Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:09:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 04:20:25 AM

BTCE

Latest news:
27/07/16    Ethereum Classic    

Ethereum Classic

27.07.16 19:52 from admin
Dear Clients!

BTC-e’s official standpoint on this issue is as follows: Ethereum Classic in the current circumstances is a scam. The Ethereum community decided to implement the hardfork in order to switch to the new chain. All major pools and exchanges (including BTC-e) did exactly that.

On the second day after the start of ETC trading BTC-e received a notification from Poloniex, saying that we need to secure the ETCs in our ETH wallet. At the time of notification, most of these coins have already been sent to Poloniex by our users. So there were almost none of these coins in our wallet.

We continue to receive requests from our customers demanding to return the ETCs that are supposedly deposited in our ETH wallet. We cannot do that for the reason specified above.

Anyone, who purports that we sent the coins to Poloniex in order to sell them, can check all the transactions on blockchain. All transactions are recorded and it is easy to trace the sender and the volumes of coins sent.

Best Regards,
BTC-e Team

Looks like they failed to split the coins before allowing users to withdraw. Not sure how that makes ETC a scam, but it does make BTC-e incompetent. They probably want to avoid their responsibility to credit ETC to pre-fork ETH holders.

Not following.. how exactly did they lose these coins?

Please...this is crypto, anyone who has been around knows the game. This is when you see people's true colors, some value their integrity, some are greedy as shit, some will lie cheat and steal, same as it ever was. BTC-e has always been shady and the hangout for people like pumpertits/promethreus and other douchebags that parrot their bullshit to con the noobs. Funny that Bittrex and polo and the other exchanges have no issues. These other exchanges claiming they got screwed just took this as an opportunity to steal shit and blame it on technical issues or incompetence, I'm sure they could care less which one you choose to believe, they got their money and that's all that matters.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 04:32:42 AM

These were the funds mistakenly sent to the dao 7 days ago, right after the hardfork. 1 hour earlier before going back to the dao, 38K of ETH had been received by the contract during the normal refund operation.

This contract has also participated in draining and, as seen in the history, has been sending and receiving neat chunks of dao to and from multiple dao contracts until they were cleared of dao tokens.

https://np.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4v0v9k/someone_just_split_from_the_dao_and_drained_it/

Any guesses if they'll fork again to rescue these funds? Why not? The precedent is there.

Oh man, the poor foundation lol! The attention etc has brought to their world supercomputer dictatorship is going to make it really hard for them to fork it again. If they do they're fucked. If they don't they're fucked. So yeah, hopefully everybody learns something here. It's not crypto if you have people in charge of the blockchain or think your going to govern it. If that's what you want your in for a rude awakening. I guess go call your congressman or accountant or some shit, nobody here gives a shit either way. It's funny pumpertits and these other clowns "etc is dead lol!" I guess if you only care about short term financial goals it could be, not looking like it by any means but whatever, who cares? This is about something more than money. It's already done it's job, so good luck with all that governed world supercomputer sales pitch bullshit. What's next fuckin delegates on the blockchain? Blockchain tax or some other bullshit reason they can take your money or lock you up? Nah man, I don't think the blockchain needs any of it.
whiteorg72

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 04:38:55 AM

Has anyone already tried to use the Ethereum Classic wallet? There are no problems (bugs) with its use?
https://github.com/ethereumproject/go-ethereum/releases
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 05:15:25 AM

BTCE

Latest news:

Ethereum Classic

Dear Clients!

BTC-e’s official standpoint on this issue is as follows: Ethereum Classic in the current circumstances is a scam. The Ethereum community decided to implement the hardfork in order to switch to the new chain. All major pools and exchanges (including BTC-e) did exactly that.

On the second day after the start of ETC trading BTC-e received a notification from Poloniex, saying that we need to secure the ETCs in our ETH wallet. At the time of notification, most of these coins have already been sent to Poloniex by our users. So there were almost none of these coins in our wallet.

We continue to receive requests from our customers demanding to return the ETCs that are supposedly deposited in our ETH wallet. We cannot do that for the reason specified above.

Anyone, who purports that we sent the coins to Poloniex in order to sell them, can check all the transactions on blockchain. All transactions are recorded and it is easy to trace the sender and the volumes of coins sent.

Best Regards,
BTC-e Team

Looks like they failed to split the coins before allowing users to withdraw. Not sure how that makes ETC a scam, but it does make BTC-e incompetent. They probably want to avoid their responsibility to credit ETC to pre-fork ETH holders.

Their version seems to be that users withdrew ETH and ETC inadvertently went out with it (replay issue). They're blaming ETC but the issue was known even before the fork and if a noob like me managed to sort it out you'd think an exchange would be capable of doing that too.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 05:32:54 AM

BTCE

Latest news:

Ethereum Classic

Dear Clients!

Best Regards,
BTC-e Team

Their version seems to be that users withdrew ETH and ETC inadvertently went out with it (replay issue). They're blaming ETC but the issue was known even before the fork and if a noob like me managed to sort it out you'd think an exchange would be capable of doing that too.

BTC-E is known scam exchange run by criminals.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 06:02:33 AM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2016/07/28/ethereum-the-battle-of-the-chains

http://www.etcminer.com/

Now we just need cnn like Homero

Gaglam

Activity: 390

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 06:58:41 AM

By the way.

http://etc.coinpool.biz now full supporting NiceHash !
Please use your ETC Address for Username and !!very important!! # as password

Hi folks,

FYI, after pointing 230 MH at ETC on the Suprnova pool for 24 hours and then also on the CoinPool pool for 24 hours, I think I prefer this little pool at CoinPool.  That said, we should get a little more hashing to join us to keep things flowing more consistently.  Say about 2-3 GH?  That would be a nice number from my perspective...  Anyway, I should mention that the performance issues I saw with my Claymore minors on Suprnova could have been due to non-optimal config.

To help, this is how I'm configured on CoinPool and SiaMining.  I'm getting expected hash rates from Claymore on both ETC and SIA:

ClaymoreConfig.txt:

; CLAYMORE DUAL MINER SET-UP FOR Eth Classic on CoinPool:
-epool etc.coinpool.biz:7887
-ewal 0x14624e2889B165b2b459D48e3c7BA3dC75bD1E10
-eworker RigName
-epsw x
-esm 0
-allcoins 1
-erate 0
# CLAYMORE DUAL MINER SET-UP FOR SiaCoin on SiaMining:
-mode 0
-dpool http://siamining.com:9980/miner/header?address=d8573b70ee4fc60bff69489d7879f481262ce8cb22ca93cb9aee9fb7cc4ab89d871e9c7d5bfd&worker=RigName
-dcoin sia

ClaymoreMining.bat:

EthDcrMiner64.exe ClaymoreConfig.txt

Watch your temps as Claymore squeezes every last drop of processing out of your GPUs...

Of couse, you'll want to adjust for your own accounts and rig names.

Although you can feel free to test the above and tip me for the help if you want...   Wink

Thanks for the warm words.

do my best to configure pool at best performance. now it is optimized for miners 400 MH/s and below. The Greate pools are on to high diff for miners in range 2 - 100 mh/s total suboptimal.
they get only peanuts and it take days to could payed out.

today i helped a user with only 40 - 50 mh/s. got at time 0,55 etc payed out and hold 7 % at next block. we are now 12 miners at 1,2 GHs in total.bad luck at time one orphaned and this block is at 220 % but overall 79 % variance it seems that etc network are under attack most wallets get stuck at 196600 - 650 and needs a node restart to work propper... at time i am monitoring pool blockno agains 2 reference blockchains and get an alert when it is diff over 4 blocks so that i could take action asap.

DDOS protection works like a charm, since yesterday my pool is under fire but only some hickups at webfrontend, mining isn't interrupted or slowed down. most attacking ips are blocked within max 10 sec. hardware-firewall between server and internetconnection ... DDOS - Protection agains ping flood, synflood-attack, rpc-maleformed-attack etc. seems all things working well and performant.
every german attacking IP will be reported to Bundesnetzagentur (Germany Authority for Telecommunications) they will investigate and cut off the internet connection by law.

I mined for 24h now with 4x R9 280x eth-proxy says 83MH/s.
Got this:

Pending Balance: 0.70575871
Total Paid: 0.58362648

I turn my miner off. This does not pay out for me. Pool is great anyway, lots of shares.
superplus

Activity: 475
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 07:07:53 AM

im still thinking about what this is about. Politics have financial incentive. lets say we got to the conclusion forking because of theft is bad because its not immutable like btc and gold, then there would be x10 profit for the people recognizing it early enough Cheesy
its easy as that because btc wasnt forking because of silkroad or whatever. Eth has been fine, dao made the mess. (like btc/ silkroad or whatever criminal action)
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 07:08:59 AM

I mined for 24h now with 4x R9 280x eth-proxy says 83MH/s.
Got this:

Pending Balance: 0.70575871
Total Paid: 0.58362648

I turn my miner off. This does not pay out for me. Pool is great anyway, lots of shares.

That's not good, that pool is not great regardless of lots of shares.
40Mh/s at eth.nanopool.org is getting me about 2 etc per day.  Payout at 1 eth so i get paid twice daily.  Happy days  Smiley

szachta

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 07:15:32 AM

I am try to mine in gtx 750ti i het 1.20 MHs is there to get more?
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 07:16:08 AM

im still thinking about what this is about. Politics have financial incentive. lets say we got to the conclusion forking because of theft is bad because its not immutable like btc and gold, then there would be x10 profit for the people recognizing it early enough Cheesy
its easy as that because btc wasnt forking because of silkroad or whatever. Eth has been fine, dao made the mess. (like btc/ silkroad or whatever criminal action)

We should have forked the dollar after the 2008-9 banking crash to stop the credit default swap people getting rich!   Smiley
The Fed could have issued new dollars and asked folk to burn their classic ones...   Roll Eyes

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 08:21:04 AM

dunno if y'all heard this yet...but i just found out and im selling a few etc for ETH ...enjoy guys  Tongue

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4v2ug3/zksnarks_zero_knowledge_proofs_now_possible_via/
[–]vbuterinJust some guy 33 points 10 hours ago

Basically you will be able to use this to verify arbitrary (computable) claims about information, eg. statements of the form F(x) = y for a known F and y (though x can be private). This can compete with interactive verification as a tool for cheaply verifying expensive computations and serve similar use cases (though sometimes the interactive verification approach is still much more efficient), but the zero-knowledge component also allows for powerful privacy-preserving protocols on top of Ethereum. Examples include:

Cryptographic mixers - essentially, the ZK-SNARK verification enforces the rule that if you put one coin in you can take one coin and only one coin out, but the input-output mapping is completely hidden.
    Hawk - essentially, smart contracts with encrypted state, where the full power of the blockchain is still used to verify that state transitions are correct because anyone updating the state needs to include a ZK-SNARK proving that the change from the old encrypted state to the new encrypted state is a valid state transition (proving all of this without revealing what the decrypted old or new states, or the decrypted transaction data, is!).

Only on ETH

Etc will have it too

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1075

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 08:26:32 AM

dunno if y'all heard this yet...but i just found out and im selling a few etc for ETH ...enjoy guys  Tongue

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4v2ug3/zksnarks_zero_knowledge_proofs_now_possible_via/
[–]vbuterinJust some guy 33 points 10 hours ago

Basically you will be able to use this to verify arbitrary (computable) claims about information, eg. statements of the form F(x) = y for a known F and y (though x can be private). This can compete with interactive verification as a tool for cheaply verifying expensive computations and serve similar use cases (though sometimes the interactive verification approach is still much more efficient), but the zero-knowledge component also allows for powerful privacy-preserving protocols on top of Ethereum. Examples include:

Cryptographic mixers - essentially, the ZK-SNARK verification enforces the rule that if you put one coin in you can take one coin and only one coin out, but the input-output mapping is completely hidden.
    Hawk - essentially, smart contracts with encrypted state, where the full power of the blockchain is still used to verify that state transitions are correct because anyone updating the state needs to include a ZK-SNARK proving that the change from the old encrypted state to the new encrypted state is a valid state transition (proving all of this without revealing what the decrypted old or new states, or the decrypted transaction data, is!).

Only on ETH

Etc will have it too
dont you mean etc might have it, if it works on it? but we wont know unless we try to fork?...
ETH team made it clear they only developing for ETH

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1075

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 08:27:45 AM

and i suppose you think your getting this too...lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4v2x4g/another_set_of_presentation_slides_proof_of_stake/
Another set of presentation slides: Proof of Stake
submitted 10 hours ago by vbuterin
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1LpqtiZLdBb5DsAS0xgCDsrvbGLhuhVkVUjUhuJGfYGg/edit?pref=2&pli=1#slide=id.p

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 5910

Meh.

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 08:36:58 AM

It's okay mate. We realize you are a ETH fanatic, makes me wonder though why you'd spend so much time here, unless your mission is to try and bring us down? In that case, take a look around, we are not going anywhere.

krile

Activity: 746

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 08:38:35 AM

It's okay mate. We realize you are a ETH fanatic, makes me wonder though why you'd spend so much time here, unless your mission is to try and bring us down? In that case, take a look around, we are not going anywhere.

Slide 2, third point made me lol Cheesy

Code:
Functions of proof of work
"Finality: once a chain is sufficiently agreed upon, it cannot be reverted"

Sindren

Activity: 535

Love me tender

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 08:40:45 AM

my mining earning from etc is (average for last 4 days) ~0,00016btc/MHs/day (calculated price 0.0025/etc)

it's better than eth.
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 08:47:28 AM

my mining earning from etc is (average for last 4 days) ~0,00016btc/MHs/day (calculated price 0.0025/etc)

it's better than eth.

ETC is the most profitable coin to mine according to https://www.whattomine.com/coins

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
Sindren

Activity: 535

Love me tender

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 08:55:44 AM

it's better than eth.

ETC is the most profitable coin to mine according to https://www.whattomine.com/coins

agree, but it's not accurate due to pool attacks, net hashrate fluctuation etc.  somebody said that mine too little .. but i think that whattomine is right Wink
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 09:02:28 AM

Etc will have everything eth does + immutablity

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: