Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:12:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cyprus, Spain, etc. will save us?!  (Read 2314 times)
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:51:06 PM

if bitcoin want to become a storage of wealth need to stay at same rate (maybe 5 cents up down) for years

lmfao, someone's parking on the grass.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chiropteran

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 03:54:23 PM

if bitcoin want to become a storage of wealth need to stay at same rate (maybe 5 cents up down) for years

If BTC value remains the "same" for years, within a few cents, that means it's taking a nosedive along with the dollar, AKA not preserving any wealth.  If the BTC holds a consistent real value, it's value relative to other currency MUST continue to increase.

myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 07:21:58 PM

what the fuck planet are you from, seriously.
on the planet there ppl dont take risk  let me remind you the rate for german bund http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/rates-bonds/government-bonds/germany/ all that ppl put their money in that not because they want to gain something just that they want to preserve wealth

How many people do you think are more interested in "preserving their wealth" rather than having a shot at becoming wealthy in the first place? Yeah, that would be about 1000x more at a minimum. The "best time" to convince normal people would be anytime they have a chance to get ahead, not maintain where they are.
my family is not interested in btc I did explain them btc buyed casascius coins and silver btc coins they did not want to buy in last years no interested on mining rigs even when difficulty was like 200k 

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 2106

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 07:33:29 PM

my family is not interested in btc I did explain them btc buyed casascius coins and silver btc coins they did not want to buy in last years no interested on mining rigs even when difficulty was like 200k 

I just wish someone had told me about it sooner. I guess I'd heard of it around but never looked into it. Then when I did, I picked up a GPU to do a little side mining and would have gone more all-in on that if ASIC wasn't "just around the corner" (F-you, BFL). Luckily I managed to dump a little fiat into it.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
KTE

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 07:36:52 PM

Whats the chances of shops trying out bitcoin if they have to run around putting new prices on everything hourly? "They can just display the exchange rate" doesn't cut it, if vendors can't display the prices in BTC then it will be a second class currency. For now the fluctuations are great to get interest and investment but crap as an exchange of value.

The higher the value of Bitcoin rises, the smaller relative changes in value are. At $10 000 per bitcoin a change of $10 in BTC price is 0.1% in total value. Any shop understanding this will understand that they have minimal risk in accepting bitcoin, as it is likely to go up in value, not down. So if they don't update their prices that often, they usually get extra money.

This is one of the reasons why buying BTC now is such a good thing. There's only two possible outcomes: $0 or A LOT.
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 07:37:54 PM

what the fuck planet are you from, seriously.
on the planet there ppl dont take risk  let me remind you the rate for german bund http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/rates-bonds/government-bonds/germany/ all that ppl put their money in that not because they want to gain something just that they want to preserve wealth

How many people do you think are more interested in "preserving their wealth" rather than having a shot at becoming wealthy in the first place? Yeah, that would be about 1000x more at a minimum. The "best time" to convince normal people would be anytime they have a chance to get ahead, not maintain where they are.

yeah you need to explain it to them by showing them a graph where the line goes up and say "look, up= good, ok"?

Trying to convince them of the merit of mining rigs... you might as well try and get them to invest in unicorns.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 07:41:24 PM

Trying to convince them of the merit of mining rigs... you might as well try and get them to invest in unicorns.
that was in early 2011 and i did have 25x5850 mining on that time

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: