Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:40:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible thread topic name highlighting bug (Firefox 47 browser)  (Read 386 times)
AgentofCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 07:49:43 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2016, 12:01:33 AM by AgentofCoin

The last 2 or 3 days I have noticed that when I click on an individual thread and then go back to
the main listings of threads, the thread that I click on is still highlighted as if I did not click it.
Before this, every thread topic name I clicked would unhighlight, showing that no new postings
occurred after that initial clicking.

This new issue, has only occurred for me the last 2-3 days, with sporadic unhighlighting.
Today, it is the worst so far, with barely any unhighlighting.

And no, members are not constantly updating their post, thus re-highlighting the thread.

This issue also seems to be happening the the main section names as well.
Not just related to individual threads.

Anyone else having this issue?

(issue maybe related to a possible ETH Pump DDOS attack against bitcointalk currently?)

Edit: I updated the thread name and waiting for any comments from staff or etc before locking.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 09:44:13 PM

I don't see this. Are you sure you aren't just hitting the back button?

AgentofCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:52:24 PM

Whether I hit the back button or not, was never an issue before.
Originally, when I clicked on the thread, it would unhighlight no matter what my next action was.

If you don't think it is the site or a change in the site code (or DDOS causing delay issues),
what browser are you using? I may have updated my Firefox to 47.0.1 about 2-3 days ago.

It is very annoying and have never seen this in over 2 years.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 10:27:04 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2016, 10:45:00 PM by knightdk

Originally, when I clicked on the thread, it would unhighlight no matter what my next action was.

If you don't think it is the site or a change in the site code (or DDOS causing delay issues),
what browser are you using? I may have updated my Firefox to 47.0.1 about 2-3 days ago.

I believe this is a browser issue.

The back button behavior depends on the browser. For chrome (which is what I use), it caches the previous pages, and pressing the back button would load the cached page, so I would still see the highlight and the old time. I would have to reload the page for the page to actually be gotten from the site.

Your browser may have not used a cache, so it would reload the page when you hit the back button. Perhaps something was changed so that it now does use a cache. Try clicking the back button and looking at the time in the upper right hand corner. Does it move forward or backwards? If it moves backwards, then you are seeing a cached page.

Edit: It may be related to this bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=567365 which was fixed in the latest version of firefox.

AgentofCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:05:31 PM

I believe this is a browser issue.

The back button behavior depends on the browser. For chrome (which is what I use), it caches the previous pages, and pressing the back button would load the cached page, so I would still see the highlight and the old time. I would have to reload the page for the page to actually be gotten from the site.

Your browser may have not used a cache, so it would reload the page when you hit the back button. Perhaps something was changed so that it now does use a cache. Try clicking the back button and looking at the time in the upper right hand corner. Does it move forward or backwards? If it moves backwards, then you are seeing a cached page.

Edit: It may be related to this bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=567365 which was fixed in the latest version of firefox.

Yes, it seems that it is most likely related to my updated browser.
(To answer your question, yes, time goes backwards.)
Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: