Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:00:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:21:33 AM

OK here is a clear story of the white hackers and how they were caught red handed and now some of the funds they held are frozen in an exchange. http://themerkle.com/white-hat-hackers-caught-red-handed-during-attempted-etc-sell-off/

They intended to sell all the ETC for ETH to use for development of the forked chain. It is allegedly a move orchestrated by the Ethereum foundation. Can someone who has an idea of the whole story tell us how the white hat hackers have a connection to the Ethereum foundation?

There is a post here but it is very confusing. Please make it clear for everyone to read well.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:27:38 AM

OK here is a clear story of the white hackers and how they were caught red handed and now some of the funds they held are frozen in an exchange. http://themerkle.com/white-hat-hackers-caught-red-handed-during-attempted-etc-sell-off/

They intended to sell all the ETC for ETH to use for development of the forked chain. It is allegedly a move orchestrated by the Ethereum foundation. Can someone who has an idea of the whole story tell us how the white hat hackers have a connection to the Ethereum foundation?

There is a post here but it is very confusing. Please make it clear for everyone to read well.

The hackers are member of the ethereum foundation dev team.  The issue has been dissected in detail here as far back as page 147

greenuser

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:31:34 AM

They plan on dumping all the dao ETC and then ask for donations. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/comments/4xauca/follow_up_statement_on_the_etc_salvaged_from/

Crooks!

usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:32:22 AM

"@usukan  are you happy about giving the hackers and eth dev team a large say in the vote then?"

@greenuser - you must realise that you are doing an ETH on me now

This is not how ETC works

@usukan  are you happy about giving the hackers and eth dev team a large say in the vote then?

I am beginning to think that the white hat hacking group is also a part of the black hat hacking group.

Maybe they're all the same people...

The same group or not all of them want to make money out of Ethereum.

I fear for the eth crowd, they have a dev team that care more about money than the tech.  I emailed christian@reitwiessner.de from my personal email address and told him he had been implicated in theft. Still no answer.  Scum!

Hackers or not, crooks the lot of them.  They want to sue me,  bring it on!   It would be nice to get out more.

Why was the ethereum foundation liquidated?  Did we find out?

--

--
greenuser

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:35:48 AM

Sure but they are stakeholders.

ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:49:03 AM

@usukan  are you happy about giving the hackers and eth dev team a large say in the vote then?

I am beginning to think that the white hat hacking group is also a part of the black hat hacking group.

I fear for the eth crowd, they have a dev team that care more about money than the tech.  I emailed christian@reitwiessner.de from my personal email address and told him he had been implicated in theft. Still no answer.  Scum!

Hackers or not, crooks the lot of them.  They want to sue me,  bring it on!   It would be nice to get out more.

They were spending the premine like crazy without any transparency. Now, it's spent mostly and they liquidate the company responsible for these expenses. No business, no questions. It was all about their personal profits anyway. That's why they saved their own asses in such a bad way after the DAO hack.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:52:38 AM

Maybe, Christ they admitted it then tried to minimize their involvement. To think they aren't directly involved is very naive.  These aren't crypto folks, they're politicians. Think accordingly.
pjr77

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:53:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1RkQajccQ
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:55:46 AM

They were spending the premine like crazy without any transparency. Now, it's spent mostly and they liquidate the company responsible for these expenses. No business, no questions. It was all about their personal profits anyway. That's why they saved their own asses in such a bad way after the DAO hack.

Sound familiar? Block tech maybe? XC and many more. Same rules apply people, premine coins nope, foundation's, boards, whatever you want to call it nope. Rollback the chain? Well..that's just funny at this point.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:57:16 AM

The hackers are member of the ethereum foundation dev team.  The issue has been dissected in detail here as far back as page 147

Then WOW! They are nothing but profit seeking scam artists. This is making me think what if Ethereum was one big scam of dreams and fantasies in the first place? I am now having my doubts about both ETH and ETC. If the members of the foundation are really scam artists then the platform is nothing but one big money maker for them and they do not care if it works as promised or not.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:57:47 AM

Sure but they are stakeholders.

I don't think you are following this or at least not understanding things above.

@greenuser - you said:
"@usukan  are you happy about giving the hackers and eth dev team a large say in the vote then?"

@greenuser - you must realise that you are doing an ETH on me now

This is not how ETC works

So - you say they are stakeholders? Are you somehow suggesting that certain stakeholders be excluded or blocked by a voting system in ETC - get out of here.....

You are quite clearly confused about ETC values IMO

--

--
husky1971

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:03:50 AM

Just open my computer and I read this

ETC/DAO stolen coins frozen by exchanges was sent by Ethereum Foundation Developers.

http://cointimes.tech/2016/08/12/etcdao-stolen-coins-frozen-by-exchanges-was-sent-by-ethereum-foundation-developers/
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:06:51 AM

So all DAO token holders get their share in ETC back from the white hats?

I think that's right...but this is still such a confused, chaotic mess I'm not absolutely sure...

Yes I think they realized they would steal from eth folks not etc

If they return etc the eth white hat/devs/foundation get to keep the eth. They rolled it back promising to return funds from DAO. Then realized, because etc was born, they could return etc instead and keep the eth for themselves  (worth more atm) eth people are dumb, never even entered their blind ass thought process. If I were dumb enough to be in the dao I would demand payment in eth, but their too busy defending these scamming fucks lol!  This is all the same old crypto scam, eventually enough evidence presented to the eth supporters will get them to see what's really going on. Once eth loses all support they're fucked, and at this rate it's not too far off. So just make your point and walk away, I call it dropping the grenade and rolling out.its all right out there in the open, you just have to point it out pay attention and refuse the Buterin haircut at all costs.
greenuser

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:07:12 AM

If etc is to have a remaining % of PoW (which is the current consensus), miners need to be represented or they will not run the new code and you will have a LiteClassic as well as a Classic Ethereum.  Remember, the only reason you have a classic is because they didn't get all the miners on side.  Wink

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:09:20 AM

If etc is to have a remaining % of PoW (which is the current consensus), miners need to be represented or they will not run the new code and you will have a LiteClassic as well as a Classic Ethereum.  Remember, the only reason you have a classic is because they didn't get all the miners on side.  Wink

This shouldn't even be a debate at this point, when they go pos we want the miners, at least for awhile. No downside and huge upside.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:10:48 AM

Then WOW! They are nothing but profit seeking scam artists. This is making me think what if Ethereum was one big scam of dreams and fantasies in the first place? I am now having my doubts about both ETH and ETC. If the members of the foundation are really scam artists then the platform is nothing but one big money maker for them and they do not care if it works as promised or not.

Bingo. We have a winner
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:10:58 AM

still getting more supports after the big dumped i thought it will be the last of my investment but seeing it moving by now i'm still holding my coin to reach back 500k still have a big reason to hold and community still showing interest day by day. good luck dev hope that reaching .01 will still achievable for this project. keep it up

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:15:50 AM

still getting more supports after the big dumped i thought it will be the last of my investment but seeing it moving by now i'm still holding my coin to reach back 500k still have a big reason to hold and community still showing interest day by day. good luck dev hope that reaching .01 will still achievable for this project. keep it up

There are way more people backing etc with way more money and experience than the eth morons even realize my friend, this is about the principle of the blockchain not price. Veterans of crypto take this very seriously. Eth is done, it's gonna take a minute but just watch the bitch slap they get for acting like they determine what's ok and what's not related to the blockchain.
greenuser

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:22:06 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 11:42:15 AM by greenuser

I know, it's been the highest volume coin for the last week.  This is what interests me, the crooks lost control and now it has a mind of its own.  Moreover, it has been more profitible to mine Classic over ETH for most of that time since the fork.  And i sold my Eth position a week before the hack at 24mBTC.  I didn't start mining it again until #1920000, just for sh*ts and giggles.  I thought i would be the only one and solo mine the whole network myself.  Then i could play with the tech like a private testnet.  Funny how things turn out.   Cheesy

remmacs

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:45:14 AM

hope you guys are in on the oracle crowdsale ends in 4 hours

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570693.0

im in!  Cool next x50 thats for sure... ill be dropping these ETC profits in before the crowdsale finishes tonight  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: