Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:31:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] OPAIR | Decentralized Debit Cards | OCaml | New Blockchain Platform  (Read 127594 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:57:31 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2016, 08:15:17 AM by MartiniBlanco

Hi wasserman99,

is there already something like a Twitter, Facebook, etc. Bounty?

If not and your thinking on doing so and how, here might be something.

Earn Bitcoin & Tokens liking and tweeting stuff - www.theviralexchange.com

Stratis used it during their ICO and it worked very smoothly. It could be easily carried out with opair Tokens as well.

This was Stratis announcement of it:

"TheViralExchange : Facebook, Twitter, Google + and YouTube campaign

Participants can earn Stratis daily by joining.
The more actions (likes, tweets and retweets) the more Stratis tokens you earn.
Actionable items will be added on a daily basis for participants and each item will earn you a set amount of Stratis tokens.

Valid Timeframe: June 14, 2016 until July 25, 2016

Eg: 1 completed action will be worth 10-20 Stratis tokens.

Please note TVE has advanced protections against bots/automation and attempts to game the system."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:34:09 AM

Just to make it clear:

Frank the project lead has never worked in a crypto project before and he doesn't have a BCT account meaning that he was never even remotely interested in crypto projects.

Excuse me but do you get how bad does this sound? Why would I give my precious monies to someone with no experience  Huh

This is compounded but the other devs not having accounts on here except for one person in the team? What kind of crypto team is this?
altcoinrich

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:49:45 AM

Yes, this works well during Stratis ICO, and Stratis had a successful ICO raised 915BTC in total. Their CEO is the founder of this site, therefore this may contribute to Opair ICO.   Grin Cheesy

And Opair social bounty can be earned here like Stratis Tokens.
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:13:22 AM

Already at nearly 70 BTC! well done guys. I would love to see a video interview of the Opair team  Smiley
wasserman99 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:08:04 PM

threw a little bit at it. good risk/reward in my opinion. will likely be adding to my position throughout the ICO phase as my extra funds become available. just to clarify the only bounties for this are the signature program and to participate in that i have to have a higher status. correct?

Yes, you must be at least Member.

Thanks i will take a look.

Just to make it clear:

Frank the project lead has never worked in a crypto project before and he doesn't have a BCT account meaning that he was never even remotely interested in crypto projects.

Excuse me but do you get how bad does this sound? Why would I give my precious monies to someone with no experience  Huh

This is compounded but the other devs not having accounts on here except for one person in the team? What kind of crypto team is this?

Please, read carefully our thread (this is his linkedin bio):

I´m an accomplished IT professional with vast experience in the development and delivery of IT solutions for over 20 years now. As a developer, I have known for being a strong leader with a high level of teamwork, excellent communication skills, proactive attitude & thinking outside the box mindset.

Since 2012 I have been interested in Bitcoin and, especially in the blockchain technology. Earlier this year I started working with a small team in a new decentralized solution called Opair that we will reveal shortly. In addition I am experienced in Java/Grails, PHP, Groovy/Ruby/Perl, Javascript/JQuery, C#/.Net/C++, Eclipse, HTML, SQL/PL-SQL, Flash, Haskell/OCaml and Node.js.

Also, I worked as consultant, software technology architect and product owner on a variety of projects, national and international, big and small, successfully and unsuccessfully. I am Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer for Virtualization (CCEE), Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) and Certified Scrum Developer (CSD). I have excellent research and adaptability skills. I'm highly prepared for teamwork and consider myself as a proactive and creative problem solver. I'm a speaker of German (native), English, French and Croatian (basic).

Already at nearly 70 BTC! well done guys. I would love to see a video interview of the Opair team  Smiley

Thanks!!

oHnK

Activity: 1414
Merit: 574

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:54:38 PM

Im just wondering what is actually the minimum number of bitcoin invested on this project to provide you guys with ideal financial to deliver everything that you guys promised on the OP?Obviously the larger the better however there should be atleast an ideal amount for this project somehow
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:55:04 PM

Im just wondering what is actually the minimum number of bitcoin invested on this project to provide you guys with ideal financial to deliver everything that you guys promised on the OP?Obviously the larger the better however there should be atleast an ideal amount for this project somehow

They mentioned previously that their goal was 700 BTC.
tinaken_v

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 04:10:20 PM

ICO looking very strong here

wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 04:38:22 PM

To be honest we do not have a specified amount but we believe that, at least, 700 BTC would need to put together. From then on, all collected serve to optimize, accelerate, hire more people, marketing, legal costs, go to more events and create a division that works as an incubator (as we said in our first post: "When we have enough founds, we would like to use some of them to create a division that will work as an incubator to relevant projects (can be IoT related works, DAO, Dapps, frameworks and so on) in the ecosystem we aim to create in Opair."). We believe it is a realistic goal to achieve and we are optimistic about this.

AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 06:04:46 PM

I don't mean to be a Debbie downer, but lofty plans and devs that aren't even on bitcointalk just screams "run away" to me.

The excuse that the developers "don't have accounts" is absolutele nonsense. Yeah, it's probably too much work to create an account if you expect $400.000+ in crowdfunding of something that doesn't exist yet.

I'll be sitting this one out til there is WAY more info. I also despise the "first day bonus" BS that always is designed to milk people out of early money.

Feel free to address this.

FOR RENT.
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:12:02 PM

I don't mean to be a Debbie downer, but lofty plans and devs that aren't even on bitcointalk just screams "run away" to me.

The excuse that the developers "don't have accounts" is absolutele nonsense. Yeah, it's probably too much work to create an account if you expect $400.000+ in crowdfunding of something that doesn't exist yet.

I'll be sitting this one out til there is WAY more info. I also despise the "first day bonus" BS that always is designed to milk people out of early money.

Feel free to address this.

The developers might not have previously created accounts, but I agree that they might aswell start an account so they could communicate with us. there's a typo in the title, btw.
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:20:40 PM

The main reason I have yet to participate in the ICO is that, the developers are not retaining any OPAIR.  They are keeping 100% btc which makes me wonder where the incentive is for them to make this project a success.  Another thing is, the project can be manipulated by having no developments/updates and once the price drops below ICO, dev's will start accumulating OPAIR with the btc that was invested.  
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:45:38 PM

The main reason I have yet to participate in the ICO is that, the developers are not retaining any OPAIR.  They are keeping 100% btc which makes me wonder where the incentive is for them to make this project a success.  Another thing is, the project can be manipulated by having no developments/updates and once the price drops below ICO, dev's will start accumulating OPAIR with the btc that was invested.  

Or simply reinvest BTC from the ICO into Opair, balloon the ICO value and pump and dump.

"So much room for possibly nefarious activities!"

FOR RENT.
wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:33:21 PM

It is not about they not having an account on the forum. It is the other way around, they have an account and that is mine, I am the Marketing Director of the team. This is my job, not theirs. Still, I asked Frank to release a message on the forum today or tomorrow.

trademark
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:40:22 PM

Or simply reinvest BTC from the ICO into Opair, balloon the ICO value and pump and dump.

Do either of you - @AltcoinScamfinder and @trademark - have any idea how stupid and brainwashed you sound? Read the FULL proposal they are making and follow the questions asked in this thread and absorb the replies those questions get. After that take a deep breath, relax and maybe take a few math classes and/or ask your economics teacher about the reasonability of this proposal (ICO) - Not sure what you are whining about and why or what you try to achieve but your conspiracy theories don't make any sense no matter how I try to twist and turn it.   

STFU dude.  Do you just throw money into stuff without finding out what you're really investing in.  What was stupid about my post?  Dev's aren't holding any Opair, so their 700btc will always be 700btc.  So what is the incentive of making Opair a success?  Simple as that.  My post was directed to the dev, not to your stupid ass that probably invested quite a bit and my post was threatening to your investment.  My intention is not to FUD, I was just getting answers before I invest or not.  BTW, don't worry about my math background, I'm sure it's much higher than yours.   Wink
BasementRot

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:45:58 PM

Do either of you - @AltcoinScamfinder and @trademark - have any idea how stupid and brainwashed you sound? Read the FULL proposal they are making and follow the questions asked in this thread and absorb the replies those questions get. After that take a deep breath, relax and maybe take a few math classes and/or ask your economics teacher about the reasonability of this proposal (ICO) - Not sure what you are whining about and why or what you try to achieve but your conspiracy theories don't make any sense no matter how I try to twist and turn it.   

STFU dude.  Do you just throw money into stuff without finding out what you're really investing in.  What was stupid about my post?  Dev's aren't holding any Opair, so their 700btc will always be 700btc.  So what is the incentive of making Opair a success?  Simple as that.  My post was directed to the dev, not to your stupid ass that probably invested quite a bit and my post was threatening to your investment.  My intention is not to FUD, I was just getting answers before I invest or not.  BTW, don't worry about my math background, I'm sure it's much higher than yours.   Wink

They already said that they will buy their stake with ICO money after the ICO ends...
trademark
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:00:30 PM

They already said that they will buy their stake with ICO money after the ICO ends...

Thanks.  Can you quote the post that they said that?  All I see is the below but no mention of buying Opair. 

To be honest we do not have a specified amount but we believe that, at least, 700 BTC would need to put together. From then on, all collected serve to optimize, accelerate, hire more people, marketing, legal costs, go to more events and create a division that works as an incubator (as we said in our first post: "When we have enough founds, we would like to use some of them to create a division that will work as an incubator to relevant projects (can be IoT related works, DAO, Dapps, frameworks and so on) in the ecosystem we aim to create in Opair."). We believe it is a realistic goal to achieve and we are optimistic about this.
wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:06:01 PM

The main reason I have yet to participate in the ICO is that, the developers are not retaining any OPAIR.  They are keeping 100% btc which makes me wonder where the incentive is for them to make this project a success.  Another thing is, the project can be manipulated by having no developments/updates and once the price drops below ICO, dev's will start accumulating OPAIR with the btc that was invested. 

Thanks.  Can you quote the post that they said that?  All I see is the below but no mention of buying Opair. 

Trademark, you can read about that point here:

Hmmm, I'm not too sure why so many people have a problem with devs holding a share of their coin. I agree that it's hard to determine the right amount, but in the end, it gives the devs an incentive to keep working on their coin.

Here is an idea I had regarding dev shares:
There is one ICO in the beginning. The devs keep a relatively big share of the coins, but they are locked by a contract and are sold in not one big, but in multiple following COs*. When this COs will happen is determined before the first ICO, ideally, the coins are either generated at fixed block heights or are locked by smart contracts and released at fixed block heights.

My reasoning behind this is as follows:
1.: It will keep the devs invested, since successful development would increase the amounts collected in the following COs.
2.: Since the releases are fixed, the market can adjust.
(I had additional points, but I'm too tired to articulate them…)

Obviously, the amounts and points in time when those releases are happening need to be determined carefully.

Thoughts?

*Since ICO means "Initial Coin Offering", the others are just "Coin Offernings" Smiley

Ttook, we do not need the premine incentive. Obviously we will have a % of the project, but do not get by premine/bounty dev or buying at the stage of ICO (because it would be fraud). When the ICO ends, we will invest a percentage of what we got in the ICO and our own money to buy our stakes.

trademark
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:18:18 PM

Thanks for the reply wasserman99.  Not sure if this is a wise decision since the price could be sky high and would cut into the funds needed for development and marketing.  Also, the % is not clear.  Is it 1%, 10% of the ICO or more?  This does matter and should be stated in the OP.  Anyways, good luck with the project.   
wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:21:48 PM

Thanks for the reply wasserman99.  Not sure if this is a wise decision since the price could be sky high and would cut into the funds needed for development and marketing.  Also, the % is not clear.  Is it 1%, 10% of the ICO or more?  This does matter and should be stated in the OP.  Anyways, good luck with the project.   

Yes you're right, I've added this information to the OP. We do not know how much, it depends on the total amount received. First and foremost we must ensure an amount to develop our project.

By the way, you're welcome anytime.

Regards

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: