Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:02:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 810
Merit: 500

https://ironx.io IRONX

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 01:49:24 AM

I must have missed something.  Went to bed and work and came home.  What did I miss to cause the price to go this far up?   Don't get me wrong I don't mind at all.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 02:14:22 AM

any news on person hacked the DAO?

I'll go out on a limb here and say he/she probably wants to remain anonymous

I'm pretty sure mrbumpertits is the hacker. Brimming with intelligence and charisma.

http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-vitalik-buterin-classic-blockchain/
Further, Buterin encouraged the Ethereum Classic team to execute an additional hard fork that would guard its blockchain from ‘replay attacks’ by moving classic ethers, or the currency units on the alternative blockchain, to new accounts.

So etc got a choice,
fork to avoid replay attacks but if they do another chain will be created...the current etc chain will still be active and i will keep it alive and rename it etcf and get free etcf to match my etc balance  Shocked

if they dont fork then they will suffer loss of funds and no dapps ever  Cool

Case in point. So ETC should fix what Vitalik failed to do, i.e. a clean replay-proof fork? Why don't you have another vote and fork ETH once again. Better for everyone.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 02:15:55 AM

In my opinion the coin will growing up and will there are people who use it for instrument of Investment. Although it is new coin it will become big coin because of failed dao.
tecnically, ETC is the old one and ETH is the new coin...

For all those that claim etc is real chain blah blah, that is wrong.

The Ethereum is still in development and will fork many more times as updates and fixes are added.

People buy Ethereum because of the dev team, the dev team is around midway to completing the Ethereum project.

Once the devs finish you will get a complete version of Ethereum only as ETH, Vitailk said today they are only developing for the ETH chain.

In other words Vitalik and everyone lied and ETH was never safe... Gotcha... 

I really wish you would hurry up and sell your massive hoard of ETC and old cold ETH and push down the price of ETC.  Can you get a few of your "forked" friends to join in also?  I mean I really need you to push the price of ETC down a LOT.  I really am looking for a great buying opportunity and if you can scare enough people with your nonsense and selling pressure then maybe some of us can build a nice stash before your staying power to depress prices vanishes...

You see if Vitalik and the foundation was lying about the safety of ETH pre-fork then you really can't trust anything they say now can you?  I mean that entire time you were  :Pand they were telling you it was safe as long as it wasn't in the DAO... HMMMM

So I am waiting, let me know when you start your whale push to crush ETC.  I have my buy ETC ready to roll as soon as you get it done...

You think those DEV's aren't going to jump ship to whatever chain has the support???  LOL
im in no need or hurry to sell,lol holdin that precious ETH is the reason i got me alot of free etc shitcoin, so thanks to all.
As for whale crush,lol i told everyone here 12hours ago, buy as walls are moving up...now tell me how many times did i say that here before?
The best way to deal with trolls is make them buy and hold heavy bags..the heavier the better  Tongue 

Nah, I don't want anyone to buy something that is obviously morally compromised like ETC.  I would prefer to have you help me get some cheap coin.  That way you have the moral obligation lifted off your back of telling me how bad ETC is at the same time helping me to realize my goal of obtaining more ETC.   So it is a win-win really.  You can have what you want, I can have what I want and besides you will feel so much better having that burden lifted from your shoulders.

You can stockpile that ETH to your hearts content with all that free ETC you just cashed out and for those of us that want ETC we can pick some up cheap so that we can hand it to the evil Hacker, in a replay attack while under a 51% attack, and without any hope of ever seeing a dapp or smart contract ever for ETC that I no longer have because I was ripped off...  

I heard somewhere that if you own ETC you will get fleas, the zika virus, HIV, your bank account will be robbed, your spouse will cheat on you, and your genitals will fall off...  

So far it all seems to be true.   I will be in the market as soon as I take some profits from ETC for a prosthetic penis since mine fell off shortly after Polo gave me some free ETC.  So I am just trying to save you here.  Nobody warned me in time so here I am, and I think I just saw a flea crawling up my leg...  So as a humanitarian I am just trying to save you from the horrors of owning ETC.   Consider it my good deed of the year.   Grin

It really is a shame that Vitalik and the Foundation lied about ETH this entire time...  Who would have thought?
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 02:21:53 AM

In my opinion the coin will growing up and will there are people who use it for instrument of Investment. Although it is new coin it will become big coin because of failed dao.
tecnically, ETC is the old one and ETH is the new coin...

For all those that claim etc is real chain blah blah, that is wrong.

The Ethereum is still in development and will fork many more times as updates and fixes are added.

People buy Ethereum because of the dev team, the dev team is around midway to completing the Ethereum project.

Once the devs finish you will get a complete version of Ethereum only as ETH, Vitailk said today they are only developing for the ETH chain.

In other words Vitalik and everyone lied and ETH was never safe... Gotcha... 

I really wish you would hurry up and sell your massive hoard of ETC and old cold ETH and push down the price of ETC.  Can you get a few of your "forked" friends to join in also?  I mean I really need you to push the price of ETC down a LOT.  I really am looking for a great buying opportunity and if you can scare enough people with your nonsense and selling pressure then maybe some of us can build a nice stash before your staying power to depress prices vanishes...

You see if Vitalik and the foundation was lying about the safety of ETH pre-fork then you really can't trust anything they say now can you?  I mean that entire time you were  :Pand they were telling you it was safe as long as it wasn't in the DAO... HMMMM

So I am waiting, let me know when you start your whale push to crush ETC.  I have my buy ETC ready to roll as soon as you get it done...

You think those DEV's aren't going to jump ship to whatever chain has the support???  LOL
im in no need or hurry to sell,lol holdin that precious ETH is the reason i got me alot of free etc shitcoin, so thanks to all.
As for whale crush,lol i told everyone here 12hours ago, buy as walls are moving up...now tell me how many times did i say that here before?
The best way to deal with trolls is make them buy and hold heavy bags..the heavier the better  Tongue 

Nah, I don't want anyone to buy something that is obviously morally compromised like ETC.  I would prefer to have you help me get some cheap coin.  That way you have the moral obligation lifted off your back of telling me how bad ETC is at the same time helping me to realize my goal of obtaining more ETC.   So it is a win-win really.  You can have what you want, I can have what I want and besides you will feel so much better having that burden lifted from your shoulders.

You can stockpile that ETH to your hearts content with all that free ETC you just cashed out and for those of us that want ETC we can pick some up cheap so that we can hand it to the evil Hacker, in a replay attack while under a 51% attack, and without any hope of ever seeing a dapp or smart contract ever for ETC that I no longer have because I was ripped off...  

I heard somewhere that if you own ETC you will get fleas, the zika virus, HIV, your bank account will be robbed, your spouse will cheat on you, and your genitals will fall off...  

So far it all seems to be true.   I will be in the market as soon as I take some profits from ETC for a prosthetic penis since mine fell off shortly after Polo gave me some free ETC.  So I am just trying to save you here.  Nobody warned me in time so here I am, and I think I just saw a flea crawling up my leg...  So as a humanitarian I am just trying to save you from the horrors of owning ETC.   Consider it my good deed of the year.   Grin

It really is a shame that Vitalik and the Foundation lied about ETH this entire time...  Who would have thought?
damn your soo sweet ,lol  Kiss  there is a few negatives to etc yes, but overall from a personal pov its been very gd to me. Free coins, big sells then rebuys on first few hours of launch giving me more etc & BTC too. Along with a whole new group of ethereum lovers...what else could i possibly ask for  Kiss Kiss

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 02:42:38 AM

24h volume 150k BTC (52 million ETC, 100 million USD), twice the volume of ETH.

Exchange rate ~$2, up by nearly 200% for the day, compared to 10% down for ETH at ~$12.

Network hashrate 600 GH/s, roughly 15% of ETH hashrate, so mining profitability should be similar.
adiosrubixi

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 02:44:59 AM

I am wondering about the the point of this thread.  Bitpop is a BTC purist and overt Ethereum Hater but now has a moderated thread advocating Eth Classic.  

Are you actually promoting Eth Classic or do you have ulterior motives?

Good point! I'm wondering too what the hell is he doing... Knowing the character, the only possible explanation is: ulterior motives...

Bitpop: go back to Paycoin... They are missing your legendary dark humour  Cheesy
adiosrubixi

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 02:52:24 AM

Exchange rate ~$2, up by nearly 200% for the day, compared to 10% down for ETH at ~$12.

Time to dump and kill ETC.... All this non sense will profit whoever hacked the DAO... Suddenly down to $1.82
basyaru

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 02:59:54 AM

Today was a hard day for etc.nanopool.org

Lot's of rejects, Statistic server crash and some other stuff.
But we've recovered statistic and resolved other issues.

Come mine with us!

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 03:00:36 AM

Time to dump and kill ETC.... All this non sense will profit whoever hacked the DAO... Suddenly down to $1.82

As opposed to profit for ponzi schemes like yours?
adiosrubixi

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:16:28 AM

As opposed to profit for ponzi schemes like yours?

Yeah you should try it... I've made a lot with Ponzi schemes and I'm proud of it... You too by the way, what the hell are you doing here? From Paycoin to ETC... Is this thread your new jumpoff?
ecawyna

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:22:16 AM

So people speculating on the chain with no developer and app support? Pfff lmao

▄▄█████████▄                    ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄█████████████████▄             ▄████████████████▄
   █████            ▀█████        ▄█████            █████
  ████                 █████    █████                 ████
 ███                    ▀████    ██                     ███
▐███                      █████                         ▐███
███▌                        ████           ▐████████████████
▐███                         ▀████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ████                   ██▄    █████                    ▄▄▄
  ████                ██████    ▀████▄                ▄███
   ▀█████          ███████        ▀█████▄          ▄████▀
      █████████████████              ▀████████████████▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀                      ▀▀██████▀▀
  æ t e r n i t y
  The Oracle Machine
          ██
      ▄██ ██ ██▄
     ▐██  ██  ██
     ▐██      ██
     ▐██  ▄▄  ██
     ▐██▄▐██ ▄██
       ▀▀▐██ ▀▀
      ▄▄▌▐██ █▄
     ▐██ ▐██ ▀██
     ▐█▌  ▀▀  ██
     ▐██     ▐██
     ▐██ ▐██ ▄██
      ▀█ ▐██ █▀
         ▐██
✅ Unchained Smart Contracts
✅ Decentralized Oracle
✅ Turing-Complete
✅ State-Channels
✅ Infinitly Scalable
     ██
 ▄██ ██ ██▄
▐██  ██  ██
▐██      ██
▐██  ▄▄  ██
▐██▄▐██ ▄██
  ▀▀▐██ ▀▀
 ▄▄▌▐██ █▄
▐██ ▐██ ▀██
▐█▌  ▀▀  ██
▐██     ▐██
▐██ ▐██ ▄██
 ▀█ ▐██ █▀
    ▐██
[ WHITEPAPER]                     ██
                   ▄██▌
                  ████
                ▄█████
              ▄██████▌
             ████████
           ▄█████████   ▄▄▄▄
          █████████████████▀
        ▄████████████████▀
       ██▀▀▀▀▀ █████████
              ▐███████▀
              ██████▀
              █████▀
             ▐███▀
             ███
             █▀
(en)Lightning
Smart Contracts
|TESTNET|
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:26:58 AM

I'm very confused about all of this. But one thing I'm not confused about is that objectively ETC is winning over ETH-HF. By an extremely large margin... I was absolutely baffled at how nearly the entire ETH community sold their soul for coins that were rightfully obtained and were unscathed for the first day or however long. Now I see karma is truly catching up. Good job ETC community. Continue to stand up for what all Crypto Currency stands up for regardless of the majority of the ETH community trying to line their pockets with a hard fork.
Longsnowsm

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:29:49 AM

Thanks to OCMiner at Suprnova for hanging in here with us and responding to questions and issues.  That is the real difference between pools is when you get real help when you need it and have been sticking with us through the growing pains of a coin launch.  

So I setup my miners with Claymore on Suprnova and so far they connect and appear to be hashing away.  Now to watch and see if I get the hash rates and coin that I should be earning.  So I will glady report back in the morning how things went overnight.

Oh, the other thing is that I noticed that Suprnova is NOT charging a fee right now to mine with them.  If you decide to mine with a pool and they do something like this where they don't charge a fee that is great for giving them a try, but if you decide to hang around and use the pool please consider a donation.  

It takes lots of time, energy, effort to run something as complex as a pool and given how many times we have had to yell for help and someone came to the rescue don't you think that is worth something to you?  Please consider a donation.  

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:30:46 AM

I am wondering about the the point of this thread.  Bitpop is a BTC purist and overt Ethereum Hater but now has a moderated thread advocating Eth Classic.  

Are you actually promoting Eth Classic or do you have ulterior motives?

Good point! I'm wondering too what the hell is he doing... Knowing the character, the only possible explanation is: ulterior motives...

Bitpop: go back to Paycoin... They are missing your legendary dark humour  Cheesy

He is proving a point that blockchains should be immutable and free from tinkering from the powers that be. Vitalik because of his panic wanted to create a quick solution before the attacker can dump his coins in the exchanges. But this backfired on him because now there are two chains. The way it was done is very sloppy. Now a lot of bitcoin supporters are enjoying this because Vitalik in his quest to outdo bitcoin has failed. So Bitpop started this thread as a "Haha I'm laughing" for all of you. The joke is on you.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:45:48 AM

Any word on the pools that switched to hard fork ETH switching back to the original and superior ETC chain now that mining on it is vastly more profitable than forked one? I mean, they forked for profit so why wouldn't they switch back for profit?
fuze0000

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:48:55 AM

ETC will only grow this week!
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:50:26 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2016, 04:09:01 AM by Mrpumperitis

ETC will only grow this week!
nice ...hope your buying...nobody else is, lol

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Longsnowsm

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:53:03 AM

Come mine with us!

Still looks broken for me.  I just pointed a couple of miners your way just to see if your were reachable and reporting my hashes on the web page.  NOPE!  Nothing registers on the web page for me, but I see the miners hashing away.  Let us know when it is fixed and I will check again.  
Longsnowsm

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 04:08:09 AM

Come mine with us!

Still looks broken for me.  I just pointed a couple of miners your way just to see if your were reachable and reporting my hashes on the web page.  NOPE!  Nothing registers on the web page for me, but I see the miners hashing away.  Let us know when it is fixed and I will check again.  

Wow, I disconnected my miners and went to another pool.  I hit the refresh on nanopool just now and finally my hashing shows up.  BIG delays in when the hashing occurs and when it is reported on the page.  So maybe it is working.   Huh
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 04:09:06 AM

I was lucky with my dump Cheesy
Bittrex suddenly gave me a shitload of ETC

I sold at
Limit Sell   0.00500002

I wasnt the lucky one selling at 0.01020 right before me.

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: