Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The latest Avalon announcement in China(Translated). Batch #3, price and more.  (Read 36501 times)
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:36:33 PM

Dude,
I ordered mine at noon i remember it clearly. A friend of mine ordered about 12 PM so please excuse me it was not available for a whole day but at least for 12+ hours. I am talking for the reopening of second batch 1 week later after the initial fiasco probably you missed this out ?

You understand that on a high traffic website, there are lots of factors, right ? Since you and your friend could order, does not mean everyone could.
Any way dude i am not arguing with you and i do not want to...Let someone else to tell the story from his point of view if it does have any matter. What i remember is that units were selling out very slowly compared to batch 1 and btach 2 first wave
take care dude Smiley

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:37:52 PM

Stop with all of this bs please...
Thank you @ the Avalon team for the magic you have done. You deserve what your future earnings.
As NG stated many times all off topic (in fact it is on topic) is welcomed what is your problem after all?

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:41:13 PM

Stop with all of this bs please...
Thank you @ the Avalon team for the magic you have done. You deserve what your future earnings.
As NG stated many times all off topic (in fact it is on topic) is welcomed what is your problem after all?

You shouldn't feed the troll, he only wants to troll. He is shouting sentences without any meaning in hope to fell the avalon team guilty and lower their prices because he can't afford it. This is the way I read it and this is why I asked you to stop.

Feel free to continue anyway, its funny.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:42:53 PM

Dude,
I ordered mine at noon i remember it clearly. A friend of mine ordered about 12 PM so please excuse me it was not available for a whole day but at least for 12+ hours i am talking for the reopening of second batch 1 week later after the initial fiasco probably you missed this out ?

Some of us still have a daily job / business to run and commitments, despite the entire BTC craze, and cannot spend the whole day checking the site.

12 hours window reminds me more a Black Friday rush, then an equal opportunity to anyone willing to put their coins into early product.

Anyhow, this discussion is moot as Avalon can and will charge whatever they want, so I wish luck to all current and future ASIC miners – in the end you only make the market stronger.
Nexus2k

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:45:40 PM

what a pitty.... missed batch #2 because I was unable to get my money converted to BTC fast enough and now when I did read about batch #3 on monday I went on and bought BTC but only calculated with 1599$ like it was for batch #2 -.-

I completly understand the position of Avalon team, but the risk for the customers is a bit too high for me now. (But I'm looking for joint ventures if anyone is interested...)
jmsanto123

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

Find a Way or Make One

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:47:01 PM

we discussed batch3 price for a long time.

personally, i do think this is a reasonable price.

batch#1: 1300USD + your trust,  batch#2: 1500USD + your trust, batch#3 = ?

why batch 1 and batch2 customers will enjoy such a low USD price and extremly high profit? because they put their valuable trust on us.

last September, most of you think we have little chance to win, or could be a crappy scam, you don't buy.

this January, considerable people think we take Jeff down or just spent 400K to make a prototype, you don't buy.

now, everything on track, machines delivered to your hands are only a matter of time. you want to buy them at a same price or something like 2000USD.

OK, please tell me, what is the price of people most valuable things "trust" should be? 500USD? no, 5000USD at least.

as a core developer, i look upon all Avalons as my son. i will send them to who believe us, not the faithless or buzzard.

Double the price is reasonable, 4+ times the "price" with another indefinite wait is absurd. Especially considering the hiccups and the delays and the general stonewalling of the people ( like me ) who ordered batch1 and batch 2 and still have nothing but a few emails and promises of "its shipped".

If you want to sell them for 100btc and you have them in stock and are shipping the next day and guarantee delivery in a week, yeah maybe the price works for the profiteers.

If you want 100 btc and you jerk everyone around like the last 2 orders, ignore the users asking for very little information and don't maintain a delivery schedule, it not going to happen. People are going to go to BFL, get their SC or minirig in the same time frame and have smaller more efficient devices.

Avalon has a niche, exploit it a little, don't go raping people. The guys who are buying them mostly are people like me, not profiteers, we are hobbyists. I'm not rich. I'm a poor college researcher like you.

Dr Zhang you've always been a straight shooter and very knowledgeable. You guys deserve a profit. If you need a huge profit then just publically mine with half a batch and make your money there and sell the other half. Limit orders to one per person and premine the units for a week or whatever then ship them off. But demanding a ridiculous cost in btc up front with vague delivery and distant support is not what I've come to expect from team avalon.

+1

AVALON-ASIC(Batch #2) Order #3xx3 made on February 18, 2013. Order status: completed(Mining Now).
Gridseed Dual Miner (01/Mar/2014) Order#17-#18 with Badman0316 | Order Status: completed(Mining Now).
BTC Address : 1DcYbWHmpyJHbnec2A6J4zNy5f1kdEtXFj
relm9

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:51:49 PM

Dude,
I ordered mine at noon i remember it clearly. A friend of mine ordered about 12 PM so please excuse me it was not available for a whole day but at least for 12+ hours i am talking for the reopening of second batch 1 week later after the initial fiasco probably you missed this out ?

Some of us still have a daily job / business to run and commitments, despite the entire BTC craze, and cannot spend the whole day checking the site.

12 hours window reminds me more a Black Friday rush, then an equal opportunity to anyone willing to put their coins into early product.

Anyhow, this discussion is moot as Avalon can and will charge whatever they want, so I wish luck to all current and future ASIC miners – in the end you only make the market stronger.

Ditto. I missed batch #2 by a few hours. If anything, the risk is much higher for batch #3 since there's a greater possibility of the difficulty going up soon and the offchance that BFL may actually ship.

If I do decide to get an ASIC, I might just order one through BFL even though I am fully aware they may never ship, still a lower risk to me than dropping $5k as I can afford to lose a grand and I'm not interested in insane ROI.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:00:00 PM

If I do decide to get an ASIC, I might just order one through BFL even though I am fully aware they may never ship, still a lower risk to me than dropping $5k as I can afford to lose a grand and I'm not interested in insane ROI.

Welcome to the majority Wink ..unfortunately Team Avalon doesn't quite understand us.

SyRenity

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:01:22 PM

You shouldn't feed the troll, he only wants to troll. He is shouting sentences without any meaning in hope to fell the avalon team guilty and lower their prices because he can't afford it. This is the way I read it and this is why I asked you to stop.

Feel free to continue anyway, its funny.

I'm indeed not willing to risk such sum alone without some delivery guarantees, as I openly stated here.
The rest was merely my personal experience and point of view. Feel free to interpret it however you wish.
SyRenity

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:02:20 PM

what a pitty.... missed batch #2 because I was unable to get my money converted to BTC fast enough and now when I did read about batch #3 on monday I went on and bought BTC but only calculated with 1599$ like it was for batch #2 -.-

I completly understand the position of Avalon team, but the risk for the customers is a bit too high for me now. (But I'm looking for joint ventures if anyone is interested...)

As I mentioned in neighboring threads, I'm willing to pool on this with someone to share the risks, PM me if interested.
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:13:31 PM

Pretty outrageous stuff.

My thoughts exactly.

Hey, are you free for drinks on Friday?

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:14:01 PM

As I mentioned in neighboring threads, I'm willing to pool on this with someone to share the risks, PM me if interested.
The guy registered today and has offered twice already to partner with buying or housing avalon units. It's 99.9% a scammer. I've said it.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:19:13 PM

There is a saying "It is FAR easier to criticize than to create".
From reading the posts of the two people that have created the avalon (a HUGE success considering those who have failed and those we seemed to have failed), it sounds like they are more than a little tired a people who stand to get rich from their creation, constantly complaining about what is fair.
If I had worked 16 hour days for the last 4 months and constantly had to put out fires to get this thing to market, I think I would be sick and tired of hearing all the bickering from people just thinking about themselves.
Maybe everyone should step back and admire what they have accomplished and congratulate them for it.
I for one am amazed they are working this hard for OTHERS benefit (their personal gain is not that much when you consider all the hassle and the costs).
My hat is off to both of them.

shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:24:37 PM

There is a saying "It is FAR easier to criticize than to create".
From reading the posts of the two people that have created the avalon (a HUGE success considering those who have failed and those we seemed to have failed), it sounds like they are more than a little tired a people who stand to get rich from their creation, constantly complaining about what is fair.
If I had worked 16 hour days for the last 4 months and constantly had to put out fires to get this thing to market, I think I would be sick and tired of hearing all the bickering from people just thinking about themselves.
Maybe everyone should step back and admire what they have accomplished and congratulate them for it.
I for one am amazed they are working this hard for OTHERS benefit (their personal gain is not that much when you consider all the hassle and the costs).
My hat is off to both of them.

Riiiiiiiiiiiigh! All high-tech companies in the world should get a part of your hat - go give it to Larry & Page & Wally & Bill ... since they created the company for others' good, and not for business.

You have accomplished something good, great - reap the benefits and have a beer.
Try to extort people - get ready to get smoldered

What you do for your business is your choice, what customer base feels about is is their choice.

Got it ? Now move on.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:28:33 PM

The price is fair and the people who believe and are in it for the long term (which is what we NEED) will buy.  This will push the "flippers" out.   I actually think this is a good development.

m3whiteknight

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:31:47 PM

we discussed batch3 price for a long time.

personally, i do think this is a reasonable price.

batch#1: 1300USD + your trust,  batch#2: 1500USD + your trust, batch#3 = ?

why batch 1 and batch2 customers will enjoy such a low USD price and extremly high profit? because they put their valuable trust on us.

last September, most of you think we have little chance to win, or could be a crappy scam, you don't buy.

this January, considerable people think we take Jeff down or just spent 400K to make a prototype, you don't buy.

now, everything on track, machines delivered to your hands are only a matter of time. you want to buy them at a same price or something like 2000USD.

OK, please tell me, what is the price of people most valuable things "trust" should be? 500USD? no, 5000USD at least.

as a core developer, i look upon all Avalons as my son. i will send them to who believe us, not the faithless or buzzard.

Double the price is reasonable, 4+ times the "price" with another indefinite wait is absurd. Especially considering the hiccups and the delays and the general stonewalling of the people ( like me ) who ordered batch1 and batch 2 and still have nothing but a few emails and promises of "its shipped".

If you want to sell them for 100btc and you have them in stock and are shipping the next day and guarantee delivery in a week, yeah maybe the price works for the profiteers.

If you want 100 btc and you jerk everyone around like the last 2 orders, ignore the users asking for very little information and don't maintain a delivery schedule, it not going to happen. People are going to go to BFL, get their SC or minirig in the same time frame and have smaller more efficient devices.

Avalon has a niche, exploit it a little, don't go raping people. The guys who are buying them mostly are people like me, not profiteers, we are hobbyists. I'm not rich. I'm a poor college researcher like you.

Dr Zhang you've always been a straight shooter and very knowledgeable. You guys deserve a profit. If you need a huge profit then just publically mine with half a batch and make your money there and sell the other half. Limit orders to one per person and premine the units for a week or whatever then ship them off. But demanding a ridiculous cost in btc up front with vague delivery and distant support is not what I've come to expect from team avalon.

very well said

like I said earlier,  88 coin and unit in stock READY to ship = fair deal

five grand and who know when will you get a shipping tracking number will not gonna fly
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:40:27 PM

You no accept card or paypal, you no trust, you create demand for bitcoins, push price higher. Bitcoin payment need trust. We use other payment now? Or you still no trust?

SyRenity

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:52:19 PM

very well said

five grand and who know when will you get a shipping tracking number will not gonna fly

I can only +1 this.
m3whiteknight

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 11:00:58 PM

very well said

I can only +1 this.

reading over this I am thinking of one idea that avalon team actually can use.

Offer 10 units at 100 BTC coin that GUARANTY  shipping in 3 days. Even bypass all batch 1 and batch 2 buyer that are still waiting for their unit.    

After this 10 units sold out,   offer 10 more unit at 200 coin each

I am very sure there are many buyer willing to pay a premium to get their unit ship first,
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 11:05:03 PM

You no accept card or paypal, you no trust, you create demand for bitcoins, push price higher. Bitcoin payment need trust. We use other payment now? Or you still no trust?

As a vendor, I don't trust Paypal. And I've had many bad experiences with credit card companies where I always ended up holding the short stick

If I could do my entire business by receiving BTC only, I would surely sleep a lot better at night

As for driving up the price of BTC, I can only salute the Avalon team on a job well done. I've crossed the point where I stopped wondering about the equivalent value in EUR, I just look at how much BTC I spent on Avalon hardware and I am calculating forward to where I am breaking even, recouping all my BTC and start generating new BTC thus adding value to this community

The underlying USD and EUR world is no long relevant
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: