Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:42:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 08:32:20 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2016, 09:47:51 PM by greenuser

When price hit to 1ETC=1 BTC?

20/02/2020  Smiley

This was on the Dev Channel.  It may interest some

https://steemit.com/ethereum-classic/@prophetdaniel/ethereum-classic-community-dynamics-proposal
I will take some of that nurturing from nature, a good read

=============================================================================================

I got this idea for an algo.  I'm just brainstorming here, feel free to rob my idea, I have plenty more.   Wink
The algorithm is called Proof of Light (PoL).  I'm not going to get too technical here so it will be easy to under stand I hope.  

You know that some people rent mining hash power from Iceland and get the rig/ASIC pointed at a pool of their choice to get coin?  Well its a bit like that.

You see I was going to put solar panels on my roof of my home. You can mine the sun and power your electrical stuff but my roof is not too big.  If you have a big roof you can have loads of solar panels and you can put power back in to the grid and you get paid by the power company (a centralized entity) in fiat .

So what if I got together in a group with others to put solar panels on a school roof in Africa where there is more sun.  The power coming from those panels would belong to the group.  We could give the school an allocated amount of electricity to host the panels.  The surplice power could be sold to the villagers for Etc.  The villagers can get hold of some etc from mining it with PoC but other people will get better tools that run on electric, they will make things, offer services and people will trade.  Life will improve and the group that put the solar panels up will get paid in Etc.  

Proof of Light.  This is how we can decentralize electricity production and remove the costs of transmition and also help developing countries as well as get some Etc back.  We could have smart contracts to pay the group their dividend.  Miners in the villages could pay their power bill via smart contract where some Etc goes to the group, the remainder goes to the miner.  It will take time to grow but it is real world stuff, unlike that dao thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crpto4$

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 09:33:27 PM

When price hit to 1ETC=1 BTC

The price is steady at 0.0032xxxxxx for some reasons.  Sad
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 10:34:09 PM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

ETH devs arent trolling like a 12 year old.

Sadly.. ETC is run by kids, thats why its not getting any traction.

Better trolling than cheating and stealing. ETH is almost a private block chain now. It's run by VCs who make decisions to maximize their profit and Vitalik is a talking head for them. I'm sure it helps to get much traction.

What does it matter what ETH does? You know what would have been real good? If ETC was a serious project from the start.
Im sure we would see the price of ETC atleast twice what it is today.

Instead ANY investors or ppl with money looking into this thread will turn straight back out again with "no way im gonna invest in that chaotic kindergarden".

What does it make a serious project? A bunch of VCs with their money? A bunch of coders working for their pay? A lot of people shilling around on how great this project gonna be? Even Bitcoin didn't look like a real deal in the first years.
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:45:19 PM

Ethf going broke soon.

I cant understand why some guys keep doing ico based in eth.

Suicide

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 12:19:08 AM

I don't know but I am having way to much fun fucking with these morons that still defend "the Robyn hood white hat rollback foundation"
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 01:28:12 AM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

Better trolling than cheating and stealing. ETH is almost a private block chain now. It's run by VCs who make decisions to maximize their profit and Vitalik is a talking head for them. I'm sure it helps to get much traction.

What does it matter what ETH does? You know what would have been real good? If ETC was a serious project from the start.

Instead ANY investors or ppl with money looking into this thread will turn straight back out again with "no way im gonna invest in that chaotic kindergarden".

What does it make a serious project? A bunch of VCs with their money? A bunch of coders working for their pay? A lot of people shilling around on how great this project gonna be? Even Bitcoin didn't look like a real deal in the first years.

Mk several things here fella...first the eth devs are busy trying to figure out how to cash out stolen money and hiding because they know what they did is wrong on several levels, including illegal I know your sensitive about the whole prison thing but it is a reality in their lives right now so..that brings up point number two, the reason it matters what eth does is because most of us were supporters of eth, myself from the start, I got mine cheap and alot of them. Go back and find (if they are not rolled back, as in deleted) the original premise of Ethereum. Now fast forward to altering the blockchain, poor dao coding that they threw the entire community under the bus to try and salvage their and their friends money, white hats goddamn Robyn hood and arrogantly talking about it like they were cool, now denying any part in any of it after getting caught trying to sell stolen tokens (not even a real crypto anymore). Sorry but if your going to defend this horseshit, you haven't been in crypto long enough or your only interested in what's best for you, or your dumb. I don't know or care which at this point. So you can say etc isn't a serious project or call me a kid, I'm tylerderden, I'm not even real, but the fact is etc is eth. We just chose to take control from the greedy and try and make it what it should have been if it were not for greed. That right there is everything this entire crypto community stands for. So good luck winning this argument with anyone but the few dumbasses still cheerleading the "foundation"
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 01:32:10 AM

Vitalik buterin cloud mining scamming before it was cool

Even Homero didn't come up with "quantum mining"

http://www.bitcoinerrorlog.com/2016/08/16/vitaliks-quantum-quest/

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:11:17 AM

is anyone here actually buying etc...or are you all waitin for some stupid whale to pump this so you can all dump your bags on it. lol

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
greenuser

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:00:09 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2016, 05:29:36 AM by greenuser

is anyone here actually buying etc...or are you all waitin for some stupid whale to pump this so you can all dump your bags on it. lol

I'm not fussed if whales come or not, i'm gonna mine this coin just for the entertainment value.   I only mined it in the first place to be disruptive to the foundation.  Now im really getting into it.  Ethereum is going nowhere with us around.  Disruptive technology at its best.  Even that has enough price discovery to make it viable to continue.  Cheesy  Who needs to troll when you can point your hash power at a node running the unforked chain and make enough coin to continue to do so?  CLASSIC!

Years ago, if you wanted to protest you would have to be squashed in a crowded street with riot police all around you, wondering how you were gonna take a pee without breaking away from the crowd and taking a beating.  Now I can "Occupy Wall St" from the comfort of my armchair.  THANK YOU ETHEREUM FOUNDATION Cheesy CLASSIC!

If you mine this coin, hold on to your ETC.  Only sell what you need to in order to pay for power.  It's nice to see some price stability, +/_ 15-20% swings each day is not good for forward planning and costing.

Moreover, you should see some of the ideas I have for “Smart Contracts” and “Smart Contract Law”. 
I hope the hacker is reading all of this, I bet they are in stitches.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:09:21 AM

lol thought you had me on ignore....you just couldnt resist me could ya  Wink Tongue Kiss

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:19:28 AM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

Mk several things here fella...first the eth devs are busy trying to figure out how to cash out stolen money and hiding because they know what they did is wrong on several levels, including illegal I know your sensitive about the whole prison thing but it is a reality in their lives right now so..that brings up point number two, the reason it matters what eth does is because most of us were supporters of eth, myself from the start, I got mine cheap and alot of them. Go back and find (if they are not rolled back, as in deleted) the original premise of Ethereum. Now fast forward to altering the blockchain, poor dao coding that they threw the entire community under the bus to try and salvage their and their friends money, white hats goddamn Robyn hood and arrogantly talking about it like they were cool, now denying any part in any of it after getting caught trying to sell stolen tokens (not even a real crypto anymore). Sorry but if your going to defend this horseshit, you haven't been in crypto long enough or your only interested in what's best for you, or your dumb. I don't know or care which at this point. So you can say etc isn't a serious project or call me a kid, I'm tylerderden, I'm not even real, but the fact is etc is eth. We just chose to take control from the greedy and try and make it what it should have been if it were not for greed. That right there is everything this entire crypto community stands for. So good luck winning this argument with anyone but the few dumbasses still cheerleading the "foundation"

i just read this:
is this true ? have you heard of it ?
http://www.bitcoinerrorlog.com/2016/08/16/vitaliks-quantum-quest/

he calls it a scam

sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:20:10 AM

Etherum looks good.
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:39:59 AM

When price hit to 1ETC=1 BTC?

20/02/2020  Smiley

This was on the Dev Channel.  It may interest some

https://steemit.com/ethereum-classic/@prophetdaniel/ethereum-classic-community-dynamics-proposal
I will take some of that nurturing from nature, a good read

=============================================================================================

I got this idea for an algo.  I'm just brainstorming here, feel free to rob my idea, I have plenty more.   Wink
The algorithm is called Proof of Light (PoL).  I'm not going to get too technical here so it will be easy to under stand I hope.  

You know that some people rent mining hash power from Iceland and get the rig/ASIC pointed at a pool of their choice to get coin?  Well its a bit like that.

You see I was going to put solar panels on my roof of my home. You can mine the sun and power your electrical stuff but my roof is not too big.  If you have a big roof you can have loads of solar panels and you can put power back in to the grid and you get paid by the power company (a centralized entity) in fiat .

So what if I got together in a group with others to put solar panels on a school roof in Africa where there is more sun.  The power coming from those panels would belong to the group.  We could give the school an allocated amount of electricity to host the panels.  The surplice power could be sold to the villagers for Etc.  The villagers can get hold of some etc from mining it with PoC but other people will get better tools that run on electric, they will make things, offer services and people will trade.  Life will improve and the group that put the solar panels up will get paid in Etc.  

Proof of Light.  This is how we can decentralize electricity production and remove the costs of transmition and also help developing countries as well as get some Etc back.  We could have smart contracts to pay the group their dividend.  Miners in the villages could pay their power bill via smart contract where some Etc goes to the group, the remainder goes to the miner.  It will take time to grow but it is real world stuff, unlike that dao thing.

i do have solar panels on my roof cant use all the power on sunny days have off grit batteries. but anyway

your idea i guess is a good one. but
you say you put them on a school in africa. and give them allocated amount.

them have the sun and the space
the group has the money to buy solar panels.
at the moment both are useless
but if they find money they can buy there own panels
and the group would have to find new roofs
why not make them partner 50/50

and then there is the question about the power in africa if there is money to get there is always a bunch that collects it and the masses wont get any (see the roses biz )
how will you aviod that ?

greenuser

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:27:33 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2016, 06:38:48 AM by greenuser

and then there is the question about the power in africa if there is money to get there is always a bunch that collects it and the masses wont get any (see the roses biz)

True, let em go without then.  

You know, where i am in Cornwall, we have loads of wind farms shut down.  We make a surplice of power but there is just no demand for it.  Also there is no way of getting that power up to London where it is needed.  English Heritage would never give permission for pylons and transmission lines to  clutter the beautiful countryside.  It would be cool if we could offer free power to attract new businesses but that would be against EU law.  Everyone has to pay the same prices across Europe, just to make it far.  Renewable s are just a ponzi.  The power companies just don't want to buy up  the power.  

Moreover: if you have enough roof space to make good power, you are so rich electric does not matter to you.  People will pay £50k in my road for land only just big enough to park a small car on (a car that cost £15k new on land measuring just 20ft by 8ft), and use it for nothing more than just that. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2239855/Parking-St-Ives-Trio-Cornish-spaces-sell-160-000-costing-house.html
You cannot buy a car unless you have somewhere to put it, its just that the space costs 3 time more than the cost of the car.

cryptospreader

Activity: 504

askNFTY Team Account

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 06:37:18 AM

and then there is the question about the power in africa if there is money to get there is always a bunch that collects it and the masses wont get any (see the roses biz)

You know, where i am in Cornwall, we have loads of wind farms shut down.  We make a surplice of power but there is just no demand for it.  Also there is no way of getting that power up to London where it is needed.  English Heritage would never give permission for pylons and transmission lines to  clutter the beautiful countryside.  It would be cool if we could offer free power to attract new businesses but that would be against EU law.  Everyone has to pay the same prices across Europe, just to make it far.  Renewable s are just a ponzi.  The power companies just don't want to buy up  the power.  

Moreover: if you have enough roof space to make good power, you are so rich electric does not matter to you.  People will pay £50k in my road for land only just big enough to park a small car on (a car that cost £15k new on land measuring just 20ft by 8ft), and use it for nothing more than just that.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2239855/Parking-St-Ives-Trio-Cornish-spaces-sell-160-000-costing-house.html

What ETC is going to do with this concerns? What lead you to talk about this electricity issues in ETC thread? I'm thinking there is a plan to use ETC. Am I right?
greenuser

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:40:50 AM

Moreover: if you have enough roof space to make good power, you are so rich electric does not matter to you.  People will pay £50k in my road for land only just big enough to park a small car on (a car that cost £15k new on land measuring just 20ft by 8ft), and use it for nothing more than just that.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2239855/Parking-St-Ives-Trio-Cornish-spaces-sell-160-000-costing-house.html

What ETC is going to do with this concerns? What lead you to talk about this electricity issues in ETC thread? I'm thinking there is a plan to use ETC. Am I right?

Africa, Proof of Light my friend!  utilisation of Immutable Smart Contracts!  its the future also the thread topic.

cryptmebro

Activity: 786

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:28:45 AM

You are hard to read. At first I was like "YEAH this coin is going down"...then I was like "wait, he just wants us to sell so he can buy cheap."
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 07:36:53 AM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

Its quite simple.

Act like grownups.  This shitstorm is just embarrasing. Check how they are acting in the ETH thread. ETC has been set in a really bad light lately, due to this.

greenuser

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:37:49 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2016, 09:04:23 AM by greenuser

Charles Hoskinson is on this weeks "Epicenter Botcoin" podcast

https://epicenterbitcoin.com/podcast/144/

Charles talks about being inclusive and progress in underdeveloped countries & IOHK.  
Also, Grass roots governance,  The Social Contract, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, PoW, The Fork, Decentralisation, “Code is Law”,
Smart Contracts, Safety and Correctness, Divergence, Consensus, The Declaration of Independence and Roadmaps.

marQQ

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:42:09 AM

Charles Hoskinson is on this weeks "Epicenter Botcoin" podcast

https://epicenterbitcoin.com/podcast/144/

Can I cloudmine ETC somewhere trustworthy place?
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: