Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:37:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have any Canadians received their batch #1 Avalons?  (Read 4112 times)
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:41:07 PM

Have you emailed Yifu? My early batch 1 order was MIA too and I emailed him and did get a response within a day.

I still haven't received my units or a tracking number but he did confirm my units were going out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tripper22 (OP)

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:48:11 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2013, 08:46:05 PM by tripper22

Have you emailed Yifu? My early batch 1 order was MIA too and I emailed him and did get a response within a day.

I still haven't received my units or a tracking number but he did confirm my units were going out.

What is your order number? I have emailed him, private messaged him and opened a support ticket. I emailed him numerous times. All correspondence has been polite. No response from him at all.

What else can I do?
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 09:44:00 PM

Well now im getting worried I picked the default DHL for batch #2. The only thing I was thinking about was trying to make the payment as fast as I can so I can be one of the early batch 2 owner and signed in as a guest but I did get an email from both avalon and from 4 emails from walletbit...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 09:56:25 PM

Well now im getting worried I picked the default DHL for batch #2. The only thing I was thinking about was trying to make the payment as fast as I can so I can be one of the early batch 2 owner and signed in as a guest but I did get an email from both avalon and from 4 emails from walletbit...

Well, if it makes you feel any better the amount of BTC it will earn in its very first DAY of operation will pay for the duty fees 10x over.

Batch 1 and Batch 2 customers are sitting pretty either way. Not so sure about batch 3 though. It all depends on how much new hashing power is added to the network.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 05:00:22 PM

I forgot to mention earlier but I just received my batch 1 Avalon yesterday. So chalk one up for Canada.

tripper22 (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 05:13:29 PM

I forgot to mention earlier but I just received my batch 1 Avalon yesterday. So chalk one up for Canada.

Congratulations. What was your order Number? Did you have to pay duties to DHL? Did DHL call you before delivering?
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 06:39:17 PM

Congratulations. What was your order Number? Did you have to pay duties to DHL? Did DHL call you before delivering?

Thank you.

order # 200000333

not sure if that's one of the very first or not...order was placed Oct 12 2012

I did have to pay $50.91 to DHL, well specifically to Loomis Express as they were the company that did the actual delivery. I believe DHL hands off all packages intended for Canada to Loomis Express.

No, nobody called me before delivery. They just showed up. Unfortunately I was not home when they attempted the first delivery so I had to go and pick it up myself from one of their local warehouses which belonged to yet another company (Medex Shipping or something like that). Quite a hassle but hey in the end it's worth it. For batch 2 I chose EMS.

tripper22 (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:01:18 PM

I'm hoping mine shows up in the next week (Order # 20000015x). My emails and pm's continue to go unanswered though.

All the best to my fellow Avalon batch #1 Canadians!
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 11:11:21 PM

I'm hoping mine shows up in the next week (Order # 20000015x). My emails and pm's continue to go unanswered though.

Hmm  yeah I heard they don't like to be bothered by such silly things as answering e-mails. I'm kidding of course as I have no expereince with their customer serivice, but yeah I think you should get yours next week.

Btw guys if you're on btcguild join the Canadian team Smiley This way we can be good at something else other than hockey Smiley..

shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:34:32 PM

Hmm  yeah I heard they don't like to be bothered by such silly things as answering e-mails. I'm kidding of course as I have no expereince with their customer serivice, but yeah I think you should get yours next week.

Btw guys if you're on btcguild join the Canadian team Smiley This way we can be good at something else other than hockey Smiley..

*if* and hopefully *when* I receive my batch 2 product, I will join this team. Although hockey is the most wonderful sport played on ice, *( GO OILERS!!! )*  it would indeed be nice to "branch out" into other endeavors...  Wink

in the meantime, I'm sticking with coinlab, (totally unsolicited endorsement incoming) - yes, it's 5% PPS, but has extremely low stales, and I'm fully expecting that they will honour their commitment to pay $2.5 per GH/s per day, until my "loyalty points"* are expended. ((once it becomes less profitable to mine with GPU of course))

*note: loyalty points are no longer available to be earned, only redeemed.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 01:32:17 AM

The bad news with batch 2 is that the Avalon team said they need a break before they start working on or shipping it (batch 2 units).

shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 01:58:29 AM

The bad news with batch 2 is that the Avalon team said they need a break before they start working on or shipping it (batch 2 units).

That is bad news. Or at least, unfortunate news. Still better than the "news" coming from the other camp...

The "good" news is that with the track record of the Avalon team, the term "a break" means a week or two, whereas with the track record of the "other" team, the term "a break" would mean 4-6 weeks, and at the end of 6 weeks, another 4 to 6 weeks... repeat indefinitely.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 04:14:44 AM

That is bad news. Or at least, unfortunate news. Still better than the "news" coming from the other camp...

The "good" news is that with the track record of the Avalon team, the term "a break" means a week or two, whereas with the track record of the "other" team, the term "a break" would mean 4-6 weeks, and at the end of 6 weeks, another 4 to 6 weeks... repeat indefinitely.

Cheesy Oh sick burn on BFL!

Yeah but all that wait will be worthwhile because the BFL chips are powered by magic! They will be able to hash all the bitcoins!

Now back to the serious business of bitcoins, I'd say that they deserve the break.

Fefox

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:28:29 AM

1 of 2 delivered... left HK on Friday, showed up Tuesday late afternoon. Customs/Duty was $43

order # was under 200, but my units had been held back due to a shipping problem.  Sad

From the looks of things this unit was in use for awhile, or run in a very dusty environment as cables in airflow had a pretty good buildup of fine dust..

but bottom line: I have it, it works! Smiley

Y E S !

farproc

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

ALGORY.io Crowdsale starts on 8/12/2017

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 06:44:05 AM

1 of 2 delivered... left HK on Friday, showed up Tuesday late afternoon. Customs/Duty was $43

order # was under 200, but my units had been held back due to a shipping problem.  Sad

From the looks of things this unit was in use for awhile, or run in a very dusty environment as cables in airflow had a pretty good buildup of fine dust..

but bottom line: I have it, it works! Smiley

Y E S !

Congrats!

▀███████████████▄▄
              █████████████████
               █████████████████
                █████████████████
                 █████████████████
                  █████████████████
        ▄▄▄▄       █████████████████
    ▄██████████▄    █████████████████
   ██████████████    █████████████████
  ████████████████    █████████████████
 ██████████████████    █████████████████
 ██████████████████     █████████████████
 ██████████████████      █████████████████
  ████████████████        █████████████████
   ██████████████          █████████████████
    ▀██████████▀            ▀████████████████▄
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
ALGORY  Multifunctional Tool for Cryptocurrency Trading 
Join Whitelist and Get 20% Bonus┃CROWDSALE ON DEC. 8
           ░████████████▒
       ░████████████████████░
     ░████████████████████████▒
   ░████████████████████████████░
  ░██████████████████   █████████▒
 ░███████████████      ▒██████████░
 █████████████         ████████████
░██████████            ████████████░
░██████                ████████████▒
░█████████████▒▒      ▒████████████▒
 ████████████████     █████████████░
 ▒████████████████    ████████████▒
  ▒████████████████▒  ████████████
   ░█████████████████ ██████████▒
     ██████████████████████████░
       ▒█████████████████████
          ░██████████████▒
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 01:21:30 AM

Thank you.

order # 200000333

not sure if that's one of the very first or not...order was placed Oct 12 2012

I did have to pay $50.91 to DHL, well specifically to Loomis Express as they were the company that did the actual delivery. I believe DHL hands off all packages intended for Canada to Loomis Express.

No, nobody called me before delivery. They just showed up. Unfortunately I was not home when they attempted the first delivery so I had to go and pick it up myself from one of their local warehouses which belonged to yet another company (Medex Shipping or something like that). Quite a hassle but hey in the end it's worth it. For batch 2 I chose EMS.

Did you ever get a tracking number?
Also how many days did it take from the time of shipping to when it showed up at the door.

Thanks
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 01:34:59 AM

At first I thought I did not, but apparently ngzhang e-mailed me the DHL tracking number but sadly it ended up being flagged by gmail as spam (go figure) so I did not notice it until much much longer after.

So those of you who are waiting please check your spam boxes and mail filters..you just may have something from the avalon team.

xempew

Activity: 45
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 01:08:59 PM

At first I thought I did not, but apparently ngzhang e-mailed me the DHL tracking number but sadly it ended up being flagged by gmail as spam (go figure) so I did not notice it until much much longer after.

So those of you who are waiting please check your spam boxes and mail filters..you just may have something from the avalon team.

allinvain,

May I ask if you could please check something on the DHL tracking number for your received Avalon shipment?-- How many days between the first "shipment information received" event and the next tracking event (presumably package pick-up)?

In Satoshi We Trust.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 01:29:25 PM

allinvain,

May I ask if you could please check something on the DHL tracking number for your received Avalon shipment?-- How many days between the first "shipment information received" event and the next tracking event (presumably package pick-up)?

3 days.

tripper22 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:50:12 PM

allinvain,

3 days.

allinvain, did it show any tracking progress or did it go from waybill created to delivered? Thanks.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: