Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:49:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What value does Bitcoin bring to you?  (Read 10812 times)
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:45:51 AM

I don't know why i use Bitcoin other than FIAT currencies i think because here in our country bitcoin is famous but not really famous all over the cities but I do prefer it because that was my first FIAT money to get online and it's not easy to get it although it's little but you can get it Smiley

Bitcoin prices now a days is too high so yes it does it matter for me Cheesy if you have a lot of btc in your wallet and the bitcoin increases then its really nice Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coin_gambler

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:01:22 AM

For me, anonymity, reliabillity and no big corps making profit on me just spending my hard earned money.

To hell with the banking systems around the globe bringing nothing but pain and misery to the common people.
i also really like the anonymity of bitcoins, to be honest i think they give me a great chance of using my bitcoins safely without providing any of my details

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:08:28 AM

One thing that I prefer to use bitcoin is that i dont need to pay any monthly fee like the local bank charges even when i dont use it or if i have not any money there, easy to use easy to make transfers easy to buy and trade into altcoins etc
outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:11:03 AM

When bitcoin becomes more mainstream, it can be a method of payment or a way to send money quickly to anywhere. It is also a way to hold money on a safe place out of the hands of a bank. Right now though, it is an investment to me.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:18:53 AM

When bitcoin becomes more mainstream, it can be a method of payment or a way to send money quickly to anywhere. It is also a way to hold money on a safe place out of the hands of a bank. Right now though, it is an investment to me.
Since a lot of websites updating their one of the payment methods besides paypal to bitcoin,isn't it an indication that its already "main-stream" ? Take GitHub devs for example,most of the open source good software projects have shifted their donation base to bitcoin only.Frankly,depends on the place where you live.While you talk a around in Switzerland or Japan you will have options to use your bitcoins on the streets while no trace of bitcoins would be around other Asian countries.
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 12:07:01 PM

For me, anonymity, reliabillity and no big corps making profit on me just spending my hard earned money.

To hell with the banking systems around the globe bringing nothing but pain and misery to the common people.

Bitcoin for me is a life saver, a superhero who comes to my aid when I am in financial distress.

I only earned half of the monetary need that my family needs that my salary can provide. It means that I am financially short.

Bitcoins have lead many companies and site to open online. And two or three if those sites are my source if bitcoins. From zero to hundreds of dollars I rise from shortage and had provided my shortage with the help of bitcoins.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 12:18:09 PM

I am purchasing and investing my bitcoins into my projects and some things i need, soo this is the money i have to spend online, without affect my budget at home, this is the income i can use as i wanna, and sometimes exchange a bit of it to fiat. Bitcoin is making my dream come true on the short period, something i never wanna,now i wanna and i can make.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5918

Meh.

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 12:45:55 PM

i also really like the anonymity of bitcoins, to be honest i think they give me a great chance of using my bitcoins safely without providing any of my details

Exactly, key part right there

prashant bhoj

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 12:56:03 PM

Its good to see myself back on this forum.
It was bcz of btc which helped me to pay my tution fee. Grin
Btc act as a innovative method to take digital currency to a new heights.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 01:00:05 PM

Bitcoin for me is a life saver, a superhero who comes to my aid when I am in financial distress.

I only earned half of the monetary need that my family needs that my salary can provide. It means that I am financially short.

Bitcoins have lead many companies and site to open online. And two or three if those sites are my source if bitcoins. From zero to hundreds of dollars I rise from shortage and had provided my shortage with the help of bitcoins.

Pretty much in the same boat as you mate. Hopefully, in a not to distant future we'll only have crypto.

digitalcoinstore

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 06:37:00 PM

This is a great question! The value that Bitcoin brings is

- freedom from banks and their poor customer service, exploitation of customers via excessive fees, rubbish change rates, slow turnaround times, badly trained staff, lack of flexibility, ability to strangle businesses, fat cat salaries...the list goes on, the vast majority of consumer banks are simply not fit for purpose, or worse, insolvent but still trading.

- complete personal control over funds - no reliance on a centralised point that can confiscate the funds without proper reason

- ability to trade it as the value fluctuates so speculative gains can be obtained

- ability to use it to buy goods and services ANYWHERE in the universe (as long as the recipient has a wallet address lol)

- ability to sell good/services much more easily. The whole payment acceptance phase can be streamlined with little/negligible cost

- restriction of supply: the number of coins is fixed, no more printing money!

Overall, I would say Bitcoin is FREEDOM
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:06:04 PM

One specific value that Bitcoin bring to me personally, is that I can play online poker and instantly deposit and withdraw my funds easily from any bitcoin poker site. Instant withdrawals are not possible with fiat poker sites. Not only that, but with bitcoin poker sites, at least the ones I play on, do not require ID/address/bank account verification as other fiat poker sites do.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:29:01 PM

So much misconception here. Bitcoin is not anonymous, it is pseudo anonymous at best since there are no gatekeepers in the network.
This property is lost when you use satellite services for example when you are obtaining bitcoins through exchanges.
Bitcoin's blockchain shows all the transaction that have been made and will be there forever, anyone can see them.
Some of these transactions have leaked their IP, which can be seen when searching for addresses on blockchain's explorers.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:31:37 PM

So much misconception here. Bitcoin is not anonymous, it is pseudo anonymous at best since there are no gatekeepers in the network.
This property is lost when you use satellite services for example - exchanges.
Bitcoin's blockchain shows all the transaction that have been made and will be there forever, anyone can see them.
Some of these transactions have leaked their IP, which can be seen when searching for addresses on blockchain's explorers.

But it will not show what I bought. That's what matters to me.

Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:45:30 PM

yeah, banks really do provide pain and nothing more, I am facing a lot of issues every time when I do transact my money through bank, while bitcoin is a more convenient way for me to transact my money.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:04:20 PM

This property is lost when you use satellite services for example - exchanges.

But it will not show what I bought. That's what matters to me.
When you are using online shop, exchange or any type of service when you need to provide your personal information i.e ID and address.
Then potentially your bitcoin purchases can be linked with your account in the same way credit card or PayPal.

yeah, banks really do provide pain and nothing more, I am facing a lot of issues every time when I do transact my money through bank, while bitcoin is a more convenient way for me to transact my money.
In our current reality, on early level of bitcoin adoption, you almost cannot use bitcoin alone like it meant to be used in direct p2p environment.
You need to use services like exchanges and banks to convert BTC to FIAT to fully utilize it.

And I think we need banking services - we don't need banks.
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:38:44 PM

BTC to me is another asset, like gold. However as it is built like a currency, being able to transact and stuff, I think of it as somewhere in between gold and fiat. But online  Cool

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
airsounds

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:01:24 PM

those are the things i like the most too, i think bitcoin is really great at providing anonymity, besides that you can spend it whenever you want and how much you want

martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:19:19 PM

I love technology and BTC is the best in terms of E-Currency. Well, I personally prefer BTC because it's way more transparent and fast method to route currencies..Smiley

Everyone is their own bank with no restrictions and unlimited spending limit..Tongue

Actually, we don't need to persuade anybody into using this technology, we simply need to explain them what BTC is actually and they will start using it themselves in no time..Cheesy
The only thing that Bitcoin brings me is money and that is the reason that I am here for.
I am here to make some extra money with Bitcoin next to my day job.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:21:19 PM

I use bitcoin alongside fiat. Because fiat it seems is easier to use in real life, but online, bitcoin is easier. Cash transfers take too long, have chargeback issues, or simply aren't as convenient.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: