Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:11:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
kamidela

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 02:11:15 PM

ETH constant attacking on ETC is a benefit for ETC and ETC will grow, even this thread is 5x more popular than the ETH thread, 30 days and it has 130,000 views+ :-)

What is the evidence that ETH is attacking the ETC? I noticed the price of ETC is quite stable at the present times.

ETC price is not stable, what you see is contoled price.. They are controling price of ETC and ETH.. If you watch graphs you can clearly see, that there is no volume in trading, and that graphs are almost in the streigh line.. if you watch Candles, you can see, that up and down candles are mostly the same.. as much as go down, goes back up.. This price control is making me crazy, and whoever is doing this is loosing a lot of money.. and if you ask yourself who have money from the banks, developements? There is your anwser..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:13:46 PM

ETH constant attacking on ETC is a benefit for ETC and ETC will grow, even this thread is 5x more popular than the ETH thread, 30 days and it has 130,000 views+ :-)

What is the evidence that ETH is attacking the ETC? I noticed the price of ETC is quite stable at the present times.

ETC price is not stable, what you see is contoled price.. They are controling price of ETC and ETH.. If you watch graphs you can clearly see, that there is no volume in trading, and that graphs are almost in the streigh line.. if you watch Candles, you can see, that up and down candles are mostly the same.. as much as go down, goes back up.. This price control is making me crazy, and whoever is doing this is loosing a lot of money.. and if you ask yourself who have money from the banks, developements? There is your anwser..

Well said, the market depth is also way out at times to the way the candles play out.
Nanopool took a couple of DDoS hits in the night.  I lost about 2 hours mining.
I'm now mining Solo to my own node.  Funny thing, im hitting blocks like never before and have already made my money back.
Looks like i'm sticking with solo until the hashrate picks up or until the EF run out of steam.

Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:21:33 PM

Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering. --Yoda
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:23:32 PM

Well said, the market depth is also way out at times to the way the candles play out.
Nanopool took a couple of DDoS hits in the night.  I lost about 2 hours mining.
I'm now mining Solo to my own node.  Funny thing, im hitting blocks like never before and have already made my money back.
Looks like i'm sticking with solo until the hashrate picks up or until the EF run out of steam.

The question I have is how much hash rate do I need to go solo?  I see estimates of 1gh+ but I don't have that kind of processing power.  
marty123

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:31:43 PM

ETH foundation has suppressed the price since ETC was 0.004 btc

1. There were huge sell walls and even right now.

2. Uncommon big sell orders (520 btc) before 2 days.

3. Progressive sell dumping, selling ETC at a loss, so price will go down slowly. Example: put 1.4 btc sell order at 0.003500, then put 2.45 btc sell order at 0.0034999, then put another sell order for 2.3 btc at 0.003498, they slowly leech the price down.

4. ETH foundation + white hat hackers(so called) dumped about 1 million ETC and it bought price low, and their exchange  accounts were frozen (polo, kraken etc...).

5. Constant fud threads against ETC in uncensored ETC subreddit with bought accounts.

Here are few  of the esteemed ETH foundation members plotting to destroy ETC

When all the crooks and criminal minded people are attacking something that is pure and decentralized and staying true to the spirit of blockchain, the prices of ETC are held back, with time ETC price will rise and will be above 0.01 btc soon :-)
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:45:14 PM

Nanopool took a couple of DDoS hits in the night.  I lost about 2 hours mining.
I'm now mining Solo to my own node.  Funny thing, im hitting blocks like never before and have already made my money back.

Ok, so now you have my curiosity up, I have never solo mined... How does one go about solo mining?  I am using the claymore miner for my rigs.  I downloaded Geth and have that running with the Mist wallet which is now syncing...  So what are the next steps to trying the solo mining?  Grin
Gaglam

Activity: 390

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:47:16 PM

3. Progressive sell dumping, selling ETC at a loss, so price will go down slowly. Example: put 1.4 btc sell order at 0.003500, then put 2.45 btc sell order at 0.0034999, then put another sell order for 2.3 btc at 0.003498, they slowly leech the price down.

4. ETH foundation + white hat hackers(so called) dumped about 1 million ETC and it bought price low, and their exchange  accounts were frozen (polo, kraken etc...).

5. Constant fud threads against ETC in uncensored ETC subreddit with bought accounts.

And they are doing this well. Price of ETC down and down...  Angry
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:49:29 PM

4. ETH foundation + white hat hackers(so called) dumped about 1 million ETC and it bought price low, and their exchange  accounts were frozen (polo, kraken etc...).

When all the crooks and criminal minded people are attacking something that is pure and decentralized and staying true to the spirit of blockchain, the prices of ETC are held back, with time ETC price will rise and will be above 0.01 btc soon :-)

This is ethf people!

Criminal!

marty123

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:53:36 PM

This is ethf people!

Criminal!

Yes they are criminals, ETH is a private company with no respect for blockchain and giving a way for bankers and governments  to suppress decentralization in crypto-currencies.
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:54:00 PM

4. ETH foundation + white hat hackers(so called) dumped about 1 million ETC and it bought price low, and their exchange  accounts were frozen (polo, kraken etc...).

ETHF will run out of bullets soon enough.  The market will decide what to do with them.  All we can do is keep sharing the truth about them.  PandaWhale's article lays to waste these people.  Investors will have to decide if the ETHF and ETH are worth the risk.  

We have to focus now on our infrastructure, our Dapps, our value to the market.  I am pushing the guys on Slack to discuss funding mechanisms for attracting the development we need.  We need to keep the momentum up in that direction, and in correcting the mistakes of our ETH past.  Not living with a view of the rear view mirror.

I would like to see that we can come up with a way to attract the right kind of talent and make sure we can take care of them.  
marty123

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:56:39 PM

ETHF will run out of bullets soon enough.  The market will decide what to do with them.  All we can do is keep sharing the truth about them.  PandaWhale's article lays to waste these people.  Investors will have to decide if the ETHF and ETH are worth the risk.  

We have to focus now on our infrastructure, our Dapps, our value to the market.  I am pushing the guys on Slack to discuss funding mechanisms for attracting the development we need.  We need to keep the momentum up in that direction, and in correcting the mistakes of our ETH past.  Not living with a view of the rear view mirror.

I would like to see that we can come up with a way to attract the right kind of talent and make sure we can take care of them.  

Exactly, we now have to develop projects on ETC, Charles Hoskinson, Barry Silbert, Roger Ver, Chandler Guo and many many others are on the process of making websites/ apps/ projects on ETC, ETC has only been traded for about 25 days, soon we will see all these projects in coming days :-)
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 04:56:03 PM

Reports coming in that nanopool is getting ddos'd again...  I think greenuser has the right idea on possibly going solo for a while... I am trying to figure out how to do that now.  LOL
greenuser

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:11:10 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2016, 05:46:02 PM by greenuser

I'm now mining Solo to my own node.  Funny thing, im hitting blocks like never before and have already made my money back.

Ok, so now you have my curiosity up, I have never solo mined... How does one go about solo mining?  I am using the claymore miner for my rigs.  I downloaded Geth and have that running with the Mist wallet which is now syncing...  So what are the next steps to trying the solo mining?  Grin

OK so in windows...  Using old geth,
Make a .bat file in the same folder as "geth" and put the following code in it
Code:
geth --oppose-dao-fork -rpc

If you are using the new “geth”  i.e. geth-windows-4.0-amd64.exe,  just rename it “geth.exe” and  make a .bat with this code in it.
Code:
geth -rpc

new geth will not need argument
Code:
--oppose-dao-fork
so drop that bit on new geth, but be sure you have the new one or you will be mining eth.

Use this new .bat you just made to run "geth" before you open "mist".  
You need to keep this "geth" running to solo mine but you can run geth and then open and close "Mist" as many times as you like, but you need to keep "geth" running to mine.  This will be your fullnode or solopool

====================================================================================================

Now Download "Ethereum 0.9.41" and install it. This will be your mining software that will point at your "fullnode"

Make a .bat file in the same folder as "ethminer.exe"     i.e. "C:/Progrem Files/Ethereum 0.9.41/Release" folder
and put the following code in it.
Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
ethminer -G
Now run this bat once your geth node syncs. (BUT NOT BEFORE)

This is an easy to follow guide for windows Solo mining ETH https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/guides/how-to-mine-ethereum/
only difference to mining ETC is which geth you use and which flag you run i.e.
Code:
--oppose-dao-fork

When you hit a block you will get 5 etc in your wallet.  It will not have any history on a blockexplore like at a pool because it is new money and has no history.

To work out how often you should hit a block with your hashpower, get the difficulty and hashrate from here https://etherhub.io/home
Get the blocktime/interval from here http://fork.ethstats.net/
and feed the info into this calculator here  https://etherscan.io/ether-mining-calculator

Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:54:42 PM

Ok, so now you have my curiosity up, I have never solo mined... How does one go about solo mining?  I am using the claymore miner for my rigs.  I downloaded Geth and have that running with the Mist wallet which is now syncing...  So what are the next steps to trying the solo mining?  Grin

OK so in windows...  Using old geth,
Make a .bat file in the same folder as "geth" and put the following code in it
Code:
geth --oppose-dao-fork -rpc

If you are using the new “geth”  i.e. geth-windows-4.0-amd64.exe,  just rename it “geth.exe” and  make a .bat with this code in it.
Code:
geth -rpc

new geth will not need argument
Code:
--oppose-dao-fork
so drop that bit on new geth, but be sure you have the new one or you will be mining eth.

Use this new .bat you just made to run "geth" before you open "mist".  
You need to keep this "geth" running to solo mine but you can run geth and then open and close "Mist" as many times as you like, but you need to keep "geth" running to mine.  This will be your fullnode or solopool

====================================================================================================

Now Download "Ethereum 0.9.41" and install it. This will be your mining software that will point at your "fullnode"

Make a .bat file in the same folder as "ethminer.exe"     i.e. "C:/Progrem Files/Ethereum 0.9.41/Release" folder
and put the following code in it.
Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
ethminer -G
Now run this bat once your geth node syncs. (BUT NOT BEFORE)

This is an easy to follow guide for windows Solo mining ETH https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/guides/how-to-mine-ethereum/
Code:
--oppose-dao-fork

When you hit a block you will get 5 etc in your wallet.  It will not have any history on a blockexplore like at a pool because it is new money and has no history.

To work out how often you should hit a block with your hashpower, get the difficulty and hashrate from here https://etherhub.io/home
Get the blocktime/interval from here http://fork.ethstats.net/
and feed the info into this calculator here  https://etherscan.io/ether-mining-calculator

Wow, this is great.  So I need a copy of geth running on every miner or can I point my miners to a single instance that is running?  Also is there a specific version of Ethminer we need to mine ETC?
greenuser

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 06:02:14 PM

You can use one geth on the network but if you have the HHD space, run one per rig

check out this page: cryptomining-blog.com/tag/ethereum-gpu-miner/

particularly the geth syntax...

– To listen for connections only on the local system type:   
Code:
geth --rpc --rpcaddr "localhost" --rpcport 8545
– To be accessible on the local network type:    
Code:
geth --rpc --rpcaddr "192.168.0.123" --rpcport 8545
– Make sure that for local LAN accessibility you replace the rpcaddr IP address to the one that of the machine geth is running on,
 the 192.168.0.123 is just an example

– To be accessible on the Internet type:
Code:
geth --rpc --rpcaddr "x.x.x.x" --rpcport 8545

– Make sure that for Internet accessibility you replace the rpcaddr IP address to the one that of the machine geth is running on,
the x.x.x.x in the example will not work, also make sure that the 8545 port (or another one you decide to use) is forwarded
You do no how to port forward?  Mine field in it's self!

There goes todays crash course in solo mining.  This is eveything you need in these last two posts.  Just need to go figure.  Good luck!
Not giving any more info as pool owners will want my guts for garters.

greenuser

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 06:12:34 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2016, 06:34:29 PM by greenuser

Also is there a specific version of Ethminer we need to mine ETC?

Code:
--oppose-dao-fork

It's all there just read  

Code:
is law :)

BTW @Longsnowsm an unscrupules pool could use your hashpower to mine ETH but pay you in ETC to your etc address....
they would have to give you a GUI of shares in ETC, but it could be done, I think!

Crpto4$

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 06:46:26 PM

Chandler Guo
‏@ChandlerGuo

ETC BEIJING MEETUP

https://twitter.com/ChandlerGuo/status/767781683961528320
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 06:50:50 PM

And ETC community working to promote our coin.

Nice to see this group acting together!

Gogogo ETC

Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 06:52:35 PM

You can use one geth on the network but if you have the HHD space, run one per rig

check out this page: cryptomining-blog.com/tag/ethereum-gpu-miner/

particularly the geth syntax...

– To listen for connections only on the local system type:   
Code:
geth --rpc --rpcaddr "localhost" --rpcport 8545
– To be accessible on the local network type:    
Code:
geth --rpc --rpcaddr "192.168.0.123" --rpcport 8545
– Make sure that for local LAN accessibility you replace the rpcaddr IP address to the one that of the machine geth is running on,
 the 192.168.0.123 is just an example

– To be accessible on the Internet type:
Code:
geth --rpc --rpcaddr "x.x.x.x" --rpcport 8545

– Make sure that for Internet accessibility you replace the rpcaddr IP address to the one that of the machine geth is running on,
the x.x.x.x in the example will not work, also make sure that the 8545 port (or another one you decide to use) is forwarded
You do no how to port forward?  Mine field in it's self!

There goes todays crash course in solo mining.  This is eveything you need in these last two posts.  Just need to go figure.  Good luck!
Not giving any more info as pool owners will want my guts for garters.

Thank you!  I just found this also to complete the puzzle to point to a single running geth:

geth --rpc --rpcaddr "IP address" --rpcport Port ----etherbase "My wallet"

On each farm (windows) run:
ethminer -G -F IP address:Port

I think this will work with Claymore the same way... Now to give this a shot this evening...  

@greenuser Your AWESOME!
greenuser

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 07:01:03 PM

Chandler Guo
‏@ChandlerGuo

ETC BEIJING MEETUP

https://twitter.com/ChandlerGuo/status/767781683961528320

I tell you what!  This man has balls!  He went on Chinese TV and told them there will be a revolution and people will die.  Governments will die. Currencies will die.  People will be free!  It will happen in three years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g0wD5vr7Jg

Take a good look at the officials giving him  the evil eye!
Chandler Guo is a hero

@Longsnowsm i don't know claymore, i have always sorted my own merged mining.  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: