Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DHL shipping issues, who is at fault? need advice (squall1066 vs BITMAIN)  (Read 1777 times)
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 02:36:21 PM

my e-mail responce

no, I am sorry, I am sorry you cant understand what you are saying to me, English must not be your first language, It was my mistake to assume as you wrote to me in English that you comprehend all I portray.

this was arrogant of me and I do apologize.

please let me point out I am talking about point 3

"3.if you cant import the parcel to US and just want returning it ,you need to cover the round shipping cost and Chinese import tax which will 30% of the order amount .
as we wont fully refund due to the failure of custom clearance"

I am telling you that I am not liable to this SHOULD THIS HAPPEN, I am saying if this does not get resolved in time, I have a huge amount of evidence to prove lots of packages were marked incorrectly by your shipping team, this is not DHL fault, it is not my fault, it is your fault, and you are not even attempting to help, you keep stating that I am at fault and will pay for you're mistake.

sorry, this has gone on long enough, Lets just see if my hosting company can help me solve this issue that you placed upon me.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kirch

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:02:11 PM

Generally most exporters have a clause for shipping /price. They are responsible till the item left their facility and shipper is responsible for the deliver of the item. However the sender/receiver is responsible for documentation and any import/export duties(check the terms of sale)
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 12:39:50 PM

Update.

As far as my units are concerned, My hosting provider has supplied import customs clearance info and all is good, unitil I paid a small customer clearance, now my shipment is on hold. 

Funny thing is, I have been warned DHL is really bad for handling imported goods, with bad/slow customer support, I should have listed, I wont be using them again either lol.

As far as the other units that are in my name, I have been appointed a free legal advisor (through CAB here in UK) from police support officer, as they believe it's not my fault,
it should just take some time to clear up.

I just need to say the response from bitmain to my above e-mail, was

hi
Sorry for this mistake and my language,you are right that English is not my first language.
And we saw DHL have update the shipping status "Clearance processing complete at LOS ANGELES GATEWAY - USA"thanks for your cooperation and quick response

note there was nothing about liability here, I find bitmain suppler/shipping a joke. I truly believe they would hole me responsible for their fault to the bitter end.

I strongly urge anyone thinking of producing asic devices to go ahead, We need competition out there to make the price of units more competitive. even if its small scale. but please make sure there is adequate support in place, people will help a starting company if communication is good!

I have made a note on bitmains trust about this, I believe (tho not a scam) to be something everyone should be aware of, I will update in a while when things have sorted out.

best all.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 02:50:53 PM

OK, so I now have my units mining away, With a huge thanks to me hosting facility.

and other units are slowly moving away from my name to proper people and destinations.

there should not be any more problems, My appointed representative has assured me that, I need not worry, The customs people come down hard to scare real tax evasion people, but My people have proved them I am not at fault here.

So thats it, Thanks for reading, I just wanted people to know whats going on, I have no wish to deal with bitmain directly again, (have I all ready said that lol) But their hardware is still quite formidable IMO so onwards and upwards.

P.S. I still have not had an apology from bitmain, just a "thank you for your understanding" when they said I was still liable for return duties. so unprofessional!
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 09:15:29 PM

Damn man, I`m glad your hosting facility pulled through at some levels to mine your gear and the situation.  Smiley

Not much we can do if their main carrier is DHL - just hope they adopt a new carrier and let everyone this can be them for their next possible order.

Its really shitty how they handled everything.. if I`m that big - I should be aware already that DHL does have problems so I fork down the cost to save a horrible incident from happening to make more money..

Everyone reading this - BOOKMARK THIS.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: