Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:21:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Turkey ‘coup attempt’ | ~265 dead and at least 1'600 injured  (Read 1425 times)
oli123123
Legendary

Activity: 1445
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:55:14 AM

Turkish here, what I know is this is REALLY strange, like this is either something else or something so poorly organised.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 01:07:20 PM

Turkish here, what I know is this is REALLY strange, like this is either something else or something so poorly organised.

Can you give us more information (because you are in Turkey and of course you know more things than us)?
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:10:29 PM

The Turkey coup d'etat was a deliberate false flag by Erdogan to cement his power

It's simple, really.

Erdogan was struggling with approval lately, thus he orchestrated a coup during which, inexplicably, a lot civilians were injured, killed or at least fired upon (in contrast to the past 4 coups, where the military focus was solely on government).

Now he has a legitimate reason to cut civil liberties even more, suppress all opposition and become a de-facto dictator with little resistance from the international community.

And since he smack down a coup by dangerous psychos killing civilians and not a legitimate opposition, he will walk away the hero protecting his people.

Edit: Also consider how quickly this ended and the small part of the military that was involved. All past coups have been orchestrated nation-wide by huge portions of the military.

There are no evident for such claims.
If Erdogan really orchestrated a coup, many people will know about it and soon or later real truth will be known.
Such scenario will destroy Erdogan, soon or later.
Also, it's very difficult to organize real coup, and even more difficult to organize fake coup.
I think that Erdogan maybe heard about military coup before (from security service) but decided not to stop them before.
He understood real potential of such event and allowed that coup happen, so that he can crush last power in the society, which could stop him.
This explains why this coup was unsuccessful and ended in just a few hours.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
oli123123
Legendary

View Profile
Q
July 17, 2016, 02:51:34 PM

Can you give us more information (because you are in Turkey and of course you know more things than us)?
I live in the capital but at the time, I was visiting relatives in a small city with my family. My friends from the capital was saying there are F16s flying really low for hours and posting snaps, news from the Istanbul showed that some soliders had closed the Bosphours bridge and a friend who was traveling to Istanbul said they are making all the busses return, what the hell is going on?
We were confused, didn't know what was happening, I stayed up till 5-6 am that night to follow the news

A few hours later, tanks and armored personnel carriers were rolling onto the streets in Ankara and Istanbul, government officials said that this was an 'uprising and that they would pay the biggest price'

Then, some soliders took over the TRT(the national TV station) and made the anchorwoman read a statement that said that 'By the orders of the Turkish Armed Forces this statement has to be shown in every TV station, saying that there's a curfew, a martial law and saying that they took over the government as Yurtta Sulh Konseyi (Peace at home council) the statement was pretty long, I can link the full statement.

At the same night some soldiers also took over the CNN Türk, Hürriyet Newspapers' office too, in the CNN Türk, they connected to the president  via Facetime, he told people to go out on the streets and protest this. So millions of people (Almost all of them are Islamists or pro government people) gone out on the streets.

Joint Chiefs of Staff HQ, Gendermerie HQ was attacked by helicopters of coup forces. They also hit Police Special Forces HQ, Armed Special Forces HQ as well, also after Erdoğan left on a plane, they hit his hotel too.

They also took Head of Armed Forces Hulusi Akart hostage too, he's rescued now.

Most soldiers on the street were privates, who didn't know that there was a coup plot so most of them didn't even fire, surrendered but the angry mob that president called out on the streets killed some of them, there are NSFW videos all over there, killing unarmed, surrendered soldiers.

But the fishy thing is they didn't take any politicials or did any very strong moves like it wasn't like a coup and they started doing this at 10PM. There are several theories.

Government claims that the coup attempt was done by a small group in the army, people from the FETÖ (they're like an Islamic cult which were like brothers with the government years ago but now total enemies)

There were also call to the prayers and salas till the morning from all the mosques in the country which is another fucked up thing.

265 dead. ((other source says only 20 coup forces killed) gov-source: 104 coup forces, ~40 civilians, ~161 pro-gov forces [117 unknown combatants, 41 police, 2 soldiers])
1,600+ injured.
3000+ soldiers arrested
2700+ judges arrested (2 Supreme Court members)
6 generals arrested (4-star generals: 1 AF Chief, 2 Army Cmdrs)

You can check this thread out on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Turkey/comments/4t6ql6/facts_about_turkish_coup_july_15_2016/

Feel free to ask me any questions.
jupiterdianysa

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:28:15 PM

The Turkey coup d'etat was a deliberate false flag by Erdogan to cement his power

It's simple, really.

Erdogan was struggling with approval lately, thus he orchestrated a coup during which, inexplicably, a lot civilians were injured, killed or at least fired upon (in contrast to the past 4 coups, where the military focus was solely on government).

Now he has a legitimate reason to cut civil liberties even more, suppress all opposition and become a de-facto dictator with little resistance from the international community.

And since he smack down a coup by dangerous psychos killing civilians and not a legitimate opposition, he will walk away the hero protecting his people.

Edit: Also consider how quickly this ended and the small part of the military that was involved. All past coups have been orchestrated nation-wide by huge portions of the military.

If Erdogan really orchestrated a coup, many people will know about it and soon or later real truth will be known.
Also, it's very difficult to organize real coup, and even more difficult to organize fake coup.
I think that Erdogan maybe heard about military coup before (from security service) but decided not to stop them before.
He understood real potential of such event and allowed that coup happen, so that he can crush last power in the society, which could stop him.

If it was a real coup, military forces would smash many people down with tanks when they attempted to stop military.
Army never jokes or waits to be murdered when they have tanks,rockets,jets and aircrafts.
Those soldier didnt even know about coup. Do you think real coup commanders would not let soldiers know if it was real coup? they would just send some soldiers around to do what ? to wait ?
Im sorry its not making sense at all.

zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:51:02 PM

How dumb, I kind of feel bad that these people they die for no reason. I mean not just these guys but every military in the world. You just died cuz someone sitting ina safe place who has a problem with another person sitting in a safe place told u to go fight and die.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:57:00 AM

Turkish fighter jets had President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's plane in their sights at the height of the attempt to overthrow him, but they did not fire.

The Turkish president was returning from Istanbul from a holiday near the coastal resort of Marmaris after a faction in the military launched a coup attempt on Friday night.

"At least two F-16s harassed Erdogan's plane while it was in the air and en route to Istanbul," a former military officer told Reuters. "They locked their radars on his plane and on two other F-16s protecting him."

"Why they didn't fire is a mystery," he added.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkey-coup-attempt-rebel-jets-had-erdogans-plane-in-their-sights-but-did-not-fire-a7142116.html#gallery
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 06:40:06 PM

"Turkish military have sealed off bridges in Istanbul saying they have taken control of the country, as the Prime Minister confirms a coup attempt is underway.

Binali Yildirim added that the military are acting outside the chain of command and security forces are working to resolve the situation. “The government elected by the people remains in charge. This government will only go when the people say so,” he remarked. He said those responsible for the attempted coup will ‘pay the highest price’."

Reference:
 - http://www.euronews.com/2016/07/15/istanbul-bosphorus-bridge-and-fatih-sultan-mehmet-bridge-closed-by-turkish-military/
 - https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/15/turkey-coup-attempt-military-gunfire-ankara

265 dead. ((other source says only 20 coup forces killed) gov-source: 104 coup forces, ~40 civilians, ~161 pro-gov forces [117 unknown combatants, 41 police, 2 soldiers])
1,600+ injured.
3000+ soldiers arrested

You can check this thread out on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Turkey/comments/4t6ql6/facts_about_turkish_coup_july_15_2016/

the worst democratic regime is better than any military government for that reason i am happy to know that this attempted coup was failed . on the other hand , i am so sorry for the lost ones. prayers go for their families.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 10:58:34 AM

I live in the capital but at the time, I was visiting relatives in a small city with my family. My friends from the capital was saying there are F16s flying really low for hours and posting snaps, news from the Istanbul showed that some soliders had closed the Bosphours bridge and a friend who was traveling to Istanbul said they are making all the busses return, what the hell is going on?
We were confused, didn't know what was happening, I stayed up till 5-6 am that night to follow the news

A few hours later, tanks and armored personnel carriers were rolling onto the streets in Ankara and Istanbul, government officials said that this was an 'uprising and that they would pay the biggest price'

Then, some soliders took over the TRT(the national TV station) and made the anchorwoman read a statement that said that 'By the orders of the Turkish Armed Forces this statement has to be shown in every TV station, saying that there's a curfew, a martial law and saying that they took over the government as Yurtta Sulh Konseyi (Peace at home council) the statement was pretty long, I can link the full statement.

At the same night some soldiers also took over the CNN Türk, Hürriyet Newspapers' office too, in the CNN Türk, they connected to the president  via Facetime, he told people to go out on the streets and protest this. So millions of people (Almost all of them are Islamists or pro government people) gone out on the streets.

Joint Chiefs of Staff HQ, Gendermerie HQ was attacked by helicopters of coup forces. They also hit Police Special Forces HQ, Armed Special Forces HQ as well, also after Erdoğan left on a plane, they hit his hotel too.

They also took Head of Armed Forces Hulusi Akart hostage too, he's rescued now.

Most soldiers on the street were privates, who didn't know that there was a coup plot so most of them didn't even fire, surrendered but the angry mob that president called out on the streets killed some of them, there are NSFW videos all over there, killing unarmed, surrendered soldiers.

But the fishy thing is they didn't take any politicials or did any very strong moves like it wasn't like a coup and they started doing this at 10PM. There are several theories.

Government claims that the coup attempt was done by a small group in the army, people from the FETÖ (they're like an Islamic cult which were like brothers with the government years ago but now total enemies)

There were also call to the prayers and salas till the morning from all the mosques in the country which is another fucked up thing.

1,600+ injured.
3000+ soldiers arrested

WOW this is really sad. I am just next door in Cyprus and I am worried about the whole region getting destabilized and I feel sorry for people like my Son, who is half Turkish(karadeniz) and half Greek and hope all these problems do not escalate in more wars in the region. I feel all the more now we must all band together and strive for peace and I see too much instability in this world at the moment and believe it is done by the hands of BIG MONEY and the Bilderberg and top politicians colluding with the big banks and rich families. I do sincerely hope the People of Turkey unite and have no more problems like this. Smiley My Selam to all our friends in Turkey.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 01:12:19 PM

It's simple, really.

How is it difficult to organize a coup when you got the army on your side?
"no evidence of such claim" well I'd say the fact that the whole army surrendered to police forces and mere citizens is in itself a proof...
They actually want to make us believe that tanks were stopped by normal citizens protesting xD

Losvienleg

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 02:09:30 PM

Sadly it failed Sad. All these people died for nothing, and this kurdicide president is still at power Sad. One positive thing is that Turkish economy is ruined for a long time.

Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 02:21:35 PM

The sultan is firmly in power, time for a new extension to the palace... The Turkish people seem stupid enough to like it ;-)...

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 03:15:40 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2016, 04:12:31 PM by redsn0w

"A huge explosion has rocked the Turkish capital Ankara - just days after an attempted coup in the country."

We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.

For the latest news and breaking news visit Mirror.co.uk/news . Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ankara-explosion-huge-blast-rocks-8450043

https://twitter.com/pzf/status/755420908622348288
https://twitter.com/blitchiz/status/755419413021532161

jupiterdianysa

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 11:50:32 PM

The rest is chaos, civil war, sentences to death for many people and endless murders
oli123123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 10:16:58 AM

"A huge explosion has rocked the Turkish capital Ankara - just days after an attempted coup in the country."

We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.

For the latest news and breaking news visit Mirror.co.uk/news . Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ankara-explosion-huge-blast-rocks-8450043

https://twitter.com/pzf/status/755420908622348288
https://twitter.com/blitchiz/status/755419413021532161

It wasn't an explosion it was just a house fire.

https://www.rt.com/news/352094-large-explosion-ankara-turkey/
jupiterdianysa

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 12:20:34 PM

State of emergency is announced in Turkey by PM
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 10:23:25 PM

The Real Story Behind The Turkish Coup

September 1961. Geneva, Switzerland. A Turkish classmate of mine named Turgut burst into my room, crying, 'those bastards just hanged my father!'

The 'bastards' in question were Turkey's generals. They had  overthrown the civilian government of Adnan Menderes and hanged my friend's father. Since, then, the mighty Turkish armed forces has tried to overthrow the government about every ten years.

Last weekend's military coup in Turkey was the fifth coup since the 1960's. Many had believed the mighty, 610,000-man Turkish armed forces, backed by 379,000 trained reserves, NATO's second largest  forces after the US, had finally been driven back to its barracks by the popular democratic AK party government of  President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

So it seemed until last Friday when tanks seized the two Bosphorus bridges in Istanbul, and attacks were staged against key targets, like TV stations, the intelligence HQ, and government buildings. Five very senior generals and 25 colonels were reportedly at the core of the uprising.

A special commando team was sent to capture or, more likely, kill President Erdogan who was vacationing at the seaside resort, Marmaris. He managed to escape minutes before the plotters struck. A number of his bodyguards were killed. Erdogan boarded a small plane and flew to Istanbul as two rebel F-16 jets were hunting his black-out aircraft. The president  and his military loyalists rallied troops and the air force. It was all eerily similar to the 1991 coup attempt on the vacationing Soviet leader, Mikhail Gorbachev, by hardline Communists.

Turkey and its predecessor, the Ottoman Empire, have been vexed by military meddling and plots since the 1600's, notably by the elite military corps, the Janissaries.

Today's Janissary are the modern Turkish armed forces. They have long been joined at the hip with the Pentagon. Like Latin America's generals, Turkey's pashas (generals) were far to the right, hidebound, and reliant on US finance and arms. Turkey's pashas were also virulently anti-Muslim. They regarded Islam as backwards and a threat to the secular oligarchy that long ruled Turkey under successive military juntas.

The coup leaders believed they would have popular support. Far from it, throngs of Turks poured into the streets supporting Erdogan's AK party and calling the insurgents traitors. Five Turks were run over by tanks after they sought to stop the rebel armor with their bodies.

Read more at https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/07/eric-margolis/real-story-behind-coup/.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: