Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:00:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The BIG Picture?  (Read 1304 times)
Luno (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 07:59:02 PM

So Greece set the standard for Baill-in's, Australia, Canada so far are working on bills for similar ways of siezing account holders funds.

We all see the doom and gloom consequences of this and also the governments motivation for securing their own survivability in a worst case scenario.

However such a measure have to be global to work. If we say the EU alone implement "defacto siezures" investors will flee the Euro Zone, with the consequences associated, and the the rest of the worlds economy will come to a halt contracting at lightning speed.

So A: World banking have to have complete consensus about these measures also major banks in lesser controlled countries or money will move big time.

B: Don't the banks and our politicians realize that pulling the trigger for major siezures will make the money they grab worthless?

Please answer my OP with macro economic relevant answers, no Zionist conspiracy crap, thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 08:38:16 PM

They don't want your money to spend.  They want your money to keep you from spending it, and to prevent hyperinflation and the complete breakdown of society and their losing power in the process.

It's called an "exit plan".  Their current dilemma is exactly the reason that lots of smart people have been saying for years that they don't have one.  This is obvious because the problem they face is not a cyclical recession, but a permanent decline.  Yet they continue to treat it as a cyclical recession.

The plan they do have, robbing more responsible savers to prop up more can-kicking consumptive stimulus, will only backfire because it will just wake more of them up to the fact that Jews run the world and killed Jesus and eat babies etc, etc...

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Luno (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:11:38 PM

Thanks, something along these lines. However, average Joe will soon start to worry and empty the supermarket. This can accelerate extremely fast, even for a government to handle?

I don't think they wan't to prevent you from spending ityour money, that's part of the problem to begin with, but as you say, they take it from you and use it for public spending, riot control would be the straight forward choice.

Cyprus will unravel the following weeks and be to obvious a warning for most people, and the geenie is out of the bottle!

I don't know if the press is going to digg this. BBC have dug up the details surrounding what really happend in Cyprus, with a vengeance as the Brits still are hurting for being put outside the door in the EU, so I suspect that the BBC has no interest in covering anything EU up?

So the big question: what would be considered safe countries not in on it? Japan, China, the UK, Antarctica?

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 10:26:15 PM

The people in charge are no smarter, and no more prescient, than average. Their only salient ability is that the can convince people to put them in charge of things.

The world is run by the Pointy Haired Bosses. There is no big picture, they're making it up as they go, and they're just as panicky as the next guy. That's the secret: The rulers are just people. They fuck up. And when they do, millions starve.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Luno (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:04:33 PM

The people in charge are no smarter, and no more prescient, than average. Their only salient ability is that the can convince people to put them in charge of things.

The world is run by the Pointy Haired Bosses. There is no big picture, they're making it up as they go, and they're just as panicky as the next guy. That's the secret: The rulers are just people. They fuck up. And when they do, millions starve.

That's maybe right, it might only be a question of damage control and securing assets for survival of government as the only objective.

Damned, we have the choice between buying stale bread with gold or Bitcoin if that scenario plays out, there is no clear way of hedging you family against this. (Being a survivalist in Europe is considered crack pot un-cool). BTW I have public obligations for distributing disaster relief in my community, so I can't stuff my family in our car and take off.

Food prices are going up this year in Europe, thats for sure, We have had floods and a lot of our food comes from southern Europe.

A lot of European Primes have had "talks" with China the last year about trade agreements, borrowing and mutual investments. Thats good from the perspective of international business being the best assurance against war. However tensions are building (not only with you Americans and your governments small games with Iran and North Korea). The UK is making deals with China and Russia. Russia have a gas export pipeline through Iran. Chinese military is training for a large scale ground ww3 scenario!

This global recessions helpfull understanding between the continents, can in a second transform into the last mad dash for resources.

And the price of Bitcoin is going to the moon. And so long that is going on, people are keeping their coins on Gox, maybe not the wisest choice, from the perspective of bank siezures?
Luno (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:12:06 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 09:30:49 AM by Luno

Unemployment figures for February in Europe overall 12%, i.e. 19M people, not factoring in Cyprus coming layoffs. Spain and Greece 25%. Youth unemployment in these two countries 50%.

Overall industrial index in Europe going down. More in 20 minutes.

Lets see what happens to the Euro and Euro stocks today!
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:30:37 AM

So Greece set the standard for Baill-in's, Australia, Canada so far are working on bills for similar ways of siezing account holders funds.

Confirmed. And add New Zealand (of course) to the "confirmed" list: http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/03/28/the-confiscation-scheme-planned-for-us-and-uk-depositors/

This is the "means".

We all see the doom and gloom consequences of this and also the governments motivation for securing their own survivability in a worst case scenario.

Yup, this is the "motive".

However such a measure have to be global to work. If we say the EU alone implement "defacto siezures" investors will flee the Euro Zone, with the consequences associated, and the the rest of the worlds economy will come to a halt contracting at lightning speed.

So A: World banking have to have complete consensus about these measures also major banks in lesser controlled countries or money will move big time.

B: Don't the banks and our politicians realize that pulling the trigger for major siezures will make the money they grab worthless?

Please answer my OP with macro economic relevant answers, no Zionist conspiracy crap, thanks!

IMF, NAU, EU, etc. -- "opportunity". Although, really, all that needs to happen is the US dollar collapse as it's the world's reserve currency. The other currencies are almost meaningless. Sure, you can flee into AUD if you want. Won't make a bit of difference. okay you'll lose 80% not 90%. Same thing.

You want the "BIG PICTURE" tho. Well okay, I rarely do this, but contact me in PM and we'll talk. But this isn't free, if this isn't worth anything to you then it is not worth my time.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 02:15:08 AM

You want the "BIG PICTURE" tho. Well okay, I rarely do this, but contact me in PM and we'll talk. But this isn't free, if this isn't worth anything to you then it is not worth my time.
inb4 Reptilians.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 02:41:25 AM

it's so funny actually because it must become more and more obvious to people that even more centralization (global fiat currency) is not the solution to the problem that was caused by too much centralization (Euro) in the first place.

so the plan is gonna fail.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:37:03 PM

inb4 Reptilians.

It's just something I do to point out that people rarely ever assign value to this kind of information. If someone does not value this kind of information at all, even to the point where they're too lazy to send a PM, they are not worth helping or talking to.
Jobe7

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:35:44 PM

inb4 Reptilians.

It's just something I do to point out that people rarely ever assign value to this kind of information. If someone does not value this kind of information at all, even to the point where they're too lazy to send a PM, they are not worth helping or talking to.

qft
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: