Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:31:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to contact Theymos  (Read 1335 times)
Billyboy4022 (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 05:00:50 AM

is there any way to contact theymos .

I am trying to recover a account and hasn't reply to any of my email. Also posted on reddit and PM here and reddit

I have follow all the step on here ,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

what else can i do , I have

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 06:02:42 AM

These things usually take a long time. Sending him a PM here is the right way of contacting him: theymos.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Billyboy4022 (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 06:22:52 AM

These things usually take a long time. Sending him a PM here is the right way of contacting him: theymos.

I understand that he prob get slam from thousand of spam and support tickets but I think 3 month is way too long to wait for a reply
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 01:07:48 PM

I understand that he prob get slam from thousand of spam and support tickets but I think 3 month is way too long to wait for a reply

well from my experience if u send a message that is worth it he does reply.

of course he cant reply to all messages he gets and as u said he also receives worthless messages, probably daily

so if u think ur message was important i think he will reply.  and it shouldnt take 3 months.

~CfA~

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 01:34:46 PM

You need to send him the PM again after some time since it probably gets buried by so much content that it is not worth going through.

That is not necessarily the reason for which he does not answer certain PM's for a while.It primarily comes down to how much free time he has and how big the 'backlog' is.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 03:14:23 PM

You need to send him the PM again after some time since it probably gets buried by so much content that it is not worth going through.

That is not necessarily the reason for which he does not answer certain PM's for a while.It primarily comes down to how much free time he has and how big the 'backlog' is.

If the issue is genuine , then how much time will it take to clear the details like, if someone got hacked his account and he has all details about that account and he has the messages where he has used his wallet address and can even sign message from the wallet address. So after giving all details ?  How much time will it take for THEYMOS to clear that account.

because i have seen so many messages and thread in regards of their account getting hacked and even after months they are not able to retrieve it back.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 05:34:14 PM

If the issue is genuine , then how much time will it take to clear the details like, if someone got hacked his account and he has all details about that account and he has the messages where he has used his wallet address and can even sign message from the wallet address. So after giving all details ? 
How could theymos know whether all the necessary information was given in a PM in advance? This can only speed up resolution time, not the time until he actually acknowledges and starts handling the problem.

How much time will it take for THEYMOS to clear that account.
There is no clear answer to this question. Depending on the conditions at the time, it could happen within a few days and upwards of a few weeks. These things don't have priority as the user is usually at fault.

because i have seen so many messages and thread in regards of their account getting hacked and even after months they are not able to retrieve it back.
This has very low priority, especially for new accounts.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 06:07:06 PM

BillyBoy402. Welcome back.Are you talking about your Hero account which is tagged by everyone including Danny ? Cool
I'm quite sure recovering a scammers account is the last thing Theymos would do.Maybe buy another hero account ? Roll Eyes
Billyboy4022 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:58:38 AM

BillyBoy402. Welcome back.Are you talking about your Hero account which is tagged by everyone including Danny ? Cool
I'm quite sure recovering a scammers account is the last thing Theymos would do.Maybe buy another hero account ? Roll Eyes

HELL NO . i just want them to close that account so the hacker stop dragging my name though the mud .

after ready though my old account ( hacker comments )  i  feel sorry for any shady deal this scumbag  has dealt with,
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 07:00:21 AM

HELL NO . i just want them to close that account so the hacker stop dragging my name though the mud .
In that case, you could post the account link here and the signed message. That way a global moderator could just ban the account and leave it like that until it (hopefully) gets handled by theymos.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:05:23 AM

is there any way to contact theymos .

Post his dox. He'll show up pretty quickly.
No, this is a bad idea. If you do this then you will probably get banned, as posting someone's dox just to annoy them (or just to get their attention) is not allowed.

To answer the general topic, if you need to get in touch with theymos then you should send him a PM that is very specific and concise and specifically describes your issue/concern. I have messaged both admins multiple times and have never had difficulty getting a response from them.

Regarding your specific issue, recovering accounts is theymos's absolute lowest priority and if you have not received a response after numerous messages then he will probably not recover your account for you. I would suggest creating a new account if you wish to continue participating in the forum. (Assuming you are not banned).
Billyboy402

Activity: 599
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 09:12:33 AM

I got my account back ,

Could a admin delete all my post , or  will i have to go through every post and delete them

THIS ACCOUNT WAS HACK > SORRY FOR ANY ONE THAT HAS DEALT WITH THIS ACCOUNT.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 09:16:40 AM

I got my account back,
Could a admin delete all my post , or  will i have to go through every post and delete them
Shorena used to offer a service like that, however, it's closed down.
Theymos (or any other forum staff) most probably will not do that for you, as it takes some time they'd rather spend with more important matters.
As a result, you'd have to go through every post yourself and delete it, if that's what you want to achieve.
Randomizing your email/password and being done with it probably is the faster way here.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 12:42:40 AM

Well I mean,  I guess you could message him....

I guess..?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: