Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:04:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dania1990/altsinvestor - duplicate accounts, do not believe the fake hype!  (Read 775 times)
Arrakeen (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:44:58 AM

user 'altsinvestor' just created a thread asking people to buy into some random altcoin 'TRUST' (ironic), and I mistook him for another user, dania1990 - who just so happened to be the first reply in the thread (here)

trust coin is going to poloniex!!! moon
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-TRUST

User 'dania1990' has....quite similar posting style; somehow happening to know exactly what coin will be added to poloniex (because that's indicative of legitimacy) and 'confirming' the news with....a link to bittrex markets, while simultaneously recommending everyone buy in to said dead/scam coin from bittrex:

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BITZ

poloniex is adding BITZ next!!!!! , price gonna skyrocket

Look at the similarity in writing/spam style:

altsinvestor

dania1990

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on these two accounts - don't want to see anyone buy this user's worthless coins in false hope.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:49:36 AM

altsinvestor's account is still in the newbie rank so I don't think his posts will have any value for altcoin investors.
Arrakeen (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 05:11:47 AM

altsinvestor's account is still in the newbie rank so I don't think his posts will have any value for altcoin investors.

True, but even other newbies that might be looking to invest could fall for this person's scheme.  Better to shed light on such suspicious activity as early as possible, to prevent anyone from falling into such a trap Smiley
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 11:34:42 AM

True, but even other newbies that might be looking to invest could fall for this person's scheme.  Better to shed light on such suspicious activity as early as possible, to prevent anyone from falling into such a trap Smiley
Other newbies that might be looking to invest into altcoins won't be reading the scam accusation section of this forum.

It would be better to post a warning under his posts so when others read his post they would see your warning too.
Arrakeen (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:48:59 PM

Other newbies that might be looking to invest into altcoins won't be reading the scam accusation section of this forum.

It would be better to post a warning under his posts so when others read his post they would see your warning too.

Oh gotcha, sorry I misunderstood - and I've already posted a warning in the scammer's thread, created this one afterwards just to gain more exposure. Thanks for your comments by the way Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: