Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:13:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1075

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:45:08 PM

BTCE

Latest news:
27/07/16    Ethereum Classic    

Ethereum Classic

27.07.16 19:52 from admin
Dear Clients!

BTC-e’s official standpoint on this issue is as follows: Ethereum Classic in the current circumstances is a scam. The Ethereum community decided to implement the hardfork in order to switch to the new chain. All major pools and exchanges (including BTC-e) did exactly that.

On the second day after the start of ETC trading BTC-e received a notification from Poloniex, saying that we need to secure the ETCs in our ETH wallet. At the time of notification, most of these coins have already been sent to Poloniex by our users. So there were almost none of these coins in our wallet.

We continue to receive requests from our customers demanding to return the ETCs that are supposedly deposited in our ETH wallet. We cannot do that for the reason specified above.

Anyone, who purports that we sent the coins to Poloniex in order to sell them, can check all the transactions on blockchain. All transactions are recorded and it is easy to trace the sender and the volumes of coins sent.

Best Regards,
BTC-e Team

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 07:46:27 PM

I would like to help with development, I am not a senior dev of any language but rather a jack of many (C++, nodejs, php...)  I do DevOps as a daily job, I will also offer resources for the Ethereum classic projects, so if you need anything like a server, compiling, maintaining please PM me.

Please join us https://www.reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/comments/4u4o61/call_for_action_what_can_i_do_to_help_ethereum/

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 07:46:44 PM

Could someone provide some info regarding running an ETC node.

What is the best way to set it up and how much resources does it consume on average (cpu, ram...).

Edit: For a headless linux server.

3,9 % CPU of 1 Core and 1050 MB Ram (with 512 MB Cache) but this node also a pool node.
A standalone node without mining would use 1 - 2 % CPU of 1 Core

Could you or someone else give a short guide on how to set up a node only in cli? No gui, no wallet.

I must say I am confused what exactly I need (mist, geth...?)

I'm trying to setup cli too with https://github.com/ethereumproject/go-ethereum/releases

But I can't figure out how to make it run in the background.

My bitcoin node runs great and I can use bitcoin-cli to talk to it. I don't know how to do that in geth

Join https://www.reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/comments/4uwjad/1410_first_stable_release_of_the_ethereum_classic/

wait... you want to be leading the fork and you don't know this???

My role is this thread

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 07:47:23 PM

What is the best way to set it up and how much resources does it consume on average (cpu, ram...).

3,9 % CPU of 1 Core and 1050 MB Ram (with 512 MB Cache) but this node also a pool node.

Could you or someone else give a short guide on how to set up a node only in cli? No gui, no wallet.

I'm trying to setup cli too with https://github.com/ethereumproject/go-ethereum/releases

My bitcoin node runs great and I can use bitcoin-cli to talk to it. I don't know how to do that in geth

Join https://www.reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/comments/4uwjad/1410_first_stable_release_of_the_ethereum_classic/

geth hasn't the daemon function

you could use an upstart script like that :

Code:
# geth - Ethereum Classic
# filename gethetc.conf
description "geth instance for Ethereum Classic"

env DAEMON=/home/<user>/<path to geth-binary>
env PARAM=' --fast --oppose-dao-fork'
env NAME=gethethclassic

start on filesystem or runlevel [2345]
stop on runlevel [!2345]

setuid <user>
setgid <user>

kill signal INT

respawn
respawn limit 10 5
umask 022

pre-start script
        test -x $DAEMON || { stop; exit 0; }
end script

# Start
script
        #test -f /etc/default/$NAME && . /etc/default/$NAME
        exec $DAEMON $PARAM
end script

change <user> to the userid that should run geth
change <path to geth> to path where geth is located

copy file with sudo cp gethetc.conf /etc/init/

now you could run
start gethetc
stop gethetc
restart gethetc

to monitor you could
tailf /var/log/upstart/gethetc.log

(STRG + c to cancel logfile view)
or you could run under same user like geth

geth attach

or you use screen

first install it
sudo apt-get install screen

screen -S gethetc       # this will start a second session could leave it with STRG A and the D while STRG keeped pressed
to reconnect to screen session
screen -r gethetc

thats it

Thanks

LeChuckDE

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:47:46 PM

BTCE

Latest news:

Ethereum Classic

Dear Clients!

BTC-e’s official standpoint on this issue is as follows: Ethereum Classic in the current circumstances is a scam. The Ethereum community decided to implement the hardfork in order to switch to the new chain. All major pools and exchanges (including BTC-e) did exactly that.

On the second day after the start of ETC trading BTC-e received a notification from Poloniex, saying that we need to secure the ETCs in our ETH wallet. At the time of notification, most of these coins have already been sent to Poloniex by our users. So there were almost none of these coins in our wallet.

We continue to receive requests from our customers demanding to return the ETCs that are supposedly deposited in our ETH wallet. We cannot do that for the reason specified above.

Anyone, who purports that we sent the coins to Poloniex in order to sell them, can check all the transactions on blockchain. All transactions are recorded and it is easy to trace the sender and the volumes of coins sent.

Best Regards,
BTC-e Team

who the f...  is btc-e ?

let them cry ...
ETC will get over ETH
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 07:51:24 PM

BTCE

Latest news:
27/07/16    Ethereum Classic   

Ethereum Classic

Dear Clients!

Best Regards,
BTC-e Team

That's disgusting. So they lost them and we're the scam?

The scam was vitalik selling premined eth for 36,000 btc then forking out immutability. That was false advertising.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 07:54:04 PM

BTCE

Latest news:

Ethereum Classic

Dear Clients!

Best Regards,
BTC-e Team

Looks like they failed to split the coins before allowing users to withdraw. Not sure how that makes ETC a scam, but it does make BTC-e incompetent. They probably want to avoid their responsibility to credit ETC to pre-fork ETH holders.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:04:07 PM

BTCE

Latest news:
27/07/16    Ethereum Classic   

Ethereum Classic

Dear Clients!

Best Regards,
BTC-e Team

That's disgusting. So they lost them and we're the scam?

The scam was vitalik selling premined eth for 36,000 btc then forking out immutability. That was false advertising.

Take some friggin responsibility!

Why didn't YOU contact BTC-E???

Is this the "Whine About Vitalik" Coin?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
CathodeMouse

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:08:11 PM

One more pool for Ethereum Classic:
http://etc.digger.ws

Wink
krile

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:13:47 PM

That is why I avoided Ethereum for all this time, so annoying to set up Smiley I will try harder now for ETC

flowerpots

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:16:46 PM

I have some Ether from before the fork. I use https://www.myetherwallet.com. I can download the JSON file there. But how can I use it with my wallet? I have installed the wallet and clicked NO, so i'm on the correct fork. I tried to edit the current wallet-file and put the data of the downloaded JSON from myetherwallet.com in there. After that I can see my balance, but I can't send ETC. It gives an error. Something with version 2 of the wallet and it needs to be version 3. Anyone can help me out?

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 08:22:14 PM

I have some Ether from before the fork. I use https://www.myetherwallet.com. I can download the JSON file there. But how can I use it with my wallet? I have installed the wallet and clicked NO, so i'm on the correct fork. I tried to edit the current wallet-file and put the data of the downloaded JSON from myetherwallet.com in there. After that I can see my balance, but I can't send ETC. It gives an error. Something with version 2 of the wallet and it needs to be version 3. Anyone can help me out?

Maybe try https://elaineo.github.io/etherwallet/

krile

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:25:11 PM

You could try opening the file with a text editor and edit the version number from 2 to 3.

Or inspect what the changes are between the two versions and copy/paste the values that matter (address, keys...) to the other file so it fits the version 3 format.

ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:27:39 PM

someone can help me?
i want rent a miner on nicehash to mine etc.

pm with instructions. i dont know nothing.

i want know how best algo, how much speed i need...

thx

flowerpots

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:36:32 PM

Thanks, this'll work.

LeChuckDE

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:44:12 PM

someone can help me?
i want rent a miner on nicehash to mine etc.

pm with instructions. i dont know nothing.

i want know how best algo, how much speed i need...

thx

2nd link

http://bfy.tw/6xgL
husky1971

Activity: 150

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:08:38 PM

is it true that ETC coin supply  is more less coins than ETH.
after the fork (block 1920000) the wallet holders with coins have only ETH and not ETC.
the account holders on exchange have both ETH and ETC. So i was thinking there is more ETH coins than ETC.

paulc010

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:19:51 PM

is it true that ETC coin supply  is more less coins than ETH.
after the fork (block 1920000) the wallet holders with coins have only ETH and not ETC.
the account holders on exchange have both ETH and ETC. So i was thinking there is more ETH coins than ETC.

EDIT: Think I misunderstood. The ETH chain is a higher block number, so yes, there's more ETH than ETC.
flowerpots

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:22:47 PM

Thanks, this'll work.
Strange. I tried to send 1 ETC to my main account (Ether Base) in my Windows 10 Software wallet. I see on classicetherwallet.com that I have 1 ETC less than before, but it does not show up in my wallet. Also it does not show up on http://gastracker.io/. When I create another wallet on classicetherwallet.com and I send something to that wallet it does show up there (but not on gastracker). Anyone knows what's up? I did use the Replay protection-sending option.

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:45:57 PM

BTC-e’s official standpoint on this issue is as follows: Ethereum Classic in the current circumstances is a scam.

Who is BTC-e's CEO? Oh, that's right, nobody knows. (And to pre-empt the Satoshi argument I see coming, people did not invest their money in him but in transparent code.)
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: