Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:33:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie onboard (got few questions)  (Read 92 times)
duhjeff (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:33:47 PM

Hello cool people on bitcointalk,
  Like most of people here, been browsing this forum since December of last year but never really posted anything.  Anyway, i completed my first two rig built (1 6 1080ti and 1 6 1080) rig and on my way onto the 3rd one (damn GPU is way to ridiculous for me to built anything now).   I have few questions for you cool people and maybe you can help me better

-my 1080 ti rig I am using Ryzen 1500x with asrock btm 350 board with 16gb 3200 memory.  2 out of the 6 GPU always need to disable / enable every time i restart.  I'm not sure why and it was giving me issue when I tried to update to the newest 1080 ti driver (it crashes and windows reload to the last known working spot).  My 6 1080 rig is using i5 and it gives me absolutely problems (with the exception of averaging $20~25 a day on nicehash) Tongue   Also, i noticed that with AMD because there is no onboard graphics feature.   the card that's registered to monitor seems to lose 100 sols no matter what i do.

-I'm currently using nicehash and awesome mining.  I noticed that the payout is a lot more with nicehash than with awesome mining (maybe it's because of the auto exchange where it exchange at such little amount when using profit switching?!?).  With nicehash, i get about 0.005ish btc from both of my rigs....with Awesome mining, i noticed i get about the same if I don't do auto exchange, just let it piled up a bit before i exchange them to my desired coin (litecoin).

-What is the best way to fine tune GPU's?   I followed everybody's steps on how to do it but it seems like I get less hash rate than everyone claims?!?    I set my 1080 ti's to about 65% on power, +150 core / +600 mem mining only equihash seems like a good combo, but how do you guys really do it to maximize profit.

-It seems like most of us all have the same problem...wife complaining about the machine being so hot Smiley    How do you overcome that....

-Also, how do you guys manage electricity?   both of my rigs are currently hooked up to two separate outlet and I"m afraid another rig will on the same area is not going to be good.   Should I hire electrician to hook up some 220v circuits?!?

-Anyway, any other cool windows mining programs you guys would recommend?    I need to use windows because both of my rig are currently in the dog house (sun room) and they're both using usb wifi stick).

Thanks for the answer in advance!  Hope I can learn more from you guys  (and GPU price to go down so I can build more) Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: