Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:45:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Traders, Your Dream Trading Platform… Tell Me What You Want...  (Read 733 times)
Sage (OP)

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:57:45 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2013, 04:31:28 AM by Sage

I'm looking to build something if the market wants it.  Let me know what you want...

First question:

Locally run software VS. Online Site VS. Software that runs on your own cloud server?

Local software:

Pros:  
- No need to trust anyone with your private keys.
- No counter part risk
- Completely in your control

Cons:
- Computer must be up 100% of the time.  Power / internet outages may prevent an entry or exit of a trade at critical times.

Online Site:

Pros:  
- Uptime and power issues minimized.  
- Connection speed not an issue

Cons:
- Counter party risk.  You have to trust someone else with your coins and/or API keys.

Cloud Server Based Software:

Pros:
- You're in control
- No need trusting anyone with your coins or API keys.

Cons:
- You need to setup and maintain a cloud server.

So what's your priority?

Next question:  What features do you want?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:11:29 AM

I be honest, since I created a trading bot, you want to the trade bot to have intelligence before making the trade. I know it took me many hours of just looking over the charts and seeing at what points where trading had rallies, and dips. Looking into what causes those, some didn't have an logical course, that I could see. So I think a great feature is that the bot could learn from past historical data. I have a lot of other features I would love to see, but I have to save for my personal bot.
Sage (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:31:10 AM

I should change the subject to say trading platform, not so much a trading bot.
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:34:36 AM

Are you familiar with Open Transactions? I think there's still an open 185btc  bounty for a client:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105506.0
Sage (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:48:14 AM

Are you familiar with Open Transactions? I think there's still an open 185btc  bounty for a client:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105506.0

Not familiar, until now.  I really like the idea to get open source going.

Maybe if we can flesh out what the market wants in a trading platform we can start the bounty discussion (and I wouldn't have to worry about developing it Wink)

yucca

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 01:41:01 PM

I am more comfortable writing client app than server app so that's what I'm doing. I'm currently building a local charting/trading app for windows that interfaces to MtGox API. It uses neural nets to analyse past prices and predict future moves. (see my siggy for more info).

With regard to security, when a client asks MtGox for an API key they have to select what rights it has, clients should ONLY ask for minimum required rights, so just ability to buy/sell. Do not have them ask for transaction rights. This way if someone gets hold of the key/secret pair the client will not lose any funds, but they may have their $ turned into BTC and vice versa, potentially this could allow someone who is able to collect the keys to manipulate the market (provided your client base is large).

I will have the key/secret pair encrypted and stored localy on clients disk.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: