Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:42:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price down to 1.25 - How low will it go?  (Read 9802 times)
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:17:28 PM

I don't understand what are you guys trying to say, other alt coin?

Now the price has continued sinking down to 4.25, it does not show any signs of slowing down.
Units???

We are quoting the price of 1 USD (or anything else) in milliBitcoins (mBTC = BTC0.001). For this change of viewpoint, we are able to turn everything upside down, and that is fun.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:17:56 PM

I don't understand what are you guys trying to say, other alt coin?

We are quoting the price of 1 USD (or anything else) in milliBitcoins (mBTC = BTC0.001). For this change of viewpoint, we are able to turn everything upside down, and that is fun.

Peter Lambert (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:47:18 PM

It is crashing  Undecided We are almost at 5, and as a large holder of USD this troubles me.

And now we are down to 4.6, this drop is still going. Anybody want to guess where we will hit a bottom? I think it would be reasonable to get down to 3 or even 2 before the market stabilizes again. Anybody think we are going below 1 before the end of the year?

[Note to Moderators:] Despite this message being deleted (I am not sure why?) I am reposting it. Please read the thread carefully before deleting this post. I do not feel that this tread is any worse than the many other threads analyzing the price in this subforum.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:58:44 PM

It is crashing  Undecided We are almost at 5, and as a large holder of USD this troubles me.

And now we are down to 4.6, this drop is still going. Anybody want to guess where we will hit a bottom? I think it would be reasonable to get down to 3 or even 2 before the market stabilizes again. Anybody think we are going below 1 before the end of the year?

I know exactly one person who believes in the accelerated crash and breach of 1 this year, and it is not even me. To add some credibility, he is the one who introduced bitcoin to me in 2010.

My take on the matter is that dollar reaches an interim bottom of 0.5 next april but I cannot make myself to believe in large action this year. Something between 3 and 2 would be a safe bet.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:03:20 PM

I know exactly one person who believes in the accelerated crash and breach of 1 this year, and it is not even me. To add some credibility, he is the one who introduced bitcoin to me in 2010.

My take on the matter is that dollar reaches an interim bottom of 0.5 next april but I cannot make myself to believe in large action this year. Something between 3 and 2 would be a safe bet.

We still have over two months left in 2013. If the price starts dropping parabolically, it could over-correct and shoot below 1 very quickly. I do not think the rate will stay below 1, I suspect we will see the next leveling off somewhere between  3 and 5.

Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:48:12 PM

Price has dropped down to 3.09, it has gone down fast the past day! Anybody want to guess at a bottom before the price comes back up?

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:20:03 PM

Price has dropped down to 3.09, it has gone down fast the past day! Anybody want to guess at a bottom before the price comes back up?

A discussion over on the Wall Observer BTC/USD thread is when to start to discuss BTC/USD prices in terms of mBTC.

So a similar question here is when to switch to using USD / µBTC.  Cheesy
Savior

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:35:34 PM

The US cent is now down to under 3200 satoshis, and I think it might go under 3000 this week. A big question, when will we see tripple digits for the first time?
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:52:37 PM

The US cent is now down to under 3200 satoshis, and I think it might go under 3000 this week. A big question, when will we see tripple digits for the first time?

They are talking more and more about getting rid of the US penny because a cent is nothing now.

We are talking more and more about shifting to using pennies and micro pennies.

What does this tell you?
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:12:39 PM

Reliable sources estimate anything between 1 to 8 months.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 01:04:25 AM

I have lost a good deal of my net worth these past few weeks due to these market movements. Deeply concerned - will USD continue to drop? I am sad to say USD represents a large minority of my portfolio.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:39:29 AM

I have lost a good deal of my net worth these past few weeks due to these market movements. Deeply concerned - will USD continue to drop? I am sad to say USD represents a large minority of my portfolio.

Perhaps USD money masters should take some corrective action.. If this kind of drop continues, nobody can soon trust fiat to keep its value!!

Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:22:28 PM

Over the past couple weeks the price plummeted from 5.0 all the way down to 1.25, it looks like that was a dead cat bounce back up to 2.5, the price seems currently to be settling at about 1.4. This price looks shaky, the volatility is still high and the price could continue dropping, it might even go below 1 soon.

If the price drops to about 0.8 then USD will be equally worthless against bitcoins and ounces of gold.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:47:28 PM

Over the past couple weeks the price plummeted from 5.0 all the way down to 1.25, it looks like that was a dead cat bounce back up to 2.5, the price seems currently to be settling at about 1.4. This price looks shaky, the volatility is still high and the price could continue dropping, it might even go below 1 soon.

If the price drops to about 0.8 then USD will be equally worthless against bitcoins and ounces of gold.

Given the fact that ounces of gold outnumber bitcoins currently about 400:1, I expect ounces of gold to become increasingly more worthless against bitcoins.

Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:44:13 PM

Given the fact that ounces of gold outnumber bitcoins currently about 400:1, I expect ounces of gold to become increasingly more worthless against bitcoins.

I guess the big question is what the market cap ratio of bitcoins and gold will be in the long term? Will all of the value currently stored as gold be transferred to bitcoins? Gold has some utility for industrial, electronic, and jewelry uses (and as a medium for long-term storage of bitcoin wallets due to its non-corrosiveness), so the price of gold will never go all the way to 0, but the monetary markup is a huge component of its current price.

oakpacific

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:06:34 PM

My advice is to take long term short position in USD. Hold as little USD as possible, always borrow when you need it, coz there is too much outta there and it will always be cheaper when you return the loan!

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
reannypleas

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:11:27 PM

My advice is to take long term short position in USD. Hold as little USD as possible, always borrow when you need it, coz there is too much outta there and it will always be cheaper when you return the loan!

I dont agree, loans have much higher interest than inflation.

But hold as little USD as possible is good advice

oakpacific

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:46:29 AM

Well, that depends on where you spend you borrowed USDs, those who have borrowed to buy bitcoins must be feeling really good right now Wink

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Mondy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:17:21 AM

Well, that depends on where you spend you borrowed USDs, those who have borrowed to buy bitcoins must be feeling really good right now Wink

Unless they bought at the highest high! Undecided

wannasurf

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:02:49 AM

I wish there was some way to short USD
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: