Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:29:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Merchants Increasing  (Read 944 times)
bb113 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:26:21 PM

There is an old thread around here somewhere about this but I didn't feel like digging it up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:28:40 PM

I would say it isn't as much the quantity of merchants increasing over time at the moment, but rather the quality.
Fewer people selling leftover cheetos from their belly-button, more wordpresses and bitcoinstore.com's.
lukestokes

Activity: 165
Merit: 102

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 07:31:30 PM

I'm all about this. Hopefully more will use FoxyCart.com in the future. Smiley

We now not only support Bitcoin via Bitpay, but we accept it ourselves as payment as well. Our 1.1 beta version will probably go live next week.

If someone's interested in setting up an ecommerce store, please keep us in mind. I'm going to be so stoked the first time someone pays for a store with BTC.

http://www.foxycart.com: Helping developers create flexible, powerful, custom ecommerce in less time, while equipping merchants with the fastest checkout flow available to their customers. 60+ payment gateways, including Bitpay. Bitrated user: lukestokes.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:35:16 PM

We now not only support Bitcoin via Bitpay, but we accept it ourselves as payment as well. Our 1.1 beta version will probably go live next week.

If someone's interested in setting up an ecommerce store, please keep us in mind. I'm going to be so stoked the first time someone pays for a store with BTC.

I think it will take a lot of critical mass (lots of people into bitcoin) for bitcoin to be truly worth their time/effort for a lot of stores, but we are getting there.  Certain niches are filling up nicely already.
bb113 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:37:54 PM

Well then, add yourself to the page:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade

BTW I don't know who runs the wiki but it loads very slow for me. That may have been because I downloaded every page in the history and they throttled me though.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:40:13 PM

BTW I don't know who runs the wiki but it loads very slow for me. That may have been because I downloaded every page in the history and they throttled me though.

Its really slow for me as well.
lukestokes

Activity: 165
Merit: 102

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 12:54:20 AM

Well then, add yourself to the page:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade

Funny you should mention that, I just tasked one of our team members to do that today. I like how the wiki requires a small donation to cut down on spam. We should be listed in the shopping cart section after the weekend.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

http://www.foxycart.com: Helping developers create flexible, powerful, custom ecommerce in less time, while equipping merchants with the fastest checkout flow available to their customers. 60+ payment gateways, including Bitpay. Bitrated user: lukestokes.
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 02:29:07 AM

The best part about bitcoin, as a merchant, is that it cost no ongoing fees.

I setup to accept bitcoin payments (in addition to traditional payment methods) at soccershirtsonline.com, bitcoin addresses at randomly assigned to orders from a list of 500 recycling Electrum addresses.  Exchange rate is calculated at checkout.

I have yet to receive a single bitcoin order, but it costs me nothing to keep the bitcoin option there; as such for any merchants in a similar position to myself, there is no reason to remove the bitcoin option.

Compared to a lot of good ideas that require a critic mass; but if they don't reach that mass quickly enough people start to lose interest, the idea fades away and never reaches critic mass.  With accepting bitcoin payments I can't loss interested, because it does not require my continued interest to keep the option there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: