Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:15:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RMC]Ride My Car / Ride Share / Carpooling  (Read 32019 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fuddudle

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 05:49:44 AM

Carpooling has been around for a while, it certainly doesn't need crypto to take it to the next level. But here we are, 21st century. Hell we should have had flying cars by now!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 05:50:28 AM

a lot of references to uber but thats a taxi service this is more geared toward carpooling.

Wiki Snag...

Carpooling (also car-sharing, ride-sharing, lift-sharing and covoiturage) is the sharing of car journeys so that more than one person travels in a car.

By having more people using one vehicle, carpooling reduces each person's travel costs such as fuel costs, tolls, and the stress of driving. Carpooling is also a more environmentally friendly and sustainable way to travel as sharing journeys reduces carbon emissions, traffic congestion on the roads, and the need for parking spaces. Authorities often encourage carpooling, especially during periods of high pollution or high fuel prices.

In 2009, carpooling represented 43.5% of all trips in the United States and 10% of commute trips. The majority of carpool commutes (over 60%) are "fam-pools" with family members.

Carpool commuting is more popular for people who work in places with more jobs nearby, and who live in places with higher residential densities. Carpooling is significantly correlated with transport operating costs, including gas prices and commute length, and with measures of social capital, such as time spent with others, time spent eating and drinking, and being unmarried. However, carpooling is significantly less likely among people who spend more time at work, older workers, and homeowners.

Now, how to tap into that 43.5% of users..

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

VroomZ

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 05:56:29 AM

http://imgur.com/a/2abKO

A poster used to promote carpooling in the U.S. as a way to ration gasoline during World War II
Melds

Activity: 205

Investor / Trader / Analyst

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 05:57:04 AM

Suddenly my friend starts asking me for RMC tokens for giving me a ride home.. that'll be the day

Anarchy101
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:00:00 AM

concept is awesome. If you can make it work this is going to be great project

watching for now Cheesy
mattjack

Activity: 120

Matt or Jack? Why not both!

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:01:01 AM

A poster used to promote carpooling in the U.S. as a way to ration gasoline during World War II

Hey noob let me post that for you...

fxmulder

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:08:16 AM

Hey noob let me post that for you...

Natural resources will inevitably dwindle and initiatives like these will one day become the norm. Nice picture!

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
mattjack

Activity: 120

Matt or Jack? Why not both!

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:12:33 AM

Powerbunny

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:14:57 AM

When can I ride my car?
CoinBateman

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:16:59 AM

They had carpooling in world war 2? I did not know that, that's quite interesting. I imagine not many people had cars back then, probably would have been upper class people exclusively. Why would they want to carpool ?

@CoinBateman | Killer Crypto Instinct
yuriygeorge

Activity: 262

I hate my family

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:29:07 AM

They had carpooling in world war 2? I did not know that, that's quite interesting. I imagine not many people had cars back then, probably would have been upper class people exclusively. Why would they want to carpool ?

In times of war, resources such as oil are scarce and are rationed. The well off could have been doing their part for the war effort by car pooling.

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:41:34 AM

a lot of references to uber but thats a taxi service this is more geared toward carpooling.

Wiki Snag...

Carpooling (also car-sharing, ride-sharing, lift-sharing and covoiturage) is the sharing of car journeys so that more than one person travels in a car.

By having more people using one vehicle, carpooling reduces each person's travel costs such as fuel costs, tolls, and the stress of driving. Carpooling is also a more environmentally friendly and sustainable way to travel as sharing journeys reduces carbon emissions, traffic congestion on the roads, and the need for parking spaces. Authorities often encourage carpooling, especially during periods of high pollution or high fuel prices.

In 2009, carpooling represented 43.5% of all trips in the United States and 10% of commute trips. The majority of carpool commutes (over 60%) are "fam-pools" with family members.

Carpool commuting is more popular for people who work in places with more jobs nearby, and who live in places with higher residential densities. Carpooling is significantly correlated with transport operating costs, including gas prices and commute length, and with measures of social capital, such as time spent with others, time spent eating and drinking, and being unmarried. However, carpooling is significantly less likely among people who spend more time at work, older workers, and homeowners.

Clearly commuters would rather use public transport. The question is then, what of demographic contribute the most in the 43% of trips made?

jaylin

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:47:14 AM

It seems every day that some project raises millions, look at iconomi and firstblood. Sure they have larger teams, but what they're trying to do is not anymore valuable than what RMC is trying to do. I don't see why RMC couldn't raise a decent amount of funding and really compete in one major city.
Powerbunny

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:50:09 AM

It seems every day that some project raises millions, look at iconomi and firstblood. Sure they have larger teams, but what they're trying to do is not anymore valuable than what RMC is trying to do. I don't see why RMC couldn't raise a decent amount of funding and really compete in one major city.

I agree plus RMC is helping save the environment  Grin
loncryp

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:51:45 AM

https://i.imgur.com/bkjyEU9.png
DannyDisco

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:53:43 AM

You realise that Uber posted a loss of $1.7 Billion on $1.2 Billion in revenue over the first 9 months of 2015.

That's a monumental burn rate, raising a few mill isn't the solution, if the solution is to spend it on loss leader acquisition of users.

VroomZ

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 03:18:20 PM

You realise that Uber posted a loss of $1.7 Billion on $1.2 Billion in revenue over the first 9 months of 2015.

That's a monumental burn rate, raising a few mill isn't the solution, if the solution is to spend it on loss leader acquisition of users.

You drew firstblood  Wink
loncryp

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 03:20:35 PM

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAWqAAAAJDNhYjU2ZjRmLWJkODQtNDhhNy04MmNjLTQ5YzcxZDFiOGQ5ZQ.jpg
BCMan

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 03:22:05 PM

I am getting stoked on this project!
toobloom

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 03:23:34 PM

carpooling with crypto... gud luck with this project! keeping it green!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: