Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:04:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin bubble crash @ 100$ Summer of 2013?  (Read 9184 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:56:41 PM

Anyways these are numbers pulled out of my ass
As are all the numbers on this board.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:57:48 PM

Yes, and also .. despite what many will have you believe in this forum.... the market doesn't rise and fall "because of charts". Charts don't help you predict future events that alter Bitcoin fundamentals.

There is a fundamental catalyst for all market changes. That catalyst is not "the charts showed a similar pattern before".

mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:58:47 PM

Yes, and also .. despite what many will have you believe in this forum.... the market doesn't rise and fall "because of charts". Charts don't help you predict future events that alter Bitcoin fundamentals.

There is a fundamental catalyst for all market changes. That catalyst is not "the charts showed a similar pattern before".

BitPirate is a smart fella Smiley

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
gollum (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:05:55 PM

Statistically speaking bitcoin should cost anywhere between 20$ and 150$ this year because of its history of high volatility - and between 500 and 1000$ within a couple of years if it really becomes a paypal-killer for small transactions.

I try to not have opinions when analyzing stock market or any market, but instead look more at the numbers. Regardless of what happens to the price of BitCoin I will stay long, but if we get a sudden dip of 30-50-80% I will of course buy the dip and add to my investment for the longer term.
gollum (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:10:25 PM

There are people making millions of dollars reading the chart using technical analysis. Bitcoin is of course more of a wild-west and the information you get from bitCoin is much less statistical reliable than EurUsd. But still you get some clue when you see tha chart go up like a hocky-stick... a crash is inevitable - but who knows from which level?
BitPirate

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:17:40 PM

There are people making millions of dollars reading the chart using technical analysis. Bitcoin is of course more of a wild-west and the information you get from bitCoin is much less statistical reliable than EurUsd. But still you get some clue when you see tha chart go up like a hocky-stick... a crash is inevitable - but who knows from which level?

They're making millions of dollars by not day-trading at all as far as I can tell.

Market-changing events are determined by events, not statistics.

Also... consider... "your baby is growing really fast... a crash is inevitable". The "inevitable" logic only applies in a mature market, not a nascent one.

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:02:06 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2013, 12:21:22 AM by johnyj

Actually I'm worrying about this summer the fiat money system will run into big trouble, where they could no longer solve the economy problem with more and more money printing and higher and higher debt, the break of confidence at top level is just a matter of time

If that happened, the price of bitcoin will be just like bankers add new money with lots of 0s

Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:20:21 AM

If history repeats itself Bitcoin might make a parabolic rally up in the sky and make an ATH at 100$ for a day and crash 80% in the summer of 2013.

Bitcoin crashed 95% summer of 2011 so I am generous when saying that 80% crash should be enough - and we will be back at 20$.

The early ASIC-miners got a huge profit now and it seems that they just hord everything they mine, so when they begin to sell the chain reaction will give us a bottom to levels before  the 2013-rally started.

What do you think?

If we repeat 2011 ( 0.01 ... 32 ) then $12 * 3,200 = $38,400 and back ( from 32 to 2 ) $38,400 / 16 = $2,400 ... ( but there are 1,000,000,000,... other possible scenarios :-) )
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 01:23:55 AM

You are here

I will laugh when you are here

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:21:31 AM

If history repeats itself Bitcoin might make a parabolic rally up in the sky and make an ATH at 100$ for a day and crash 80% in the summer of 2013.

Bitcoin crashed 95% summer of 2011 so I am generous when saying that 80% crash should be enough - and we will be back at 20$.

The early ASIC-miners got a huge profit now and it seems that they just hord everything they mine, so when they begin to sell the chain reaction will give us a bottom to levels before  the 2013-rally started.

What do you think?

Yep, but we're probably at the ATH right now-ish.

Great proudhon call bear again, get ready for another 10% spike up soon Smiley
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:35:48 AM

You are here

I will buy.

Then, later, I will laugh.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
DoomDumas
Legendary

Bitcoin

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:39:23 AM

quick question, what do you mean "Bitcoin might make a parabolic rally up" might? that ship has sailed  Grin

Worst chart ever.. Look at it in log scale and on a full horizontal lenght, not this cheated chart !

THIS is a more realistic chart :

DoomDumas
Legendary

Bitcoin

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:41:49 AM

This one very interresting too,... very bullish !

catcow

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:56:24 AM

newbie question: what does ATH stand for?
BitPirate

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:58:42 AM

newbie question: what does ATH stand for?

All-time High

coined

Activity: 174

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:10:48 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2013, 04:39:56 AM by coined

Worst chart ever.. Look at it in log scale and on a full horizontal lenght, not this cheated chart !

log chart or not it's the same data. would you prefer to close your eyes to the real situation? you think log scale viewing stops it being bubble? people switched to log after the first exponential growth to 32, to make it easier to see. but it doesn't stop the reality of it clearly being a bubble.

My main plan is trying not be caught out at the top, but none of us can guarantee that, when a large holder cashes out and starts the reversal.. we are all small fish.

BitPirate

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:23:07 AM

log chart or not it's the same data. would you prefer to close your eyes to the real situation? you think log scale viewing stops it being bubble? people switched to log after the first exponential growth to 32, to make it easier to see. but it doesn't stop the reality of it clearly being a bubble.

My main plan is trying not be caught out at the top, but none of us can guarantee that, when a large holder cashes out and starts the reversal.. we are all small fish.

The chart doesn't prove shit... log scale or not.

In many respects the log chart is more useful, as the user base is growing almost exponentially. The aim is to make some variables static. Total exposure to a crash per user is more useful than total total market price, if you're trying to figure out investors' appetite for continued high prices.

"reality of it clearly being a bubble"Huh No chart shows that. They just show the price against time. Don't be fooled!

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:24:00 AM

The reason all of the previous bubbles burst:

1. Increased supply entering the market later when demand has been fulfilled
2. FED tighten the money supply

For bitcoin, non of these prerequisites exist.
1 is not possible in nearest 4 years
2 is not possible before 2015

And even FED tightens, it might not have any effect, since other currencies will chase bitcoin anyway

Sage

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:28:40 AM

You are here

Love the graphic.  Could not agree more with it.

Right now, I see the excitement phase bordering on euphoria in the Bitcoin community.  Which would have me nervous if we here were the only investors.

Market psychology is always the first thing I look at.

BUT...

Outside the Bitcoin community we are seeing the opposite.  Pessimism, fear, doubt.

IF...

Only current Bitcoin users are investing I would be calling a bubble right now.  

BUT...

Since new investors outside the Bitcoin community are entering just now, that changes the overall psychology of the market.

You have to ask yourself, what is the true utility value of Bitcoin above everything else?  What is its potential utility value?  And what is the overall market psychology right now that is driving the current price? (Not the psychology of a little niche in the market, but the overall psychology of investors, and those entering the market).

Getting those answers right is going to be the key to buying at the right times over the next few years.

My 2 cents.

Cheers

myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:31:13 AM

Since new investors outside the Bitcoin community are entering just now
do you have any proof whit numbers and dates ?

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: