Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:09:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 07:28:04 PM

I see your point and I am just thinking out loud... Right now we have 2 Ethereum's The HF and the Classic. The one right now that is second in line to BTC is the HF Ethereum. I am thinking if I am a new investor that does not know about all this drama and wants to invest he sees HF and Classic. He would be like whats up with this?? Which one do I use?  blah blah looks unprofessional.. I don't know what the best thing to do but I don't want to see classic get slowly crushed by the HF.

We are not there yet but to get Classic up and going like HF already is will take some time to get organized. During this time everyone will just keep pounding heads saying that classic is dying and stay away from it.

I am not thinking it should be done now and hopefully never but if things get bad enough it might be best to re-brand the original but still keep all the same tools that HF uses. Let's hope it does not come to that. Time will tell.. If enough miners bail out then you can bet they will try the 51 percent attack again. The most important thing is we must keep people on board and interested. What ever it takes.
i think the name is good like it is.
it is a permanent reminder of what happend. and every seriouse investor should get a hint there is a story behind this names.

thats good i think the selling argument for etc is its immutablility beside its all the othere ether has too.

and sure there is still lots of work to do but
for me its amazing how much was done in such a short time. i am still wow
what a strong comunity
congrats........

Thank you for these toughts.  This is a strong comunity, It has Honour, as do all the people that post here.  CLASSIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 07:36:44 PM

Looks like the white hat hackers have recovered millions of ETC...Run for your lives....

Back to 100,000 sats Smiley

did they move them ? to the rightful owners ?

did the goodies announce what the plan is ? will they keep them or give them back ?
copied that from welcome to the beginning thread :
DAOinvestorwantsETC

PETITION CALLING FOR MEMBERS OF THE ETHEREUM FOUNDATION/TEAM AND OTHERS (WHITE HACKERS) TO RETURN ETC TO DAO HOLDERS ADDRESSES.

SEE POST BELOW & SIGN THE PETITION.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1576396.msg15827434#msg15827434

https://www.change.org/p/ethereum-foundation-members-of-ethereum-team-white-hats-to-return-etc-to-dao-holders

If you support ETC then they are the rightful owners. Do you see the logic paradox you are within?

Get Liquid! ‏@Get_Liquid 2h2 hours ago

@Sinzfeldt Yeah it's fun dumping coins on people who have principles, blockchains are about making $$ fiat profits at all costs.

Scumbags like this is why this scene is quickly destroying itself.

gosh how often does one have to explain this.
ETc does not think theft is ok. ETc sais a chain shall never be rolled back for  bailout.
and the job of devs is not to make such a change.
a hardfork is ok if there is a bug but not to reverse bad investment decitions.

and for the theft. if black hat attack was theft the white hat attack is theft too.

but i know for the ETH there is doublemoral and 2 sets of rules ok

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 07:37:15 PM

I see your point and I am just thinking out loud... Right now we have 2 Ethereum's The HF and the Classic. The one right now that is second in line to BTC is the HF Ethereum. I am thinking if I am a new investor that does not know about all this drama and wants to invest he sees HF and Classic. He would be like whats up with this?? Which one do I use?  blah blah looks unprofessional.. I don't know what the best thing to do but I don't want to see classic get slowly crushed by the HF.

We are not there yet but to get Classic up and going like HF already is will take some time to get organized. During this time everyone will just keep pounding heads saying that classic is dying and stay away from it.

I am not thinking it should be done now and hopefully never but if things get bad enough it might be best to re-brand the original but still keep all the same tools that HF uses. Let's hope it does not come to that. Time will tell.. If enough miners bail out then you can bet they will try the 51 percent attack again. The most important thing is we must keep people on board and interested. What ever it takes.
i think the name is good like it is.
it is a permanent reminder of what happend. and every seriouse investor should get a hint there is a story behind this names.

thats good i think the selling argument for etc is its immutablility beside its all the othere ether has too.

and sure there is still lots of work to do but
for me its amazing how much was done in such a short time. i am still wow
what a strong comunity
congrats........

Thank you for these toughts.  This is a strong comunity, It has Honour, as do all the people that post here.  CLASSIC!

Well, some of us are a little rowdy...but we mean well lol
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:21:46 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-seaman/in-bitcoins-barry-silbert_b_11353372.html

From the link

David Seaman YouTuber, researcher, and cryptocurrency enthusiast

As readers may already know, I used my space here to draw attention to Barry Silbert’s Ethereum Classic scam. You can read that coverage here and here.

A source assures me Classic meets the loose definition of a scam: it is in no way Ethereum. It is just an insecure orphan chain which is being promoted by a wealthy guy in New York, relentlessly, in a way that would be absolutely illegal if “Ethereum” were a publicly traded company or commodity - which it may well be one day soon, in some form.

Ethereum inventor Vitalik Buterin has publicly pledged “100%” of his support to ETH, the main blockchain for the Ethereum community.

Especially in light of Mr. Silbert’s prior cryptocurrency run-in with the S.E.C., my source suggests a second look from authorities might result in more than a slap on the wrist this time, especially since CoinDesk - a leading cryptocurrency media outlet wholly acquired by Mr. Silbert’s Digital Currency Group recently - has shifted to a “discernible” and “biased” promotional strategy for Classic since the acquisition.

“Kathryn [Haun] owes you a drink,” the source joked, referring to assistant U.S. attorney Kathryn Haun, who heads up the digital currency crimes office for the United States Dept. of Justice in San Francisco.

Nearly a week after our first stories about Mr. Silbert broke, he finally responded to my multiple public inquiries asking for an explanation. “Yeah, I care what you think,” Mr. Silbert tweeted to my personal Twitter account.

It’s not what I think that remotely matters, Mr. Silbert. It’s the Ethereum investors, the Ethereum developers, the American and international corporations developing on Ethereum, and the law enforcement community - they are the ones who want answers, not me.

I couldn’t care less.

Disclosure: At time of publication, I hold some bitcoin, ether, US dollars, and gold in my long term portfolio. As I held ether at the time of the fork, I also have a “Classic” position by default but have not sold any - Classic is a scam and I am uninterested in profiting from the sale of duplicate tokens.
Follow David Seaman on Twitter: www.twitter.com/d_seaman

Oh yeah dude you got it all figured out, we're over here trying to keep integrity going while eth promised their world supercomputer can't be tampered with or controlled by anyone, then did just the opposite because the development team had too much to lose. Then there's the fact that because of etc inception the same dev team got a ton of free etc that is worth a decent amount of money, did they cough any up to bailout the exchanges and others who lost because of their errors? Nope kept it for themselves. So yeah your totally right, we are the scammers that try to control the blockchain and can't contribute free money to people who lost alot due to our incompetence. And don't forget to mention our public call to 51% attack their chain, might as well get it all in there if your gonna manufacture obviously self serving bullshit.

When the story broke about the DAO hack and David was covering this he did a video where he was talking to ETH insiders explaining why the fork was critical and why they were going to do this.  Now the funny thing with David is that he is a libertarian, and many of his ideas seem to emphasize this which I happen to agree with myself.  But when it came to this topic of the fork and the authoritarian steps they were going to take David was more than willing to swallow his ethics and principals to go along with this. 

Now this spoke volumes about his position.  First it told me that David must be up to his eyeballs in the DAO and I know he is heavily invested in ETH.  So he is no longer an unbiased source of information.  Secondly it told me that he was willing to compromise his personal beliefs in order to save his behind.  Thirdly it told me that he has gotten too close to the ETH insiders to be able to see objectively any longer. 

I assume that based on the article that David is once again illustrating for us that he has too much on line and has made a deal with the devil and anything that puts his holdings at risk is subject to attack.  I posted on David's video from that interview with the ETH insider that I was very disappointed and after that video I was going to be looking at my options because I no longer believed the path that ETH was on was correct.  I know my views were not popular then just like they are not popular now.

It appears that just because you put yourself out there on a daily basis talking about these subjects this somehow makes you an "expert".  Sadly David is a biased and partial participant in all of this and is the last person you should be asking for an opinion.  It isn't like he is a journalist just "covering a story" from an objective point of view.  That isn't the case at all.

The sad truth of the matter is that David has compromised his values, and has put himself in a very bad place and instead of doing the wise thing and reflecting on the road he has chosen he has decided the deal with the devil is still better than the high road of ETC.

David should be met with scorn and rebuke.  He has lost credibility just like ETH has and really should be treated as such.  It really is too bad.  I think David is a good guy who has put himself in a bad place.  Time will tell if David comes back to his roots and chooses the path of open, decentralized, immutable block chains.  For now just expect him to do the devils bidding until that happens.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:38:52 PM

Spot on man. Seems like the case for everyone that is feverishly defending this bullshit. I have plenty of eth, I may dump them at some point but they were cheap so I could care less honestly. Most people in crypto are just like that guy, me I don't give a shit about the money. The technology is what's important. People like that are like drug addicts. I know some people who get hooked on drugs and lose all morality overnight. I know others that don't let their addiction change who they are and give up their morals. I used to be a drug counselor so the similarities stand out I guess. I have always tried to remain constant, you might not like what I say and that's tough, at least I'm giving my honest opinion regardless if I stand to win or lose a little btc. All of these other sell outs make me want to puke, we need more people that are solid regardless of the circumstances, only then will crypto heal and these shady douchebags will go sell used cars or something.
Kibit

Activity: 162
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:44:48 PM

I'm afraid ETC will be dumped by TheDAO hackers.
Diplo

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:49:01 PM

Great, dump it if they wish.  It's less ETC in the hands of people who don't believe in the project. Temporary decrease in price for longer term stability.
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:49:55 PM

David Seaman is like so many other people out there.  So I don't want to be too critical.  I can see where he is coming from, some of his points and ideas are valid, but we disagree on the courses of action.  

My irritation with David is that I can clearly see that his current views and actions run cross purposes with his own belief system, but he can't even see that right now.  

I wish David the best.  But my course is going to be with ETC.  I wish he would take the high ground and choose to focus on ETH just as I hope we in the ETC community will put all of our efforts and focus on ETC.  I don't believe we have time to be wasting with the ETH vs ETC fighting.  I think our ETC future is too bright and is far better than where I believe ETH is going.  So buckle up, it is going to be a wild ride!

The analogy of a drug addict is quite interesting and appropriate in many ways!    
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:55:00 PM

The amount the DAO hacker has is only a small portion of all the ETC in circulation, so while it would suppress prices for a little while it won't kill ETC and if anything it will be a huge buying opportunity.  I think it is time to put these fears behind us.

Secondly, contrary to popular belief I think the DAO hacker is probably pretty smart.  And if I were in his/her shoes I wouldn't be "dumping" my ETC.  I personally would be trickling it into the markets every time the price spikes and maximize my return for the ETC I am selling.  Unless the hacker is like so flush with cash he/she just doesn't care how much money they get from their bounty then all bets are off an they could do anything.  However if the money is important then I would try to maximize my return.  That would mean not dumping, but I would be looking at ways to trade it and move it around in ways that would be hard to track.  That is just my two bits for whatever they are worth...

So don't worry, be happy... and of course buy on the price dips!
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:55:23 PM

David Seaman is like so many other people out there.  So I don't want to be too critical.  I can see where he is coming from, some of his points and ideas are valid, but we disagree on the courses of action.  

My irritation with David is that I can clearly see that his current views and actions run cross purposes with his own belief system, but he can't even see that right now.  

I wish David the best.  But my course is going to be with ETC.  I wish he would take the high ground and choose to focus on ETH just as I hope we in the ETC community will put all of our efforts and focus on ETC.  I don't believe we have time to be wasting with the ETH vs ETC fighting.  I think our ETC future is too bright and is far better than where I believe ETH is going.  So buckle up, it is going to be a wild ride!

The analogy of a drug addict is quite interesting and appropriate in many ways!    

OK ok I'll quit antagonizing them, just having some fun, and I'm really good at pissing people off while making my point lol! I'll chill, sorry everybody, it's just to easy when you can tell most of them have no idea about the basics but whatever...time we start building this sucka into an undeniable monster of crypto
kamidela

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:29:21 PM

Ok, what can we expect from our Chinese friends today, they will get up soon. Any infos? Anyone saw any bad articles on their market which could provide another dump of ETC in next hours??
Kibit

Activity: 162
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:44:49 PM

Ok, what can we expect from our Chinese friends today, they will get up soon. Any infos? Anyone saw any bad articles on their market which could provide another dump of ETC in next hours??
8 million of ETC goes to market soon
http://slacknation.github.io/medium/14/14.html
kamidela

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:11:06 PM

Ok what we need to do now?? sell what we have now and buy later by lower price or just keep them?
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:15:25 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2016, 10:33:25 PM by MalReynolds

The 8M you speak is under the control of "white hat" hackers led by Alex Van de Sande from the Ethereum Foundation.  This is 69% of all DAO funds on the ETC blockchain and just under 10% of all ETC.  

When will Alex / the Ethereum Foundation make a statement on what he and his team intends to do with this ETC?  

Will they return it on the ETC blockchain proportionally to those who invested in the DAO (as they should)?

http://forklog.net/the-counter-attack-on-the-dao-quickly-drains-its-funds/

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-biggest-hacker-whodunnit-of-the-summer

https://blog.ethereum.org/author/avsa/

https://twitter.com/avsa/status/745318197876953088

Alex Van de Sande - Ethereum Foundation ""White Hat" Hacker

In Control of 8 Million ETC (currently worth over $16 Million) Of Other People's Money

WHAT NOW, ALEX?

firstflyover

Activity: 195

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:34:53 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-seaman/in-bitcoins-barry-silbert_b_11353372.html

From the link

David Seaman YouTuber, researcher, and cryptocurrency enthusiast

As readers may already know, I used my space here to draw attention to Barry Silbert’s Ethereum Classic scam. You can read that coverage here and here.

A source assures me Classic meets the loose definition of a scam: it is in no way Ethereum. It is just an insecure orphan chain which is being promoted by a wealthy guy in New York, relentlessly, in a way that would be absolutely illegal if “Ethereum” were a publicly traded company or commodity - which it may well be one day soon, in some form.

Ethereum inventor Vitalik Buterin has publicly pledged “100%” of his support to ETH, the main blockchain for the Ethereum community.

Especially in light of Mr. Silbert’s prior cryptocurrency run-in with the S.E.C., my source suggests a second look from authorities might result in more than a slap on the wrist this time, especially since CoinDesk - a leading cryptocurrency media outlet wholly acquired by Mr. Silbert’s Digital Currency Group recently - has shifted to a “discernible” and “biased” promotional strategy for Classic since the acquisition.

“Kathryn [Haun] owes you a drink,” the source joked, referring to assistant U.S. attorney Kathryn Haun, who heads up the digital currency crimes office for the United States Dept. of Justice in San Francisco.

Nearly a week after our first stories about Mr. Silbert broke, he finally responded to my multiple public inquiries asking for an explanation. “Yeah, I care what you think,” Mr. Silbert tweeted to my personal Twitter account.

It’s not what I think that remotely matters, Mr. Silbert. It’s the Ethereum investors, the Ethereum developers, the American and international corporations developing on Ethereum, and the law enforcement community - they are the ones who want answers, not me.

I couldn’t care less.

Disclosure: At time of publication, I hold some bitcoin, ether, US dollars, and gold in my long term portfolio. As I held ether at the time of the fork, I also have a “Classic” position by default but have not sold any - Classic is a scam and I am uninterested in profiting from the sale of duplicate tokens.
Follow David Seaman on Twitter: www.twitter.com/d_seaman

Oh yeah dude you got it all figured out, we're over here trying to keep integrity going while eth promised their world supercomputer can't be tampered with or controlled by anyone, then did just the opposite because the development team had too much to lose. Then there's the fact that because of etc inception the same dev team got a ton of free etc that is worth a decent amount of money, did they cough any up to bailout the exchanges and others who lost because of their errors? Nope kept it for themselves. So yeah your totally right, we are the scammers that try to control the blockchain and can't contribute free money to people who lost alot due to our incompetence. And don't forget to mention our public call to 51% attack their chain, might as well get it all in there if your gonna manufacture obviously self serving bullshit.

When the story broke about the DAO hack and David was covering this he did a video where he was talking to ETH insiders explaining why the fork was critical and why they were going to do this.  Now the funny thing with David is that he is a libertarian, and many of his ideas seem to emphasize this which I happen to agree with myself.  But when it came to this topic of the fork and the authoritarian steps they were going to take David was more than willing to swallow his ethics and principals to go along with this. 

Now this spoke volumes about his position.  First it told me that David must be up to his eyeballs in the DAO and I know he is heavily invested in ETH.  So he is no longer an unbiased source of information.  Secondly it told me that he was willing to compromise his personal beliefs in order to save his behind.  Thirdly it told me that he has gotten too close to the ETH insiders to be able to see objectively any longer. 

I assume that based on the article that David is once again illustrating for us that he has too much on line and has made a deal with the devil and anything that puts his holdings at risk is subject to attack.  I posted on David's video from that interview with the ETH insider that I was very disappointed and after that video I was going to be looking at my options because I no longer believed the path that ETH was on was correct.  I know my views were not popular then just like they are not popular now.

It appears that just because you put yourself out there on a daily basis talking about these subjects this somehow makes you an "expert".  Sadly David is a biased and partial participant in all of this and is the last person you should be asking for an opinion.  It isn't like he is a journalist just "covering a story" from an objective point of view.  That isn't the case at all.

The sad truth of the matter is that David has compromised his values, and has put himself in a very bad place and instead of doing the wise thing and reflecting on the road he has chosen he has decided the deal with the devil is still better than the high road of ETC.

David should be met with scorn and rebuke.  He has lost credibility just like ETH has and really should be treated as such.  It really is too bad.  I think David is a good guy who has put himself in a bad place.  Time will tell if David comes back to his roots and chooses the path of open, decentralized, immutable block chains.  For now just expect him to do the devils bidding until that happens.

Very wise words...

In the end, can you look in the mirror and say. "Did I Stand For Something In My Life"
amanai

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:43:12 PM

The 8M you speak is under the control of "white hat" hackers led by Alex Van de Sande from the Ethereum Foundation.  This is 69% of all DAO funds on the ETC blockchain and just under 10% of all ETC.  

When will Alex / the Ethereum Foundation make a statement on what he and his team intends to do with this ETC?  

Will they return it on the ETC blockchain proportionally to those who invested in the DAO (as they should)?

http://forklog.net/the-counter-attack-on-the-dao-quickly-drains-its-funds/

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-biggest-hacker-whodunnit-of-the-summer

https://blog.ethereum.org/author/avsa/

https://twitter.com/avsa/status/745318197876953088

Alex Van de Sande - Ethereum Foundation ""White Hat" Hacker

In Control of 8 Million ETC (currently worth over $16 Million) Of Other People's Money

WHAT NOW, ALEX?

Mal hi! Im also turned my lsk in etc just wanted to know ur thoughts, what s the best move right now? Will that 7m affect much to etc price and will it recover?
kamidela

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:46:21 PM

Ok i will ask again. Your perdictions guys.. will ETC recover from this mess or its over of this crypto?? What will happen after those 8 mil. will get back on the market?
rfcdejong

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 11:02:29 PM

Ok i will ask again. Your perdictions guys.. will ETC recover from this mess or its over of this crypto?? What will happen after those 8 mil. will get back on the market?

ETC has never recovered from anything, in my eyes it is worthless. The only value it has is for trading and for all coins that did, this will be like all others and slowly going lower and lower. It's marketcap is too high.
scaryvirus

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 11:12:21 PM

ETC has never recovered from anything, in my eyes it is worthless. The only value it has is for trading and for all coins that did, this will be like all others and slowly going lower and lower. It's marketcap is too high.

Money has value from fungibility, scarcity, and demand. Since it only takes a single digit percentage minority on eth to edit how money works, who has it, and where it goes, eth has absolutely zero value as a currency. We can't trust anything about it since it can be modified at any time with extreme ease for profit seeking parties.
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 11:38:56 PM

So the question is, will Alex break the social contract? Sword of Damocles time for ETC?

I hope for his sake he has Close Protection.

Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: