Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:59:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The latest Avalon announcement in China(Translated). Batch #3, price and more.  (Read 36501 times)
ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 04:59:43 AM

The price of each unit is the current mining difficulty which at the time of writing, just got readjusted to about 6,695,826. We take that number and multiply it by two ( predicting the network speed will double. ) and calculate the return in a thirty day window, which is about 75 bitcoins. See this site for more details.

Exactly what batch 2 opened at. Though the exchange rate was around $20 at that time and shipping was included at that time.

Batch #2 was a gift.

Hindsight improves one's vision...certainly didn't seem like a gift at the time. With shipping being pushed back, it's less of a gift, but I'll go along anyway if we get those extra expansion slots.

I don't know what numbers you were working on, but from my perspective, anyway I crunched the numbers, it was a more than 50% chance that these would ROI and possibly more.  I know BFL sounded like it was going down but I just don't have faith in them, really since the FPGA and how long those took and the serious lack of customer service.

I have zero faith in BFL...that's why I placed an order for an Avalon on 2/3. Had they not gotten that unit into Garzik's hands and gotten info out right before opening the order window it'd have been a whole lot tougher for me to press that buy button. The numbers were there, but Avalon guys were acting pretty creepy at that time.

They went from creepy to be self-aggrandizing preachers:

"If you recall, our original plan was to produce only one batch, sell chips to thwart the centralization of mining, but due to the lackluster performance of our competitors we are here today as the exact centralization we tried to decouple."

Let me give you case in point - Libertybuck (in China) with 18 Avalon units would be minimally 1.2 TH/s.  Allowing one person to order than many units while other could not get even one order in seems like they didn't really follow through on what they were preaching.

They should be commended for their hard work as opposed to the comedy/tragedy act that is BFL, but their Oligarchy (Bitsyncom demanding respect from his customers) needs some retooling.  And no it's not a cultural thing I'm misreading since my parents are from mainland also.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:25:48 AM

Let me give you case in point - Libertybuck (in China) with 18 Avalon units would be minimally 1.2 TH/s.  Allowing one person to order than many units while other could not get even one order in seems like they didn't really follow through on what they were preaching.

They should be commended for their hard work as opposed to the comedy/tragedy act that is BFL, but their Oligarchy (Bitsyncom demanding respect from his customers) needs some retooling.  And no it's not a cultural thing I'm misreading since my parents are from mainland also.

LOL, I've rejected multitude of 100+ orders and even an offer to buy out the whole 300 unit lot, if we want to min-max I wouldn't even reply to you.

out of the numerous email I get a day, about 30% is people asking how can I pay me $$$$ to get faster shipment, talk about respect.

I'll respect people who deserves it.

Also, what does your parents have to do with anything. Some people in china got their units earlier due to Chinese New Year, or are you too detached from China growing up outside and all, considering you didn't say you were also from mainland that you don't actually understand CNY's impact on business?

LOL

fuxianhui888

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:39:41 AM

LOL, I've rejected multitude of 100+ orders and even an offer to buy out the whole 300 unit lot, if we want to min-max I wouldn't even reply to you.

out of the numerous email I get a day, about 30% is people asking how can I pay me $$$$ to get faster shipment, talk about respect.

Also, what does your parents have to do with anything. Some people in china got their units earlier due to Chinese New Year, or are you too detached from China growing up outside and all, considering you didn't say you were also from mainland that you don't actually understand CNY's impact on business?

LOL

Hi,Yifu,
what does 8:30AM EST, 3/25/2013 mean?batch 3 release time?
and when can we get the payment instruction of paying by CNY
Vicus

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:47:54 AM

Please, post your guideline to be respected. I just simply don't understand, what I should do, to get info from you or ngzhang?
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 06:01:10 AM

LOL

Well I do commend you for killing the 100+ orders, but is it really fair to let some people order 4-10 units while others don't even have a chance because the payment site went belly up?  It is your company and your decision, my opinion is a lottery system or even just limiting orders to 2 per address/person would have been more fair.

People who deserve respect...well some people behave on this site differently from their outside lives - yes you can see their greed in their emails to you.

I did not mean any disrespect about the heritage.  What I am saying is sometimes people don't understand the way people word things because sayings are different in different parts of the world.  My parents speech is often viewed as blunt or harsh, but guess that's the way we Chinese are lol.
BitSyncom

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 06:07:47 AM

Well I do commend you for killing the 100+ orders, but is it really fair to let some people order 4-10 units while others don't even have a chance because the payment site went belly up?  It is your company and your decision, my opinion is a lottery system or even just limiting orders to 2 per address/person would have been more fair.

People who deserve respect...well some people behave on this site differently from their outside lives - yes you can see their greed in their emails to you.

I did not mean any disrespect about the heritage.  What I am saying is sometimes people don't understand the way people word things because sayings are different in different parts of the world.  My parents speech is often viewed as blunt or harsh, but guess that's the way we Chinese are lol.

To shred some light, you can ask libertybuck, that was a group order, we didn't in fact allow people to order a lot of units per person. and as for payment site bellying up, that was totally our fault.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 06:15:50 AM

To shred some light, you can ask libertybuck, that was a group order, we didn't in fact allow people to order a lot of units per person. and as for payment site bellying up, that was totally our fault.

OK, thank you for that explanation.  I just felt jilted as I had tried ordering in Batch 1, 2.1 and 2.2 and couldn't get an order.  Well I did get an order in 2.2 but it shows as canceled - for some reason Walletbit closed out the order with over 9 min left at checkout.  I opened a ticket and never got an answer Sad
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 06:23:54 AM

Yeah it was a mess. I've still never seen an order # associated with my feb 3 order, just a walletbit receipt, with no confirmation of shipping address.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 06:27:11 AM

I don't know if you posted this elsewhere, but I want to thank you for owning that.
BitSyncom

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 06:31:05 AM

I don't know if you posted this elsewhere, but I want to thank you for owning that.

yeah in a earlier news letter we explained why we took the risk of keeping changing eCommerce platform and payment processors each round because this is such a rare chance to stress test their systems simulating some real transaction levels for that brief moment. Since this was also such a high demand product, we probably won't lose customers because of it.

We made the call and some customers suffered.

Think about how many orders a credit card processor process a second? I defend our decision.

luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 07:44:41 AM

i hope we will have at least a day to prepare to order #3 Grin
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 07:52:08 AM

It's opening in 4 hours and 45 minutes (8:30am est)

rampone

Activity: 339

dafq is goin on

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 08:01:41 AM

And nobody is bitching about them delaying and building a mining farm for themselves.... wow...

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
Homebrewman

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 08:38:42 AM

And nobody is bitching about them delaying and building a mining farm for themselves.... wow...

Honestly l am not happy about the price of batch 3 avalon but did you actually read the newsletter?
It said they would either  farm for a month OR raise the price of the units and leave it up to the community.
Realistically they could mine new each unit for 1 week  and call it ' testing'  then ship selling them at $2000 usd and be in just as good of a cash position.*I wish they would do that*
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 08:51:18 AM

Batch #2 was a gift.

Remember how many people complained that they opened the 2nd batch earlier than expected so they could pay bills to pre-order parts to complete batch #1?

Now it's a gift?

Let's all take note of those complaining that batch #3 is too expensive and check back in 3 months ;-)
rampone

Activity: 339

dafq is goin on

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 08:53:13 AM

Honestly l am not happy about the price of batch 3 avalon but did you actually read the newsletter?
It said they would either  farm for a month OR raise the price of the units and leave it up to the community.
Realistically they could mine new each unit for 1 week  and call it ' testing'  then ship selling them at $2000 usd and be in just as good of a cash position.*I wish they would do that*

true, sorry, misunderstood the sentence in the email.

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:03:00 AM

Batch #2 was a gift.

Remember how many people complained that they opened the 2nd batch earlier than expected so they could pay bills to pre-order parts to complete batch #1?

Now it's a gift?

Let's all take note of those complaining that batch #3 is too expensive and check back in 3 months ;-)

Batch #3 won't be expensive if all these conditions are met:

1) Shipping delay less than 2 weeks
2) BFL deliver no hashing power or meaningless amount of hashing power until June.
3) Avalon won't deploy Batch #4 themselves at 500T size.
4) Bitcoin won't enter into another bear market in next 3 month after a 35x rally from 2 USD bottom.
5) Bitfury delayed the 100T at June.
6) Helviticoin won't deliver 1000T until September.
7) ASICMINER don't deploy their next-gen chips until September.

So I decide to order Batch #3 with lots of other people to limit my exposure to such kind of uncertainty, though the 7 conditions are not impossible. The relationship between Batch #1 and #2 miners and Avalon are win-win, but less likely for the Batch #3 users.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
TwinTurbo

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:09:39 AM

So is there a limit on quantity this time around?

Also, I think I saw the price will be 75 btc. Will that include 4 modules, or is there a different price for those?

Will that include PSU and shipping?
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:15:42 AM

So is there a limit on quantity this time around?

Also, I think I saw the price will be 75 btc. Will that include 4 modules, or is there a different price for those?

Will that include PSU and shipping?

75BTC 3 modules, not sure on the rest.. but it may be +2 for shipping and + 2 for PSu

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
weirdgod

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:03:29 AM

Hmmm... I am thinking about jumping on batch 3 order, but I am wondering about the EU customs and taxation...  at 20% tax on imports... which value will Avalon mark the device? 7000k USD? 1500 USD range as previous batches?
This might make B3 avalon additional 20% more expensive... :|

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: