Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:46:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
Crpto4$

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:34:38 PM

Hi everyone,

Participating in the Ethereum Classic community over the last 6 weeks has been extremely rewarding and I am very happy to be a small part of the progress that has been made so far. I'm pleased to announce that IOHK (Input Output Hong Kong) has generously committed resources for me to assist in the growth the Ethereum Classic community. Responding to challenging situations will require a strong community management campaign and I am honored to assist the Ethereum Classic community in their endeavors. The campaign will be comprised of various active and reactive strategies. Active strategies will engage current community connections and seek out new prospects, while reactive strategies will address negativity or other external stimuli in order to keep a positive image of the community intact.

A few strategies that the campaign will focus on.

General campaign strategy and planning.
Collaborating with current community/team members.
Organization and promotion of meetup groups.
Inform the [Suspicious link removed]munity and general public about Ethereum Classic.
Strong, cohesive social media campaign.
Social media content.
Responding to and assisting current community members.
Engaging with new community connections.
Researching opportunities to make new connections.
Analytics of past content.
Analyzing efforts that have been the most successful.
Analyzing efforts that have been the least successful.
Building visibility and credibility.

Since this is an international project I will be available 24/7 to address any questions, comments or concerns. You can reach me via the following channels. (Please direct message me on Slack for fastest response time)

Slack : ethereumclassic.slack.com - @carlo
Twitter : https://twitter.com/IOHK_carlo_ETC
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/EthereumClassicETC/
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlo-vicari-8a2ba5bb
\

Very nice and Good Job.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 05:36:33 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2016, 06:31:33 AM by roselee

Interesting slides and info, I am a fan of ETH/ETC, understand Vitalik's decision as well as ETC arguments. Hard to decide for me.
yes i know vitalik thought "he" had to decide but he sold the project as decentral and autonom.
i do understand but not that he as a genius boy didnt keep in mind that true consensus cant be forced.
thats the only reason why etc cam in existanc. he wantd to have it his way. go through walls an oldder mind would have said ok lets not do the fork. we can deal with the hack in other ways but that would have slowed his porject and like a little kid he didnt want that . that seems to me like a lack in maturnes. and hmm for the creator and now as it seems person on the top of this hirachypiramid of power in ethereumfork a very bad attitude. for a leader.  keep in mind the more power you get the more selfcontrol you need or you turn into a despot tyran you disconect from the suffer of the people you deside opon . thats what happens in our reality this days. if you have open eyes to see.

aamarket

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 11:22:28 AM

I'd say Vitalik offered a solution, miners decided, it was their consensus.

IMPORTANT:http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0,Tips welcome BTC:1AAMARKETmJvfjDwEFmhyYYwfre7ZFVseP  RIC:RGnX6LcJrsVEuYeySDDxkmH7AjRqoprcKt
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 12:05:31 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2016, 12:42:23 PM by greenuser

Hi everyone,

Participating in the Ethereum Classic community over the last 6 weeks has been extremely rewarding and I am very happy to be a small part of the progress that has been made so far. I'm pleased to announce that IOHK (Input Output Hong Kong) has generously committed resources for me to assist in the growth the Ethereum Classic community. Responding to challenging situations will require a strong community management campaign and I am honored to assist the Ethereum Classic community in their endeavors. The campaign will be comprised of various active and reactive strategies. Active strategies will engage current community connections and seek out new prospects, while reactive strategies will address negativity or other external stimuli in order to keep a positive image of the community intact.

Inform the [Suspicious link removed]munity and general public about Ethereum Classic.
Social media content.

Since this is an international project I will be available 24/7 to address any questions, comments or concerns. You can reach me via the following channels. (Please direct message me on Slack for fastest response time)

\

Very nice and Good Job.

Thank you Carlo, It's good to see someone more involved in ETC posting here, this has been a very popular thread and was quick thinking from bitpop (OP).  I have helped keep this thread going over the last few weeks and have tried to collate information for people for no other reason than I have an invested interest in this coin (both time and money).

However, I am a miner.  I mine coin and trade them on Bittrex or Shapeshift.  I have to sell 70% of the coin that I mine to pay for Electricity, the remainder is for investment.  Moreover, I like to become familiar with the latest tech,  
I'm currently mining Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum Classic, Ethereum, Groestlcoin, Burst, Viacoin, Doge and Namecoin.  
Soon I will replace Groestlcoin with Monero once I have my head around the wallets and best pools for my size CPUs or whether to mine it solo even. I will set up a node and a light client and mine some and then send it back and forth and have a play as i try to do with all the top coins. However, I will keep Groestlcoin, (as i do with others like feathercoin) ready to run if the market decides it has legs.

I have give Ethereum Classic disproportionate attention of late, most probably in protest over the way the Ethereum Foundation tried to redefine crypto.  That said, no regrets choosing to type
Code:
--oppose-dao-fork
at #1920000  

But now I have to get back to work on othe coins like Burst and Monero.  Although considered unprofessional, I feel it's ok to get emotional over a coin when it has the ability to change the landscape for the better. ETC has already done that and will be an important player in the future of crypto. I am sure this coin will go far so I keep some of my money in ETC / BTC, as well as gold and cash.

Each coin has its own “Unique Selling Point” (USP) but Burst will be the one to watch in my opinion because it has all of the other coins USP's... all in one coin.  And it is the coin that apeals to the most amount of people that will go forward.   PoC is the future because it is very energy efficant so very few running cost / overheads.  

I hope that Ethereum Classic will one day integrate a PoC,PoW,PoS hybrid algorithm because it is inclusive and will attract more people.
I hope ETC make a coin mixer.  I like anonymity!  Cash is anonyms.  Crypro should be able to do what Cash does and more.  I can put a £50 note in an envelope and send it by Air-mail to my friend in India and no one knows about it.  I don't like how people can see your balance when you give them a wallet address. This is not the way it is done in cash.
Burst got around this by having their explorer only able to search for your wallet from your Account ID number and not from your Wallet Address. So you can make your wallet address public but then choose who has access to your Account ID number. Your coins are still safe because you keep your wallet keys and passphrase private.

I will continue to support and post as i have high hopes for ETC and look forward to the next 12 months.  
You have to remember this coin is very young, has a massive pre-mined legacy, has inherited a toxic brand name, has resisted many attacks, and had no pre-launch promotion... yet it is still here and on an upward trend. Cool!

Keep up the good work people.  Ethereum Classic to the moon   Cheesy

CarloVetc

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 03:57:43 PM

Hi everyone,

Social media content.

\

Very nice and Good Job.

Thank you Carlo, It's good to see someone more involved in ETC posting here, this has been a very popular thread and was quick thinking from bitpop (OP).  I have helped keep this thread going over the last few weeks and have tried to collate information for people for no other reason than I have an invested interest in this coin (both time and money).

However, I am a miner.  I mine coin and trade them on Bittrex or Shapeshift.  I have to sell 70% of the coin that I mine to pay for Electricity, the remainder is for investment.  Moreover, I like to become familiar with the latest tech,  
I'm currently mining Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum Classic, Ethereum, Groestlcoin, Burst, Viacoin, Doge and Namecoin.  
Soon I will replace Groestlcoin with Monero once I have my head around the wallets and best pools for my size CPUs or whether to mine it solo even. I will set up a node and a light client and mine some and then send it back and forth and have a play as i try to do with all the top coins. However, I will keep Groestlcoin, (as i do with others like feathercoin) ready to run if the market decides it has legs.

I have give Ethereum Classic disproportionate attention of late, most probably in protest over the way the Ethereum Foundation tried to redefine crypto.  That said, no regrets choosing to type
Code:
--oppose-dao-fork
at #1920000  

But now I have to get back to work on othe coins like Burst and Monero.  Although considered unprofessional, I feel it's ok to get emotional over a coin when it has the ability to change the landscape for the better. ETC has already done that and will be an important player in the future of crypto. I am sure this coin will go far so I keep some of my money in ETC / BTC, as well as gold and cash.

Each coin has its own “Unique Selling Point” (USP) but Burst will be the one to watch in my opinion because it has all of the other coins USP's... all in one coin.  And it is the coin that apeals to the most amount of people that will go forward.   PoC is the future because it is very energy efficant so very few running cost / overheads.  

I hope that Ethereum Classic will one day integrate a PoC,PoW,PoS hybrid algorithm because it is inclusive and will attract more people.
I hope ETC make a coin mixer.  I like anonymity!  Cash is anonyms.  Crypro should be able to do what Cash does and more.  I can put a £50 note in an envelope and send it by Air-mail to my friend in India and no one knows about it.  I don't like how people can see your balance when you give them a wallet address. This is not the way it is done in cash.
Burst got around this by having their explorer only able to search for your wallet from your Account ID number and not from your Wallet Address. So you can make your wallet address public but then choose who has access to your Account ID number. Your coins are still safe because you keep your wallet keys and passphrase private.

I will continue to support and post as i have high hopes for ETC and look forward to the next 12 months.  
You have to remember this coin is very young, has a massive pre-mined legacy, has inherited a toxic brand name, has resisted many attacks, and had no pre-launch promotion... yet it is still here and on an upward trend. Cool!

Thank you for the support @crypto4  Cheesy

@Greenuser you are so helpful on every communication channel you participate in, thank you. Also, that's pretty awesome you are mining all those cryptos.

As for ETC's unique selling point, I don't think mining ETC is an emotional play. There may be emotions attached to it because of the path that the EF went down but really we have a very unique value proposition. ETC has all the principles that give Bitcoin its value, in addition to Ethereum technology.

We will continue working hard for the community on all aspects of the project, to the moooon!
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 04:27:38 PM

Hi everyone,

Social media content.

\

Very nice and Good Job.

Code:
--oppose-dao-fork
at #1920000  

@Greenuser you are so helpful on every communication channel you participate in, thank you. Also, that's pretty awesome you are mining all those cryptos.

As for ETC's unique selling point, I don't think mining ETC is an emotional play. There may be emotions attached to it because of the path that the EF went down but really we have a very unique value proposition. ETC has all the principles that give Bitcoin its value, in addition to Ethereum technology.

We will continue working hard for the community on all aspects of the project, to the moooon!

Who the hell are you ? A newbie !!! introduce yourself and tell us your contribution towards ETC. We have seen fake people with multiple accounts here.
CarloVetc

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 05:45:42 PM

Hi everyone,

Social media content.

\

Very nice and Good Job.

Code:
--oppose-dao-fork
at #1920000  

Who the hell are you ? A newbie !!! introduce yourself and tell us your contribution towards ETC. We have seen fake people with multiple accounts here.

Hi malekbaba,

I understand your apprehension given my short post history. Please see my previous post (Quote from: CarloVetc on September 16, 2016, 03:44:30 PM) for background info and what I am going to be doing for the community moving forward . That being said, most of my participation thus far has been on slack and other channels. Some forum members from here brought up the fact that this forum was not being updated like the other channels and they were 100% correct. I'm making it a point to participate here consistently since this is absolutely a community pillar that should not be out of the loop. Hope my response was helpful, contact me anytime if you have questions, comments or concerns.

Cheers
Carlo
greenuser

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 07:58:48 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2016, 08:35:03 PM by greenuser

Hi, I have a dumb question. I've been mining coins since 2014 as a hobby, and was wondering if someone could explain to me what the "difficulty bomb" is for ETC Classic?  Does this mean that the difficulty today is the same as ETH if you were mining both coins at the same time right now?  If this is the case, (from a miners prospective), how could you make any profit since ETC is at ~$1.3 vs ~$12.2ETH with the same diff.  Or am I just using a crappy miner for ETC?  Thanks for any feed back, and a simple explanation!...Tuppy Cheesy

A dumb question is a question that was never asked, so good you asked.

So the bomb...  in a nutshell,  ...code that will make the mining Difficulty increase exponentially.  
A graph of such a Difficulty rate would appear not as a straight line, but as a curve that continually became steeper and steeper until no more blocks were generated and the blockchain stops.

It was put there by EF to make mining imposable by somtime next year.  This will force users onto ETH's Proof of Stake algo and thus retire all the miners from their duties of keeping a secure chain.  

ECT and ETH both have the bomb.  ECT can either defuse it or use it to persuade users to go onto a new algo.

ETC hashrate is ~1/10 of ETH
ETC price is ~1/10 of ETH
ETC Difficulty is ~1/10 of ETH (that is why Solo mining is still viable on ETC)

The bomb effects both chains.

greenuser

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 11:15:59 PM

I use Ethminer and I mine Solo.

greenuser

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 11:16:45 PM

I just had 42 posts removed  Undecided

the ones that start

For those of you too shy to ask  Wink   
you do not have to lose face

roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 03:54:42 AM

the ones that start

lol really i had about 10 posts removed.
so all the post with the good links are gone ?
would you be so kind and pm me the list ? i missed saveing it

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 04:18:24 AM

I just had 42 posts removed  Undecided

the ones that start

lol really i had about 10 posts removed.
so all the post with the good links are gone ?
would you be so kind and pm me the list ? i missed saveing it

Wasn't me

alexrey

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 05:00:29 AM

I use Ethminer and I mine Solo.

Ok, thanks, I will look into mining Solo...!

For me it is not suitable to mine solo at this point if you don't have a powerful miner. I still use suprnova by the way.

ICONOMI — Fund Management Platform  ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 06:11:39 AM

the ones that start

just curious to know, how do you mine solo ? What is your hardware ? How many gpu, do you have ?
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 07:25:07 AM

Idea for next wallet release. To be allowed to save data where ever you want. This is for block chain etc instead of it being defaulted to app data section to be allowed to chose own folder where you want data to be stored.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 08:58:03 AM

ETHF celebrating inflation/POS https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/5372mk/37_annual_return_for_staking_yes_please/

Are they that clueless?

greenuser

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 09:18:59 AM

the ones that start

just curious to know, how do you mine solo ? What is your hardware ? How many gpu, do you have ?

how do you mine solo? The links to solo mining were on the posts that were removed.

What hardware?  Modefied HP380 Storage servers with arrays of HP7870 GPUs

How many?  That's a bit direct!  How much Money do you have?

Solo is still ok if you are a small miner.  40MH/s should find a block every ~2.5 days.  But you don't pay any fees to anyone when solo, you don't have to put your trust in anyone, and you get to keep the transaction fees and any mined uncles (uncles = 3.75 etc)

CarloVetc

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:49:29 PM

Live with Tai Zen at 10:30am EST! Ethereum Classic Dev Q&A w/ Marcus Brown @igetgames @IOHK_Charles @IOHK_carlo_ETC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjpfS-XZ0FQ
randayh

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 12:54:10 PM

Ξpool - Updates

Qtminer support as been added. Ya!

Also, we will be moving our Getwork servers over the next couple weeks to,

us4.epool.io:8888  
uk4.epool.io:8888

Please be sure to update your miner configuration if you plan to continue using the Getwork Protocol. Stratum Miners may still continue to use the following servers,

us1.epool.io:8008
us2.epool.io:8008
us3.epool.io:8008
uk1.epool.io:8008
uk2.epool.io:8008
uk3.epool.io:8008

For getwork miners, we would recommend using a proxy. This can greatly improve miner availably and miner hashrate by up to 20%. This also reduces load on pool overall. The following is the github repository of the Epool supported proxy, however many other variants will also work,

https://github.com/etherninja/etc-proxy-epool

The Epool stratum configuration includes the recommend defaults for failover for our pool. Please consider donating hash to ETCDEV. Or change the default wallet to you own.

randayh

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 12:54:55 PM

Live with Tai Zen at 10:30am EST! Ethereum Classic Dev Q&A w/ Marcus Brown @igetgames @IOHK_Charles @IOHK_carlo_ETC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjpfS-XZ0FQ

Cant wait!
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: