Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:18:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: farmboys by INNOSILICON software issues  (Read 396 times)
daveolake (OP)

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:49:05 PM

(Hi all... just a weird issue. I have 3 farmboys by INNOSILICON using a2 chips. My issue is that litecoinpool is the only pool that my miners don't crash on. they have some invalid shares but will work day and night just fine. but any other pool they will just stop ... some pools within minutes .. some in hours. pools like supernova and all others like it they also have a variable diff, and I get about 50 to 95 percent Efficiency depending on coin. I haven't been able to get much help from innosilicon. tried changing to fixed diff and changing diff on machines, tried taking machine, the one of 3 that has more invalid shares than the other 2 offline. nothing helps.... wondering why litecoinpool is different and what I could try to make others work.

The response from Litecoinpool

We don't do anything special protocol-wise, our Stratum implementation is proprietary but totally standards-compliant.
You should probably contact the operators of the pools that you have trouble with, maybe by working together you can understand where the problem lies. I've done this before for Titan miners, which used to have very serious issues due to poor early firmware versions.

My response

I am tending to think the software/ hardware via the mini router that comes with the 3 machines to run them is the problem. they don't have any linux or windows software to run them individually. they are basicly using a slightly modified version of the a2 terminator 88mh software re-written for the the routers.  I will see if another pool might be able to help.
What I would really like would be to get some coder or programer to make a windows or ras pi version of the a2 software that's in the router ( WR703N using DD-WRT) running off a usb tool as it doesn't all fit in the available space on the router. Thanks again for the info.)
I have a copy of the software used to update the usb tool on the router. if that helps anyone that could get the software for mining and recognizing the miners ported to a linux machine or windows machine... these miners work great otherwise and if I had good software I would be buying a lot more.

Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated, thanks Dave

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 09:35:13 AM

Have you tried LiteGuardian?

I've never had an issue there with my A2s (or any other miner I ever pointed at it).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
smarterhash

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 06:31:59 PM

Have you tried LiteGuardian?

I've never had an issue there with my A2s (or any other miner I ever pointed at it).

If you have Farm Boys and experienced the same problem as Daveolake - I figured out the problem after two weeks of intensive testing with 17 Farm Boys of my own and I have modified my stratum servers to handle Farm Boys.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: