Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:35:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Price drop] Create secure paper wallets with an Ubuntu Live USB 0.02BTC each  (Read 5819 times)
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 05:43:23 PM

If someone knows how to use ubuntu to generate addresses offline, then they know how to use the deadass simple USB installer for ubuntu and they can make their own.

That's exactly what these are for.

I offer a guide with step by step instructions showing how you can create paper wallets for people who don't know how or don't have the time/knowledge to create live USBs. I also offer a guide on how to securely create vanity Paper wallets. Something I couldn't find anywhere.

If you already know how to create paper wallets and create an Ubuntu stick then this isn't the product for you although I'm sure you're well aware of that. Nice signature.
Alright, I can respect that business model. I didn't read far enough to see that you were also offering instructions. I'm not always a cynic, I promise Tongue

EDIT: Although if you don't, you might want to add instructions on how to live-boot from the USB.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chris! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 02:17:03 PM

interested

Send me a PM and we'll work out the details.
Chris! (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 03:47:41 AM

I can do pretty much whatever Linux distribution you'd like, for example I have both a 32bit and a 64bit Linux mint 18.1 USB currently. I can also give an in depth guide for starting up a live USB (no hard drive even needed in the computer)! Mint is a little more user friendly for Windows users IMO.
K128kevin2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 07:49:31 PM

Don't trust me. In fact - don't trust anyone, ever. Scan the USB with your favourite anti-virus software. Do any other tests to make sure you're 100% safe.
Maybe you could checksum every file on the memory stick and then sign that with a PGP key so that people know that nothing has been tampered with?
Chris! (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:25:03 PM

Don't trust me. In fact - don't trust anyone, ever. Scan the USB with your favourite anti-virus software. Do any other tests to make sure you're 100% safe.
Maybe you could checksum every file on the memory stick and then sign that with a PGP key so that people know that nothing has been tampered with?

You definitely sound like you know a lot more about what you're talking about than I do. I don't have a PGP key per se but I have old bitcoin addresses that I've staked here on bitcointalk.

Any suggestions for how I could checksum every file? I've never done it before.
K128kevin2

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 09:51:24 AM

You definitely sound like you know a lot more about what you're talking about than I do. I don't have a PGP key per se but I have old bitcoin addresses that I've staked here on bitcointalk.

Yeah there's nothing stopping you signing it with a Bitcoin address instead of a PGP key.

Not sure what the best way to checksum every file on the disk would be, possibly something like

Code:
find / -type f -print0 ! -name "sums.txt" | xargs -0 sha1sum > sums.txt

After that, people can verify everything with

Code:
sha1sum -c /path/to/sums.txt

You will also need to sign sums.txt with your Bitcoin address otherwise it would be a bit worthless. Good luck Smiley
Chris! (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:42:06 AM

Yeah there's nothing stopping you signing it with a Bitcoin address instead of a PGP key.

Not sure what the best way to checksum every file on the disk would be, possibly something like

Code:

Code:

You will also need to sign sums.txt with your Bitcoin address otherwise it would be a bit worthless. Good luck Smiley

I'll try that out when I'm at a computer and sign it here. Is that code for Windows or Linux?
K128kevin2

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:51:15 AM

Code:

Code:

I'll try that out when I'm at a computer and sign it here. Is that code for Windows or Linux?

Just run it in the Terminal on Linux. It might take a while to run.
Chris! (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 01:55:51 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2017, 05:05:38 PM by Chris!

Code:

Code:

All I got with that was a whole lot of Permission Denied and Invalid Argument. It was pretty much instant because it just flew through everything and didn't have anything it was able to compute I suppose.

Edit: I have a file called MD5SUMS, is that a checksum that's useful?
K128kevin2

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 10:42:38 AM

Code:

Code:

All I got with that was a whole lot of Permission Denied and Invalid Argument. It was pretty much instant because it just flew through everything and didn't have anything it was able to compute I suppose.

Edit: I have a file called MD5SUMS, is that a checksum that's useful?

Yeah you can use md5 instead of sha1 if that's what you're asking.
Is that the hash of the iso file from the Ubuntu website? I'm not sure how somebody would verify that after you've put it onto a memory stick :/
Chris! (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 11:39:11 AM

Yeah you can use md5 instead of sha1 if that's what you're asking.
Is that the hash of the iso file from the Ubuntu website? I'm not sure how somebody would verify that after you've put it onto a memory stick :/

I have a file that was created when I made the live USB and that's the title. I wasn't sure if it was something that was already done automatically.
Chris! (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:53:19 AM

Bump!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: