Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:22:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:56:02 AM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

ETH devs arent trolling like a 12 year old.

Sadly.. ETC is run by kids, thats why its not getting any traction.

Many people had hopes for this.. but you and these other whining kids have made sure that never happens.
You still believe trolling in the ETH thread makes ETC looks good?

Here's a tip for you. Before you post, think "What would my dad think, and invest in after this post".
That should probably help you out a lot.

Yesyes.. i know this one will be deleted like MOST of the posts in this thread.
Just a shame.... "immutable" my ass.

Discrimination?  Are we age-ist?  We all had to grow up in public.  You will always get trolls.   Fringe Science will always attract people on the fringes of society.  Social misfits?  People that strugle with forming and maintaining social relationships?  Howerver this is no crime.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:02:13 PM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

Many people had hopes for this.. but you and these other whining kids have made sure that never happens.

Here's a tip for you. Before you post, think "What would my dad think, and invest in after this post".

better to be run by kids who are trustworthy than a bunch of ETH snake in the grasses that tell you what you want to hear while stealing the value of your savings repeatedly from either incompetence or greed.

Here's a tip for you, spread your cheeks FUDtard.
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 12:05:37 PM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

Discrimination?  Are we age-ist?

Lift your head out of the kindergarden bucket... there is a very good point here.

If this thread was 200% more serious, the attention ETC got would be so much better.
Right now its associated with something reminding of the Tunisian group of kids running amoc on Yobit.

Until that happens .. this will be a shitcoin of low value, sadly.

And now you're probably gonna say somethinga bout 0.00320000 btc is great value, and market cap and blablabla....

Still, the point is ITS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN if not broken by kid rethorics.

frostminer

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 12:07:15 PM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

better to be run by kids who are trustworthy than a bunch of ETH snake in the grasses that tell you what you want to hear while stealing the value of your savings repeatedly from either incompetence or greed.

Here's a tip for you, spread your cheeks FUDtard.

You fucking retard. Im not fudding the COIN, im telling the idiots acting like shitkids to grow up so the coin can be serious.

greenuser

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:15:01 PM

serious?  EF were very serious.  We want to make work fun.  Puritan!  will you ban dancing and stringed instruments next?
 https://youtu.be/HAwC0swp96I

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 12:27:23 PM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

Thanks for your advice

roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 02:31:27 PM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

dear frostminer what you call trolling is eth holders complain about the acts that are made.

you keep forgetting that every eth holder posible an big etc holder

and what you call trolling is just asking unpleasant questions like where is the money from the white hat hack.

and many more and becouse this questions have been ask permanently again and again
those guys now need a lawyer to sort out how to go the right way

Kellor

Activity: 278

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 02:42:39 PM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

I agree with you. It is better not to attack the ETC and ETH each other. They use the same technology. The only difference is that hackers controls a lot ETC.
Mouyou

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:51:36 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2016, 04:29:10 PM by Mouyou

I think the most important think is the open public blockchain this public ledger which makes everyting which is owned by the public transparent, so everyone can trust each other or don't have to trust each other anymore because they only have to have trust in the blockchain (DAO) Then people can start working together to solve problemes of the public. The nice thing is that because everyone can then contribute to the DAO by explaining their individuell tansions (problemes) and find people who have similar tansions to solve them together more quick. The blockchain has made the creation of money open for everyone. In a DAO the money of the DAO is the representation of the value of the DAO and the votingpower. Every time you buy something you vote. If you buy tokens for a DAO you vote for the DAO. It would be good if everyone tries to buy things which solves their tensions. What are tensions? Tensions a relative but people can have similar tensions. It is possible to solve tensions. There are lots of different tensions the only task is to solve proplemes as efficient as possible. Erveryone should focuse on those tensions which he or she has and find other people who have similare tansions to solve them. it is like a game. This DAO (kind of crowdfunding, social media plattform)  has different rules, like every game, which says for example, that every Solution for the tension has to be good for the enviroment and the people  or shouldn't harm the people and the enviroment. The purpose of this plattform is to connect people and support them with money, infrastructure, contacts etc.. Because this plattform is owned by those who solve proplemes which are good for the people and enviroment, because those people will get DAOtokens from other people to solve their common tensions (for example cleaning the beach, electric cars, education etc.) So the money (ownership of the DAO) will always go to those people who help the people and enviroment. The DAO Tokens have a fix ammount and a negative interest. The negative interest is there so people don't hold lage ammounts of money. People invest their money so they don't lose money. The money should be always in circulation. The higher the negative interest the higher the circulation speed of the money within the system. There hast to be a good balance between the negative interest rate for example 5% per year, similar to www.freico.in
"Freicoin introduces the concept of a small holding fee, called demurrage, to virtual currencies. Currency owners automatically pay this fee. This promotes currency circulation and encourages sustainable investments. This fee, 5% per year, re-enters the economy through miners who use a large portion of it to pay for operating costs."
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 04:07:58 PM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

Better trolling than cheating and stealing. ETH is almost a private block chain now. It's run by VCs who make decisions to maximize their profit and Vitalik is a talking head for them. I'm sure it helps to get much traction.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 04:16:22 PM

Better trolling than cheating and stealing. ETH is almost a private block chain now. It's run by VCs who make decisions to maximize their profit and Vitalik is a talking head for them. I'm sure it helps to get much traction.
Yes decision like selling ETC they hold for profit which got broken by good work of poloniex. ETH is centralized where as ETC is decentralized except the fear of those millions of ETC anonymous hacker is holding. I think this can be compared to millions of bitcoin still in hold of anonymous developer satoshi nakamoto.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
frostminer

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 04:23:15 PM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

What does it matter what ETH does? You know what would have been real good? If ETC was a serious project from the start.
Im sure we would see the price of ETC atleast twice what it is today.

Instead ANY investors or ppl with money looking into this thread will turn straight back out again with "no way im gonna invest in that chaotic kindergarden".

For that you can thank @bitpop, @roselee, @tylerderden and a couple of others.

And therefore the price is stuck at 0.0032ish btc, not 0.009.

(Notice how ETH ppl, which are 100 times more dont say shit. They simply watch you guys sink your own ship by going fully YOBIT)

roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 04:34:48 PM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

I agree with you. It is better not to attack the ETC and ETH each other. They use the same technology. The only difference is that hackers controls a lot ETC.

plus a lot of those hackers are eth devs
as alex van de sande said.

you know most etc holders do also hold eth but didnt dump them or say eth is a scam we all just say what was done in the last weeks was not honorable they shall come forwart and do the right thing.

you know a fork means always there is a second chain maybe. its called a failed fork.  why getting so upset if it has become real ?
some of them just stamp  there feet and cant acept .

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 04:41:07 PM

Its clear that the vast majority of Ethereum community want to be involved in ETH and the voting process was a clear indication of this.
In any other voting system the losing minority usually have to join the majority, however this being crypto things are not the same and the minority can try and fight and try to convince the majority that they were right after the voting has ending.

When voting for HF , the result was roughly 80% pro fork vs 20% for no fork
Now after almost a month and the dust has settled a bit, the hashrates are split roughly 80% vs 20%
The price also reflects this again with etc costing around 20% of ETH

What we have now is the minors trying to become the majority but the numbers show that they failed to convince everyone that their vision of Ethereum is better than the vision of the real Ethereum ETH devs.

etc will split into two or maybe three...POW version for miners, POS version for Ethereum emoootabilty fans and POW/POS hybrid to try and keep everyone happy, but now the cats out of the bag...so whenever etc makes a move that the others disagree with the old chain will continue ( mostly by people that like to cause disruption...like the etc guys just now ) and people will expect free money (double coins)
new devs you get new roadmaps.
exchanges could soon be forced to change etc name away from Ethereum too.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mouyou

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 04:44:02 PM

I think the most important think is the open public blockchain this public ledger which makes everyting which is owned by the public transparent, so everyone can trust each other or don't have to trust each other anymore because they only have to have trust in the blockchain (DAO) Then people can start working together to solve problemes of the public. The nice thing is that because everyone can then contribute to the DAO by explaining their individuell tansions (problemes) and find people who have similar tansions to solve them together more quick. The blockchain has made the creation of money open for everyone. In a DAO the money of the DAO is the representation of the value of the DAO and the votingpower. Every time you buy something you vote. If you buy tokens for a DAO you vote for the DAO. It would be good if everyone tries to buy things which solves their tensions. What are tensions? Tensions a relative but people can have similar tensions. It is possible to solve tensions. There are lots of different tensions the only task is to solve proplemes as efficient as possible. Erveryone should focuse on those tensions which he or she has and find other people who have similare tansions to solve them. it is like a game. This DAO (kind of crowdfunding, social media plattform)  has different rules, like every game, which says for example, that every Solution for the tension has to be good for the enviroment and the people  or shouldn't harm the people and the enviroment. The purpose of this plattform is to connect people and support them with money, infrastructure, contacts etc.. Because this plattform is owned by those who solve proplemes which are good for the people and enviroment, because those people will get DAOtokens from other people to solve their common tensions (for example cleaning the beach, electric cars, education etc.) So the money (ownership of the DAO) will always go to those people who help the people and enviroment. The DAO Tokens have a fix ammount and a negative interest. The negative interest is there so people don't hold lage ammounts of money. People invest their money so they don't lose money. The money should be always in circulation. The higher the negative interest the higher the circulation speed of the money within the system. There hast to be a good balance between the negative interest rate for example 5% per year, similar to www.freico.in
"Freicoin introduces the concept of a small holding fee, called demurrage, to virtual currencies. Currency owners automatically pay this fee. This promotes currency circulation and encourages sustainable investments. This fee, 5% per year, re-enters the economy through miners who use a large portion of it to pay for operating costs."

Charles Hoskinson Tells Us Why He Is 100% ETC
http://www.ethnews.com/charles-hoskinson-tells-us-why-he-is-100-etc
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 05:29:26 PM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

What does it matter what ETH does? You know what would have been real good? If ETC was a serious project from the start.
Im sure we would see the price of ETC atleast twice what it is today.

Instead ANY investors or ppl with money looking into this thread will turn straight back out again with "no way im gonna invest in that chaotic kindergarden".

For that you can thank @bitpop, @roselee, @tylerderden and a couple of others.

And therefore the price is stuck at 0.0032ish btc, not 0.009.

(Notice how ETH ppl, which are 100 times more dont say shit. They simply watch you guys sink your own ship by going fully YOBIT)

If you have nothing good to say then you should just not say it.. bla  bla bla
patapato

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 07:20:27 PM

Charles Hoskinson Tells Us Why He Is 100% ETC
http://www.ethnews.com/charles-hoskinson-tells-us-why-he-is-100-etc

Freicoin has a "Foundation". It means a group of control, like Ethereum. Not neutral. Money should be morally neutral, not good or bad, but neutral. And not controlled by any group. Run away from any coin with a "Foundation".
Akarabzie

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 07:21:45 PM

I'm not sure if anyone has addressed the elephant in the room here but does no one remember why bitcoin is no longer mined on GPUs?

ASICS

If the ETC community decides we want PoW forever you can say goodbye to mining ETC with your GPU farms and say hello to ASICS within 6-8 months after announcement. This isn't such a bad thing, but we may end up being at the mercy of the few companies that produce home mining gear which is currently plaguing the bitcoin home miner right now.

Thoughts?

☷☷☷☷☷☷☰☰☰☰ WAVESTHE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEEDWAVES ☰☰☰☰☷☷☷☷☷☷
DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGEBTC & FIAT GATEWAYSCOMMUNITY ASSETSICOs/LPOS
▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬JOIN WAVES COMMUNITY PORTAL▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
greenuser

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 07:28:47 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2016, 08:17:40 PM by greenuser

I'm not sure if anyone has addressed the elephant in the room here but does no one remember why bitcoin is no longer mined on GPUs?

ASICS

If the ETC community decides we want PoW forever you can say goodbye to mining ETC with your GPU farms and say hello to ASICS within 6-8 months after announcement. This isn't such a bad thing, but we may end up being at the mercy of the few companies that produce home mining gear which is currently plaguing the bitcoin home miner right now.

Thoughts?

If we used a PoW algo like Proof of Capacity (PoC) it would be ASIC resistant.

Cheesy  This is just like Brexit here in the UK.  51% wanted independence, 49% wanted a Federal Europe.  It didn't matter which way it went, half the people are really p!ssed which ever way.  It doesn't matter what you want, so why be angry and bitter just because the world is not the way you wished it to be?  

No matter which way things go, no matter what you want from it all, it will always be a reflection of the people involved.  There will always be doers and there will always be bystander shouting approval or disapproval.  This is nothing new.
This is also about to happen in the US between the Trump / Clinton battle.  How will it feel afterwards?

What is different here is the losing vote, (I didn't vote BTW, i didn't know there was one), continued in a parallel universe.  We have more in common with ETH than we have differences.  The difference being is that the centralized ETH governance is at best incompetent and at worst autocratic.  ETC however is completely decentralised, chaotic, has no governance, and the devs have no stake.  

Never before has there ever been a monetary system with no centralised governance.  Its a world first folks!  
This will go down in history.  This is true Political Anarchy.  Wink

Also:  I was looking in trolbox on Poloniex, The vitriol was passionate.  
First rule of trading, never invest more than you can afford to lose.
Second rule of trading, do your “due diligence”, research, research, research and never trade on emotion.
There were more amateurs than pros.

How they must have argued at Poloniex about whether or not to put a trollbox on the page.  Oh how unprofessional!  What would people think?  It makes people think traders are rowdy kids...  oh no!

Poloniex are laughing all the way to the bank!

sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 08:26:06 PM

When price hit to 1ETC=1 BTC
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: