Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:28:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit a waste of time unless you are rich, in my opinion.  (Read 554 times)
KingTylerVVS (OP)

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 05:24:27 AM

The only way your post is going to get noticed and upvoted on steemit is if you have met the following criteria:

• You have bought a significant amount of STEEM
• You have invested that STEEM into "STEEMPOWER" and locked it up for 2 years
• The more steempower you own, the more people will see and upvote your posts.

A better place to tell your story is right here on bitcointalk.
Why?
Because whether you are rich or poor, if you have a halfway decent SUBJECT line,
you are guaranteed to find readers.

I personally have ONE bitcoin in savings right now, and I would rather hold it than invest in ANYTHING - steemit or ether or anything else.
Bitcoin is the ONLY currency that has debit card and merchant support. The rest are all speculative bubbles.

Also, note that there are already over 9000 social networks. Vegeta would be furious! We don't need any more...

I myself am working on a different kind of social network. It will be the opposite of ALL current existing social networks.
2 sites, both under massive construction, www.d3fc.me (the dividend awarding democracy)
and www.freedomnetwork.me (the network for the people) will work in tandem together.
Once I am up and running, each user will get visitors to their profile daily, and no amount of money will increase or decrease the # of visitors they get to their profile each day - ALL users will receive an equal distribution of traffic to their sales pitch or whatever they have on their member profile.

BOTH of my sites will be bigger than steemit in 5 years or less.
and BOTH will always play and pay in BITCOIN (unless something tragic happens to bitcoin that is.)

I may be the only developer right now, but I KNOW that my idea is original and unheard of.
Thanks for reading my post everyone...

Cheers!

~ King Tyler VVS
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingTylerVVS (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 05:26:43 AM

NOTE: I see users getting $800 worth of "STEEM DOLLLARS" for posting a stupid meme that took them 2 seconds.

This is not fair at all to TRUE value creators and is destined to collapse.
Gilligans

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 05:32:00 AM

I knew about Steemit for quite a while. I've only been visiting it everyday and I see my Steem Power are increasing just by doing so. I've had an estimated value around $15 then one day, it suddenly dropped to $7. I don't know why and the best reason I can think of, is that the value of Steem Power dropped, maybe.

Besides, what you said is true. Your content isn't going to get any attention at all if you don't "invest" in them.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 05:50:56 AM

If I understand correctly, without "Steem Power" (which you would need to buy?) your posts won't get noticed?  To be honest I haven't even bothered to try and understand how it all works. I created an account for fun and got 5 Steem for free but I haven't looked at the coin at all and I'm certainly not going to invest in it. Still I find the site itself rather pleasant to browse. Personally, I think the blogging platform idea behind Steemit could survive even without the money/crypto incentives.
stan26

Activity: 195

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 05:51:14 AM

The name is too similar to Steam in my opinion. Steem is pronounced exactly the same, but spelled only one letter differently.

groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 05:55:06 AM

The only way your post is going to get noticed and upvoted on steemit is if you have met the following criteria:

Why?
Because whether you are rich or poor, if you have a halfway decent SUBJECT line,

I personally have ONE bitcoin in savings right now, and I would rather hold it than invest in ANYTHING - steemit or ether or anything else.
Bitcoin is the ONLY currency that has debit card and merchant support. The rest are all speculative bubbles.

Also, note that there are already over 9000 social networks. Vegeta would be furious! We don't need any more...

I myself am working on a different kind of social network. It will be the opposite of ALL current existing social networks.
2 sites, both under massive construction, www.d3fc.me (the dividend awarding democracy)
and www.freedomnetwork.me (the network for the people) will work in tandem together.
Once I am up and running, each user will get visitors to their profile daily, and no amount of money will increase or decrease the # of visitors they get to their profile each day - ALL users will receive an equal distribution of traffic to their sales pitch or whatever they have on their member profile.

and BOTH will always play and pay in BITCOIN (unless something tragic happens to bitcoin that is.)

I may be the only developer right now, but I KNOW that my idea is original and unheard of.

Cheers!

~ King Tyler VVS

I dont have any idea about steemit and how does it apply to bitcoin. But your idea of a social networks i think is cool. That way we users can enjoy the benefits from the traffics we have unlike facebook that we got zero commissions. There are other social networks that pays you but their payment is very cheap. I leave their sites after 6 mos of using and no income. Ill wait for your update Im excited to earn bitcoins at your site.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 06:00:50 AM

I dont think i will ever use it anyway, its been pumped up too much and i dont know how you could make money on it. For example why are you going to pay someone for their post when theres sites like reddit where everything is free? Its going to come tumbling down soon and there will be plenty on tears with it. The only people making any moeny will be those who where in at the beginning , those doing the pumps and those who where just getting carried during the pumps.

tobacco123

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:14:06 AM

I took a look at it but it is just too confusing. Maybe my IQ is not high enough but I guess it is targeting people with higher IT knowledge and not just anyone...

KingTylerVVS (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 07:38:29 AM

Why?

Cheers!

~ King Tyler VVS

I dont have any idea about steemit and how does it apply to bitcoin. But your idea of a social networks i think is cool. That way we users can enjoy the benefits from the traffics we have unlike facebook that we got zero commissions. There are other social networks that pays you but their payment is very cheap. I leave their sites after 6 mos of using and no income. Ill wait for your update Im excited to earn bitcoins at your site.

Dtube_Official

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 01:43:39 PM

Why?

Cheers!

~ King Tyler VVS

Hello,

We understand some legitimate concerns about distribution system from first generation social blockchain.
That's why we developed DTube with its proprietary distribution mechanisms, scrapping away early advantage.

Since June 2019, there have been major changes for DTube
- we have a new blockchain, Avalon, with a new the distribution system

What does this implies ?
1. Token distribution isn't based on 7 days anymore. If you're content is great, it will receive rewards with no time limit
2. Voting system and generally, distribution system of DTube Coin (DTC) and Voting Power (VP) are different now. It doesn't provide with an early advantage
We explain the core concepts with more details here:
https://medium.com/@dtube/the-core-concept-of-the-next-big-thing-in-social-media-the-dtube-social-blockchain-d01a48fcdca8

Hopefully, this will give you and incentive to have a look at DTube again
Since things are moving quickly, we'd recommend you follow us on Twitter
https://twitter.com/dtube_official

Regards,

The DTube team

Watch videos on D.Tube: https://d.tube
Read our Whitepaper: https://token.d.tube/whitepaper.pdf
zabir.brutov

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 12:51:39 PM

Steemit is a great posting network, but it is almost impossible to earn from it, at least you are a great blogger with a massive loyal audience that tips you all the time. But in general, generating voting power is unprofitable and the value of SBD and STEEM is going down every day.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: