Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2017, 06:24:21 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin - A Tradeable Carbon Credit Ecosystem  (Read 48886 times)
biodieselchris

Activity: 547

GreenCoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 05:29:23 PM

Lol, people never cease to amaze in crypto.  I see somebody's momma never taught them....if ya ain't got nothing nice to say.

Definitely some great points made by digi!

Agree the coin has been hurting for more producer sign ups for a long time, hope the plans and changes in the process help get that kicking again Chris.  Wish more people would have taken notice in this project long ago, seems like the small interest has made is difficult to keep talent around to handle some of the technical development.  You're a man with a BIG dream here brother, but def need the developer on board to match that enthusiasm.

Hey Jim, happy tidings brother. Thanks for being a big support all these years now Grin We've got the Big Dog Dev on board now, see a few posts back where I posted the new portal screenshot.

Timeline:
Portal launch: End of February
Full launch: Mid March
  • The portal launch is to simplify the sign-up process and substantially upgrade the personal homepage and user experience. It may include automatic meter readings for those that have online systems with APIs.
  • Full launch is integration with a 3rd party company that acts as an online wallet and carbon education ownership benefit home base. Non-producers can sign up here and early on it'll also have a faucet so new users can have a taste of what owning coins (carbon!) feels like and what it means. This also helps side-steps a lot of the growth issues we have that people simply will not interact with the wallet client, which is admittedly hard to use and "techie."

Disclaimer:
I'm buying a few coins to up my % at the exchange now, for full disclosure (note, I personally am not, and never have in the past, selling or sold any coins).

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. Hybrid server-assisted clients like Electrum get a lot of their network information from centralized servers, but they also check the server's results using blockchain header data. This is perhaps somewhat more secure than either server-assisted clients or header-only clients.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
allcoinminer

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:11:02 PM

Lol, people never cease to amaze in crypto.  I see somebody's momma never taught them....if ya ain't got nothing nice to say.

Agree the coin has been hurting for more producer sign ups for a long time, hope the plans and changes in the process help get that kicking again Chris.  Wish more people would have taken notice in this project long ago, seems like the small interest has made is difficult to keep talent around to handle some of the technical development.  You're a man with a BIG dream here brother, but def need the developer on board to match that enthusiasm.

Hey Jim, happy tidings brother. Thanks for being a big support all these years now Grin We've got the Big Dog Dev on board now, see a few posts back where I posted the new portal screenshot.

Timeline:
  • The portal launch is to simplify the sign-up process and substantially upgrade the personal homepage and user experience. It may include automatic meter readings for those that have online systems with APIs.
  • Full launch is integration with a 3rd party company that acts as an online wallet and carbon education ownership benefit home base. Non-producers can sign up here and early on it'll also have a faucet so new users can have a taste of what owning coins (carbon!) feels like and what it means. This also helps side-steps a lot of the growth issues we have that people simply will not interact with the wallet client, which is admittedly hard to use and "techie."

Disclaimer:
I'm buying a few coins to up my % at the exchange now, for full disclosure (note, I personally am not, and never have in the past, selling or sold any coins).

"Full launch is integration with a 3rd party company that acts as an online wallet and carbon education ownership benefit home base."
This is a great news!

IMJim

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 08:36:23 PM

Timeline:

Disclaimer:

SAWEEET music to my ears....awesome news man!  Especially the big dog dev...yay:-)

Ya man, I haven' had much time for crypto the past couple years but I kept the faith brother one day your vision with all of this would see the light.  Still the 1st "supporter" of Green and will be there with the last of em!
biodieselchris

GreenCoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 03:54:27 PM

I noticed there's a fair amount of trading volume on Yobit recently:
https://yobit.net/en/trade/GRE/BTC

IMPORTANT NOTE: YOBIT DOES NOT HAVE DEPOSITS ENABLED.
Therefore, it is an artificially small GRE market due to the fact that traders can only trade the coins that already exist on deposit with the site.

Despite repeated requests to simply update the source code Yobit has never responded. The only known market for GRE is currently here:
https://www.coinexchange.io/market/GREV2/BTC

cryptodv

Activity: 364

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 10:28:09 PM

I like this project, the only thing I have a problem with is the coin supply. 50-100 million would be ideal.  Wink

biodieselchris

GreenCoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 05:43:13 AM

I like this project, the only thing I have a problem with is the coin supply. 50-100 million would be ideal.  Wink
simply think about it as trading in 1M coin blocks. For example, currently there's ~100M GRE being offered for 1 satoshi at coinexchange.

So 1 BTC = 100M GRE, 10 mBTC = 1M GRE, etc...

It's sort of funny (in a sad way) that after 2.5 years the entire ecosystem is barely worth $27k. It would be really funny if the idea ever ended up taking off and growing. You never know

Digithusiast

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 11:02:48 AM

Forgive me for repeating myself, but please limit the new coin production as soon as possible.
It can not be that complicated or expensive to have the code changed into creating 4 coins instead of 4,000 coins per stake?
And at the same time divide the current total coin amount by 1,000 (or divide by 100 if you prefer to keep more coins available)?
It is the only way to give GreenCoin a fair chance to take off and start growing.

Digithusiast

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 02:43:25 PM

Is the planning for Portal launch: End of February still on?

It would be much better if all GreenCoin supporters and holders would restrain from offering and selling GreenCoin for less than 10 sat.
If you look at https://www.coinexchange.io/market/GREV2/BTC there have been no trades for 10 days, eventhough some are offering GreenCoin for only 1 sat.
Better for the future of GreenCoin to up everything and hold the bottom salesline at 10 sat.
allcoinminer

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:06:51 AM

Digithusiast your inputs are valuable. I seconds.

biodieselchris

GreenCoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 12:16:45 AM

it's coming along guys. hopefully soon.

cryptodv

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 12:45:50 AM

Please more frequent updates, at least once a week dev. Thanks though.

biodieselchris

GreenCoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 11:55:14 PM

"Weekly" update:  Wink

1) Got the mac wallet compiled back from a BCT forum user. You can download from our Resources page.
MD5 hash: 8545a242acfd5315efa888bc0d876353

2) A couple of us attended a local area carbon reduction meetup. I introduced GreenCoin briefly and got some fresh interest from a new group of folks, so that felt good and gave me a renewed sense of imperative. We even got one more producer ... woo-hoo! That's 20 now! (but only about 10-12 active, unfortunately). I've been invited to give a formal presentation at the group next month, so we are working on a powerpoint deck narrative for this event. We'll probably post this to the website as well so it can be shared with others.

3) The web developer was in attendance as well, and I think this event helped show him there's some interest out there in the concept and mechanism overall. This may help to speed up the deployment of the coming Producer portal and easier new user sign-up process, which we agreed would definitely be good to have by the next meeting (early April).

IMJim

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:06:12 PM

1) Got the mac wallet compiled back from a BCT forum user. You can download from our Resources page.

2) A couple of us attended a local area carbon reduction meetup. I introduced GreenCoin briefly and got some fresh interest from a new group of folks, so that felt good and gave me a renewed sense of imperative. We even got one more producer ... woo-hoo! That's 20 now! (but only about 10-12 active, unfortunately). I've been invited to give a formal presentation at the group next month, so we are working on a powerpoint deck narrative for this event. We'll probably post this to the website as well so it can be shared with others.

3) The web developer was in attendance as well, and I think this event helped show him there's some interest out there in the concept and mechanism overall. This may help to speed up the deployment of the coming Producer portal and easier new user sign-up process, which we agreed would definitely be good to have by the next meeting (early April).

Good stuff Chris...hope things working out well with new dev bud!
cryptodv

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2017, 09:11:40 PM

Thanks for the update.

biodieselchris

GreenCoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
Today at 04:16:22 AM

If you guys want to see trading on more than just coinexchange.io, please ping Yobit.net and ask them to perform the wallet maintenance. As far as I know, all they need to do is simply recompile the wallet with the recent fix (from the end of the year). I've pinged them a few times but they don't respond. If you post in this forum that you've pinged them and asked for this, they may also read the thread (it's asked for in their coin support request).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.