wallet, where hopefully they'll be worth something to my heirs.

Speaking of heirs, I got a surprise in 2009, when I was suddenly diagnosed with a fatal disease. I was in the best shape of my life at the start of that year, I'd lost a lot of weight and taken up distance running. I'd run several half marathons, and I was starting to train for a full marathon. I worked my way up to 20+ mile runs, and I thought I was all set. That's when everything went wrong.

My body began to fail. I slurred my speech, lost strength in my hands, and my legs were slow to recover. In August, 2009, I was given the diagnosis of ALS, also called Lou Gehrig's disease, after the famous baseball player who got it.

ALS is a disease that kills moter neurons, which carry signals from the brain to the muscles. It causes first weakness, then gradually increasing paralysis. It is usually fatal in 2 to 5 years. My symptoms were mild at first and I continued to work, but fatigue and voice problems forced me to retire in early 2011. Since then the disease has continued its inexorable progression.

Today, I am essentially paralyzed. I am fed through a tube, and my breathing is assisted through another tube. I operate the computer using a commercial eyetracker system. It also has a speech synthesizer, so this is my voice now. I spend all day in my power wheelchair. I worked up an interface using an arduino so that I can adjust my wheelchair's position using my eyes.

It has been an adjustment, but my life is not too bad. I can still read, listen to music, and watch TV and movies. I recently discovered that I can even write code. It's very slow, probably 50 times slower than I was before. But I still love programming and it gives me goals. Currently I'm working on something Mike Hearn suggested, using the security features of modern processors, designed to support "Trusted Computing", to harden Bitcoin wallets. It's almost ready to release. I just have to do the documentation.

And of course the price gyrations of bitcoins are entertaining to me. I have skin in the game. But I came by my bitcoins through luck, with little credit to me. I lived through the crash of 2011. So I've seen it before. Easy come, easy go.

That's my story. I'm pretty lucky overall. Even with the ALS, my life is very satisfying. But my life expectancy is limited. Those discussions about inheriting your bitcoins are of more than academic interest. My bitcoins are stored in our safe deposit box, and my son and daughter are tech savvy. I think they're safe enough. I'm comfortable with my legacy.
[edited slightly]

live crypto coins prices, charts, marketcaps (https://www.cryptozink.io/live-cryptocurrency-coins-prices/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: