Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:57:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ASIC's Should Not Be The Future Of Crypto Currencies  (Read 11041 times)
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 08:52:43 PM

Ah, gotcha. You're just making things up, like that 7x performance increase and the 2 months prior shipping date. I guess the reality is Avalon is faster and will ship sooner. Thanks for clearing that up.

This statement is not false, 66Gh/s > 60Gh/s

No, AVALON is 400w at 60 GH/s.  Ours is 60w... now, what is 400/60?  Tell everyone, please.

BFL is scheduled to ship end of November, Avalon, sometime in January.  How many days are between December 1st and January 31st?  Tell everyone please?

Now, with your answer, how many days are in a month?  Divide that by the answer you got above.  Tell everyone, please?

Are you really so stupid that you need me to hand hold you through basic math?  I had given you more credit, but I see that credit was misplaced.  

This statement is false, 66Gh/s != 60Gh/s, In addition Avalon is scheduled to ship all their units out before Jan 31st.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 09:56:24 PM

Ah, gotcha. You're just making things up, like that 7x performance increase and the 2 months prior shipping date. I guess the reality is Avalon is faster and will ship sooner. Thanks for clearing that up.

This statement is not false, 66Gh/s > 60Gh/s

That statement is false.  The statement is "Avalon is faster and will ship sooner."  Avalon will not ship sooner, therefore the statement is false.

No, AVALON is 400w at 60 GH/s.  Ours is 60w... now, what is 400/60?  Tell everyone, please.

BFL is scheduled to ship end of November, Avalon, sometime in January.  How many days are between December 1st and January 31st?  Tell everyone please?

Now, with your answer, how many days are in a month?  Divide that by the answer you got above.  Tell everyone, please?

Are you really so stupid that you need me to hand hold you through basic math?  I had given you more credit, but I see that credit was misplaced. 

This statement is false, 66Gh/s != 60Gh/s, In addition Avalon is scheduled to ship all their units out before Jan 31st.

I am sorry, you are correct.  Avalon is scheduled for 66 GH/s at 400w, my mistake.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 10:02:56 PM

How is that twisting the announcement?  That is the number they released, am I suppose to just pull numbers out of my ass?  Fine, the Avalon will use 900w and hash at 800 MH/s, hows that?  What did I twist for bASIC?  Tom still hasn't released numbers and he's suppose to ship in a couple weeks.
That is correct, both vendors have not released their final power specs yet as both don't have their final boards in their hands and it's their good right to wait until they have some real measurements and not marketing inspired guesses or a Mentor Graphics Power Aware Verification.

If you had a working final board, you would have long showed us a little video made by a neutral third party that shows a working board hooked up to a test pool and a kill-a-watt.

BFL is shipping in how many weeks to this date?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 10:15:42 PM

I have absolutely no idea what you are even trying to say.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:41:46 PM

ASIC's are just going to speed up the process of centralizing the money, and making the poor poorer and the rich richer to an even greater extent than things are already.

everyone around to hear it had a chance to pre-order

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
z12

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 01:30:24 PM

No, AVALON is 400w at 60 GH/s.  Ours is 60w... now, what is 400/60?  Tell everyone, please.

BFL is scheduled to ship end of November, Avalon, sometime in January.  How many days are between December 1st and January 31st?  Tell everyone please?

Now, with your answer, how many days are in a month?  Divide that by the answer you got above.  Tell everyone, please?

Are you really so stupid that you need me to hand hold you through basic math?  I had given you more credit, but I see that credit was misplaced. 

LOL.
Mosper

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:11:23 PM

This sure is fun to read.

Me? I'm just the cynical voice floating in the sea of unchecked optimism.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: