Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:21:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price down to 1.25 - How low will it go?  (Read 9802 times)
Peter Lambert (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:04:45 PM

So the psychological barrier has been breached.

I've been following another price, EUR/mBTC, closely and expect it to follow suit in the near future (currently at 12.21). I'm not sure if it will be as big news as this one, though.

And this is why I do not think there is as much to the whole "psychological barrier" argument as people believe there is. While the USD is hitting a nice round number like 10 mB, the EUR is at a non-round 12.2 mB. Each local currency will have their own points of round numbers, and so the market will just ignore silly things like numbers.

Even though people make a big deal about the price going under 10, or when the price of an ounce of silver was 1000 mB, or when a gram of gold was 1000 mB, I do not think those points are so notable for the overall market. What will be notable is when the monetary base of bitcoins is the same as the monetary base of silver, or gold.

Looking back, we have come a long way from when somebody paid 10000000 mB for two pizzas. Now those two pizzas would be about 200 mB or so.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:13:49 PM

Now the price has continued sinking down to 4.25, it does not show any signs of slowing down.

nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:37:56 PM

Now the price has continued sinking down to 4.25, it does not show any signs of slowing down.
Units???
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:01:14 AM

Units???

We are quoting the price of 1 USD (or anything else) in milliBitcoins (mBTC = BTC0.001). For this change of viewpoint, we are able to turn everything upside down, and that is fun.

**//**

I am afraid the fall will continue until we get uncomfortably close to 1. When we start to approach it, say, at 1.5-1.3 or so, there will be increased buying pressure that will rock the boat. I think 1 will not be breached, technically that would be a bold prediction. I think that the parity will continue to offer support until this autumn, at least. (I am rather disappointed that 10 did not offer any support at all Sad )

As nothing seems to stop the fall, that is exactly what I will predict to happen: the fall will turn jittery and a sucker rally will commence from the level between 1.3-1.5. That will go all the way to 2.5-3, followed by a plateau which will provide a good exit point for many wealthy individuals and organisations, and a buyback point for those that successfully exited a while ago, since many of the goods they are willing to acquire are still priced in US dollars and have become surprisingly affordable due to the crash in the exchange rate.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:27:34 AM

Im guessing it will fall to < 1mBTC this month Cheesy

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:13:33 PM

Units???

I thought the units for this thread were clearly layed out in the first post.

I think that the parity will continue to offer support until this autumn, at least.

You can still get a cheeseburger at McDonald's for one, so I don't think the price can go all the way to zero unless something big changes.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:19:47 PM

Perhaps it will go to 2, like BTCUSD did Wink

You think it will reverse when we hit 2, or will it just keep going down?

Prophetic.

I think the probability for a sucker rally increases as we cross 2.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
oakpacific

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:47:09 PM

I heard that some large sellers and shorters are entering the market, over the last year the mining output of USD has significantly increased, needless to say the banksters who borrow their customers' money on speculation of a rapid USD price fall.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:25:13 PM

Looks like the price is stabilizing at about 8.1 or so. I predict this is like a repeat of last summer, we will have generally stable price for a while, perhaps with a gentle rise and fall, and in a few months the price will start moving down again.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:35:45 PM

I heard that some large sellers and shorters are entering the market, over the last year the mining output of USD has significantly increased, needless to say the banksters who borrow their customers' money on speculation of a rapid USD price fall.

Grin

If you expect the "rally" to be like 2011, remember that it is 30x fast forward now. The top was 5 days instead of 5 months, and we will smash the ATL about May 2nd  Wink

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 03:37:31 PM

It is crashing  Undecided We are almost at 5, and as a large holder of USD this troubles me.

Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 03:50:31 PM

what did you just smoke?
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:25:52 PM

what did you just smoke?

Read OP. Don't miss the fine print, please.
Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:31:09 PM

what did you just smoke?
Read OP. Don't miss the fine print, please.
tz.

i tought about that, but calculated 0.005 and so dropped the idea. so its m* ... lol
Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:42:04 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2013, 03:53:47 AM by Peter Lambert

Depends on where you look. MtGox went down to 5.1 but Bitstamp is still up over 5.8. But either way, the price is definitely going down. We may have a new low soon; if you look at something like a weekly average for the price, we are already down below what it was back in April (the low of about 3.8 was touched only briefly before the price jumped back to 20 on the way to settling at about 7 for the past couple months).

It doesn't help the exchange rate that the printers just got the green light to flood the market for the next four months without any limit. The American representatives just gave a blank check to the banksters, that move will come back to bite them and the people they represent, and the price dropping is just one of the many effects we will see. Now would be a good time to sell if you are holding any significant quantities.

Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:55:15 AM

Looks like the price is stabilizing at about 8.1 or so. I predict this is like a repeat of last summer, we will have generally stable price for a while, perhaps with a gentle rise and fall, and in a few months the price will start moving down again.

Hey, that looks like it worked out pretty much as I predicted Smiley

fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 08:00:06 AM

I don't understand what are you guys trying to say, other alt coin?

Zebra

Activity: 612

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:21:13 AM

Maybe you missed the third line in the OP.

Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:50:39 PM

I guess you could call USD an alt coin, but I don't think it even deserves that level of respect.

nobbynobbynoob

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 02:11:30 PM

I guess you could call USD an alt coin, but I don't think it even deserves that level of respect.

LMAO! Yes, even the likes of ADT, BUK or TIX, say, have more real value than Plunder Woman's greenbacks. Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: