Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:27:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 x Avalon Batch 2 starting at 125BTC each  (Read 2812 times)
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:01:33 PM

Avalon announced that the unit cost of their third batch will start from 90BTC (67GH/s + Power Supply). I'm auctioning 5 units i have from the second batch starting from 150BTC each. Given the cost that Avalon applies to their third batch, i believe the opening price of this auction to be fair.
What is unfair of this auction is that i don't want to use an escrow. Selling this order, with the inability of changing the destination address, is a mess by his own. Using an escrow would make it almost impossible from my point of view.
Each unit will go for his own price, you can bid for the Avalons individually. In case a single individual bids for the all of 5 with a winning price, we can consider to use an escrow. The escrow will have in this case to release the founds right after the units arrives at the datacenter i'm shipping them to, i can route the control of my account with the datacenter to the escrow that will route that to you after releasing my founds. This is only viable way i know of using an escrow in this auction. (I cannot sell parts of my account to several people).
In case the units are purchased by more than one single individual, i will keep control of the account and give you access to the avalon so that you can point it to the pool of your choice. In this case you will have to pay me 100$/month via BTC since that i will pay the datacenter costs for you. I'm not interested into reshipping the units, i will keep control over it. I don't want to pay the datacenter to ship the avalon to you and you claiming that you received an empty box.

About my identity, you can check my username online, i use it from years. You can add me on facebook and ask my friends if they know me, you can send something at the postal address listed on "cedivad.com" to see if it's really me receiving whatever you send. I can let you VPN into my pc while i login to MTGOX where i have a verified account (they verified my residential location). All of this stuff is possible. If you have other ideas, let me know, i will evaluate them (if you win the auction and refuse to proceed otherwise). I know a few people of the italian community personally since that we do a monthly meetup in Padua, you can ask them about me if you want to.

So, summing it up.

If you bid for all of 5 the units:
-We use an escrow that will take control of my account at the datacenter that will receive the shipment and route that to you once that he verified that the avalon are in fact there.

If you bid for less than 5 units:
-We will not use an escrow and you will have to find other ways to verify my identity and trust me with this (let me say it) shitload of money.
-I will let your avalon online mining as long as you keep paying me 100$/month via BTC.
-Once that i receive your founds you are free to have your unit shipped to your home from the datacenter.

Auction ends 5 days after batch #3 orders opens. Late offers will extend the auction time by a minimal required amount, so that late bidders can bid.

Have a nice auction.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:02:33 PM

Downsides of opening a thread on the auction section: i cannot change the title. The starting price is 150BTC, not 125.
I'm sorry but i think i will write a lot of corrections as time goes on.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:05:49 PM

Where is this datacenter?
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:09:54 PM

Where is this datacenter?
The datacenter is in LA. I will not provide the name of the datacenter because it's relatively small (even if in business since 2006) and i'm afraid that with some social engineering you could gain access to my account.

nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:12:59 PM

Yeah, it sure is refreshing knowing some people are even more paranoid than I am... it almost makes me feel normal... almost.

Heh, seriously though, given your mention of the Italian community I was hoping the DC was somewhere in Europe and I was going to ask if I could do the deal in person to mitigate the escrow issue, but that side of the pond is no good for me.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:18:03 PM

Yeah, it sure is refreshing knowing some people are even more paranoid than I am... it almost makes me feel normal... almost.

Heh, seriously though, given your mention of the Italian community I was hoping the DC was somewhere in Europe and I was going to ask if I could do the deal in person to mitigate the escrow issue, but that side of the pond is no good for me.

Unfortunately i decided not to ship the units to my home since that i was afraid of having to pay the VAT, to have customs issues and of a big energy costs. Iceland (thor datacenter) was even more expensive. I'm sorry if it's a deal breaker for your but i understand it. Thank you for your interest.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:20:50 PM

Unless this is a Dutch auction, you have probably set the price a little high.   Even at current btc prices (and assuming they stabilize and HOLD this price), it would take months to make your price back and every week that more capacity came on while we were dicking around with escrow and getting the boxes moved etc. would just make this even worse.   You probably should have asked $5,000 and seen if people would bite or take it higher.   and spun it like "why wait to pre-order on friday, when for the same price you can get one today?Huh"

cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:26:43 PM

This is how I priced the unit:
Batch 3 will go for 90btc. Batch 2 customers like me will enjoy 15-30 days of mining before batch 3 hits the market. If your order is at the end of batch 3, this could be as much as 45 days. During these ~30 days the Avalon would mine around 50 btc. So we reach 140 btc. Seems fair to me.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:31:26 PM

Fair Enough.    It is an interesting theory but even the week your escrow structure could cause in delay would really change the math.   Good luck, please keep us updated it will be interesting to see if someone will pay that much of a premium for it.

cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:38:16 PM

Fair Enough.    It is an interesting theory but even the week your escrow structure could cause in delay would really change the math.   Good luck, please keep us updated it will be interesting to see if someone will pay that much of a premium for it.
The premium is already priced in by the batch 3 costs. During the "week" while there is the turnover with the escrow, the units will mine and the mined will go to the buyer, if everything concludes successfully.

Surpbitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:01:47 PM

Heres my offer.

1 unit for 100 BTC using escrow and I'll cover the overnight cost to ship the unit from the datacenter to my location once it arrives there.

If all goes well I will buy the remaining units within 3 business days of receiving my first one and I'll pay the same 6500 for each of them.

cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:06:39 PM

Heres my offer.

1 unit for 100 BTC using escrow and I'll cover the overnight cost to ship the unit from the datacenter to my location once it arrives there.

If all goes well I will buy the remaining units within 3 business days of receiving my first one and I'll pay the same 6500 for each of them.

Your offer is below my opening price, plus I don't have any way to be sure that you will not claim to have received an empty box from me. Other than this, 10btc of difference for being in batch 2 instead of batch 3 is really ridiculous and I want a btc fixed price, not depending on usd. I was offering the same 5 units for the same 150btc each one month ago while the price was 30$/btc.
In other words, thank you, but no, thank you.

Surpbitcoin

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:16:47 PM

Heres my offer.

Your offer is below my opening price, plus I don't have any way to be sure that you will not claim to have received an empty box from me. Other than this, 10btc of difference for being in batch 2 instead of batch 3 is really ridiculous and I want a btc fixed price, not depending on usd. I was offering the same 5 units for the same 150btc each one month ago while the price was 30$/btc.
In other words, thank you, but no, thank you.

I understand where your coming from, Let me assure you of a few things.

1- I have openly discussed real brick and mortar businesses here which are somewhat connected to me. I have got them listed on the WIKI, its been talked about on reddit and I just bought ad space here in this very forum for this company. This business has been in business since before many people on this forum were even using the internet. I have no reason to want to tarnish my name or the companies I represent.

2- I am still interested in doing a deal for 1 unit which we can discuss a fair price for, If the unit is delivered and there are no issues I will contact you to discuss buying the rest of the machines provided there are any remaining for sale.

105 BTC using escrow. Its a fair deal.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:23:32 PM

I could send the units to the escrow, that will open the package and verify that in fact these are working avalons. The escrow re-ship them to you and release my founds.

This way, given that the escrow is trusted, we should have a good transaction.

I'm sorry but for now I'm not evaluating offers under 150btc, if the auction closes with a nothing of done we can discuss this privately.

Thank you for your interest.

Surpbitcoin

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:24:57 PM

I could send the units to the escrow, that will open the package and verify that in fact these are working avalons. The escrow re-ship them to you and release my founds.

This way, given that the escrow is trusted, we should have a good transaction.

I'm sorry but for now I'm not evaluating offers under 150btc, if the auction closes with a nothing of done we can discuss this privately.

Thank you for your interest.

Ok please keep me in mind! I have the BTC and am ready to put them in escrow.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 05:39:30 AM

Conditional offer:

As I live in China, if they allow changing shipping address I will be interested. I will buy all of them at 125BTC.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 05:43:31 AM

Conditional offer:

As I live in China, if they allow changing shipping address I will be interested. I will buy all of them at 125BTC.

Try to contact the avalon team, maybe since that you use the Chinese for your communications you will be granted a fast and positive reply.

bitjet

Activity: 696
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 06:50:55 AM

you guys are fucking outrageous. 125btc? Hah.. maybe I'll go order a BFL, will have about the same luck getting my money back.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 07:03:18 AM

you guys are fucking outrageous. 125btc? Hah.. maybe I'll go order a BFL, will have about the same luck getting my money back.
BFL fanboys are gratefully asked to go on bitbet http://bitbet.us/bet/265/bfl-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-april-1st/ where they can find easy money putting their bitcoin where their mouth is.
I did it with a lot of money when BFL was just out of the chip fab and delivering in 10 days top, so please do the opposite instead of trolling this thread.

125btc is actually a good price, just 10btc above the cost of the 85GH unit on batch 3. I also really like the idea of simply having to lose the owenership of my Avalon store account.

If and when this auction reaches 200btc you can begin to complain. But yet, it would be a better bet than placing a bfl preorder.

hchc

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:10:51 AM

When is the batch #2 expect to arrive at the datacenter? And are these 65GH units?

.           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓