Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:50:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to establish secure connection  (Read 585 times)
Panthers52 (OP)

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2016, 05:32:49 PM

I have been receiving the following error message when attempting to browse (and post) the forum.

The first image is the message is with chrome, and the second is with Safari, both with iOS 9.32, not using WiFi.

Both mention not being able to establish a se use connection with Chrome also saying that it received an unknown error message.

This has gone on for about two days now, about every other time I navigate to a different page. Refreshing once (sometimes more) will allow me to navigate to the page I was attempting to navigate to. It has gotten worse as of late, to the extent that it has outright prevented me from being able to post from Chrome.

I have not experienced similar issues with other sites, so I don't think it is my connection/device. Using a VPN does not fix the issue.

[im g]http://imgur.com/oe6QfST[/img][im g]http://imgur.com/xXR69JA[/img]

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2016, 08:14:56 PM

Quickseller, why do you keep posting using alts?   Undecided

Post without using TOR/proxies to "hide" your identity, and you should have no problems connecting.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12982

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 09:07:02 PM

That's often caused by a TCP RST near the start of the connection. I think it's probably a problem on your end, maybe exacerbated by some configuration on the forum's end.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
anonymoustroll420

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 10:21:31 PM

One thing that can cause this is if the date/time or timezone on your device is inaccurate. I would double check that.

Please don't stop us from using ASICBoost which we're not using
Panthers52 (OP)

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 04:50:23 PM

One thing that can cause this is if the date/time or timezone on your device is inaccurate. I would double check that.
My time zone was correct, and was set to update automatically from my carrier. I tried changing my settings so that I set the time manually and set the correct time zone, then set it back to update automatically from my carrier.

The issue seems to happen primarily when I am at work and not at my house (I usually connect to WiFi from home -- unfortunately CVS does not have WiFi); I changed the above settings while at home and now (at work) the issue has disappeared. AFAICT, my time was set correctly previously so I am not sure if this is what fixed it, if there were issues with my carrier that have since been resolved or if theymos changed some setting on his end.

I tried googling TCP RST and was generally unable to find useful information that might help determine the root cause/a possible solution.

Thanks.

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: