Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:40:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The latest Avalon announcement in China(Translated). Batch #3, price and more.  (Read 36501 times)
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 01:04:34 AM

we discussed batch3 price for a long time.

personally, i do think this is a reasonable price.

batch#1: 1300USD + your trust,  batch#2: 1500USD + your trust, batch#3 = ?

why batch 1 and batch2 customers will enjoy such a low USD price and extremly high profit? because they put their valuable trust on us.

You keep missing your shipping deadlines.  You say you're going to ship in May, but how do we know you won't ship in say August because you decide you need another vacation?

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:12:06 AM

You keep missing your shipping deadlines.  You say you're going to ship in May, but how do we know you won't ship in say August because you decide you need another vacation?

Even if they did, you'd still probably receive it sooner than you'd receive a $5,000 BFL order made today.  ASICMiner may or may not make their boards available to the public between now and then and if helveticoin pans out, its partners may or may not deliver units before August.  

No-one's putting a gun to people's head and making them buy an Avalon - no-one needs an ASIC ASAP, those who want them ASAP are driven by self-interest, not altruism.  If people don't like Avalon's terms, they can wait for someone else to offer terms they find more acceptable (just as people can choose whether or not to seek a refund from BFL).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:17:11 AM

88BTC 3 modules no psu
OK, so "doubly prosperous" number comes up again. Couple of months ago we used to speculate that the Avalon will have 88 chips.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120184.msg1402667#msg1402667

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_in_Chinese_culture#Eight

This is probably going to be a very firm price then.

Which reminded me of Telly Savalas in Capricorn One:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8jJxKTFXPc

It is only 1'44", well worth watching.

EG: Mr Albaine, how much do you charge to dust a field?
TS: $25.
EG: I'd like to hire your plane.
TS: That'll be a $100.
EG: You said you charged $25?
TS: $25 to dust a field, but you ain't got no field because you ain't no farmer, which means you ain't poor and I think you're a pervert!
EG: Okay, $100.
TS: $125.
EG: What?
TS: Because you said yes to a $100 too quick, which means you can afford a $125.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:43:25 AM

I've seen a lot of people recently posing the question, why would ASIC vendors sell a machine for $1500 that make 6-8k a month? I think this answers the question pretty clearly, They wouldn't! What makes you guys think Avalon wants to sell you a device that will return it's value in 1-2 weeks when they could easily build the machines for themselves and make much more? On top of that, there's no competition right now.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
Milan77

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:01:51 AM

I have ordered from batch #2.

Reading this forum, can I expect to see my ASIC delivered even if you do not sell batch #3 ?
I understand that it is like sell batch #2 to ship batch #1, sell batch #3 to ship batch #2, etc...

I put my trust and money on Avalon team, waiting for product, every day of delay is pure lost in real world.

At this price, I believe they could sell them right away, there will be customers.
I also feel for those who did not put order in #1 or #2 batch.
Price is risky, yes... and dont know how to approve it, but after batch#3 there could be batch #4 with price of 10k$ and so on, you will again feel sorry for not ordered #3 batch units.

Do not really know, this is all a betting situation with high stakes.

alexanderanon

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:08:59 AM

No offense  but I can't help feeling   you have turned around completely and are now driven solely  by monetary  gain.

>implying miners aren't themselves driven solely by monetary gain
repentance

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:19:40 AM

No offense  but I can't help feeling   you have turned around completely and are now driven solely  by monetary  gain.

They want ASICs right now "to secure the network", doncha know. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
gen. specific

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:23:07 AM

be better off buying bitcoin in limited times
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:27:12 AM

They want ASICs right now "to secure the network", doncha know. 

My memory might be poor but i recall the head of avalon stating some pretty lofty goals that had little to do with
making a profit and more to do with his fondness of bitcoin. I think what he said back then is what the OP in the
first quote was recalling and how it has "turned around" to obviously making a profit because of the price increase compared
to the very reasonably priced past units.

But eh.. what does it matter? He can do as he wishes and I will find it humorous if he sells another 300-600 units at 5K each.
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 02:28:11 AM

And no one is taking into account that this is an illegal business  not paying tax in China.
Plus money laundering, since paying funds to a private bank account for business is highly illegal in China.

Once the local authorities cotton on..... it will be "game over" VERY quickly......

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:38:34 AM

[...] why would ASIC vendors sell a machine for $1500 that make 6-8k a month? I think this answers the question pretty clearly, They wouldn't!

Seems you've forgotten about Batches #1 and #2...

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 02:39:03 AM

we discussed batch3 price for a long time.

personally, i do think this is a reasonable price.

batch#1: 1300USD + your trust,  batch#2: 1500USD + your trust, batch#3 = ?

why batch 1 and batch2 customers will enjoy such a low USD price and extremly high profit? because they put their valuable trust on us.

last September, most of you think we have little chance to win, or could be a crappy scam, you don't buy.

this January, considerable people think we take Jeff down or just spent 400K to make a prototype, you don't buy.

now, everything on track, machines delivered to your hands are only a matter of time. you want to buy them at a same price or something like 2000USD.

OK, please tell me, what is the price of people most valuable things "trust" should be? 500USD? no, 5000USD at least.

as a core developer, i look upon all Avalons as my son. i will send them to who believe us, not the faithless or buzzard.

+1 nice, keep up the good work!

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
repentance

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:51:53 AM

It's a bit of a cute "fuck you" to BFL refugees, too.  People who were planning on cancelling their BFL Single order when notice of Batch 3 opening was given might just have to stick with BFL or give up on ASICs for now.

My memory might be poor but i recall the head of avalon stating some pretty lofty goals that had little to do with
making a profit and more to do with his fondness of bitcoin.

I think that goal is still there.  This is pretty clearly intended to discourage those whose primary concern is earning USD.  The BTC:USD exchange rate shouldn't matter if you're evaluating your ROI in terms of BTC.  Discouraging the notion that people have a "right" to earn back their purchase price in a matter of days is also not a bad idea.  That's only ever been a possibility for very early adopters and BFL has certainly had no qualms about selling so many units that it will take months (and possibly longer) for people ordering now to receive their units and even more months to break even.  Someone ordering now from any ASIC vendor is hardly a "very early adopter".

shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:03:36 AM

The BTC:USD exchange rate shouldn't matter if you're evaluating your ROI in terms of BTC.  

It is easy for you to say if you already have BTC in pocket which were obtained earlier. Very hard when you will have to convert and then pay.

This whole thing is skewed towards people who already made money by mining/purchasing BTC early - so yes - this still supports the early adopters only. It is a losing proposal if someone goes and converts hard earned USD at the rate of 65 to BTC

Just expressing my perspective, that's all.
CrazyGuy
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:05:57 AM

[...] why would ASIC vendors sell a machine for $1500 that make 6-8k a month? I think this answers the question pretty clearly, They wouldn't!

I distinctly remember BTC being worth around $6 a piece for batch 1 and a volatile $25 for batch 2.

dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 03:17:19 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2013, 03:29:03 AM by dust

ITT: Entitled miners

ngzhang is absolutely right.  Batch 1 and Batch 2 customers took a large risk.  Now, it is proven that Avalon delivers machines that essentially print money and it doesn't make any sense for them to sell them so cheaply.

$5-6k is still a very reasonable price for a 60Gh/s machine, as BFL has not shipped yet.  If BFL ships in mass before the batch #3 store is opened, then I could see Avalon reevaluating their pricing.

I distinctly remember BTC being worth around $6 a piece for batch 1 and a volatile $25 for batch 2.
BTC was ~$12 when batch #1 ordering opened.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
CrazyGuy
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:28:22 AM

I stand corrected, I thought they started preorders at the same time as BFL. In any case, my point was, people did not expect to make $6k+ a month with Avalon when purchasing batch 1 and 2. It was widely expected that BFL would beat them to market with both batches. Now that their profitability is more certain, why would Avalon want to give miners an all but guaranteed 4x ROI?

If you want to ensure AVALON doesn't mine with their own devices, you are going to have take a little hit on profitability.

m3whiteknight

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:33:24 AM

it seem that BFL is getting closer to get their chip finalized.

https://twitter.com/BFL_News

potential buyer need to consider if BFL start shipping in next few week or buying a five grand avalon batch 3 that will arrive in June.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:43:05 AM

= now just 88BTC

Buy one today!
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 04:04:17 AM

Like I said, I really wish the BTC to crash once you have your ordering started - will see where your lecture goes.

Haha, so much hate, what did you miss out on batch #1 and 2 or something? Willing to make a comment based on the negative outcome of Bitcoin as a whole just to get at me.

I do not hate you. I do not even know you. I am a new comer in BTC market, and certainly was prepping my investment based on previous batch prices, so I expected something in $1800 range. I do not have BTC mined from earlier, so purchasing BTC with usd at 64+ is out of my capacity.

With the strategy change from accepting USD to BTC, potential customers and newcomers like me are screwed, without any hope to get into mining, since other than ASIC every other h/w is outdated.

The strategy of taking BTC is making sure, the people who bought batch 1 or 2 will keep on buying with the produced BTC (or the old time miners), and does not welcome new comers. Are you expanding the market with that ?

To be fair, why don't you give both choice of paying in BTC, or equivalent in USD ? Then there would be a fair chance. It is extremely hard to collect USD and then convert to BTC. Does that make sense ?

What I have been saying is purely my feeling as a new entrant in the market, who feels that he is out of option, just because this pay with BTC thing.

Again, I do not have anything personal with you or anyone at Avalon, so please do not take in that way.

Never give up.
If you have $1,500 that is more or less equivalent to BTC 23.
If you can make a consortium with 3 additional people who have $1,500, your consortium can purchase a batch 3 machine.
Don't complain: plan for success.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: