Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:39:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: goldsilverbitcoin.com: excellent service  (Read 3760 times)
Chris_1969

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 02:23:44 AM

** Order is still in "processing" status after 2 weeks **

I ordered 10 ounces on Feb. 06/14 @.28 BTC... just before things started to plummet on MT. Gox. I watch technicals closely and saw BTC at a "top" so I made a move to take some profit in silver. Now GSB is selling the same 10 ounce for .41 BTC and I wonder if the price difference is holding them back from shipping to me...

Placed 2 calls to them... first just rang... second time answering machine so I left a message...

Fingers crossed!

Chris
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BuyGoldWithBitcoin

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 08:41:17 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 08:50:46 AM by BuyGoldWithBitcoin

I would love to say this company, GoldSilverBitcoin, is legit. But I cannot.

Back in September I placed four identical orders with four different online stores offering precious metals for bitcoin. To keep it simple, I just ordered one Silver Eagle from each of them:

Agora Commodities
Amagi Metals
Coinabul
GoldSilverBitcoin

Three of them had no problems shipping, and two had my coin in hand WITHIN 4 DAYS, including shipping time.

Not so with GoldSilverBitcoin.

Every three weeks, I sent a courteous email to Justin (who most of the time offers no last name). In response to his constant excuses and professional sounding explanations, I sent multiple screenshots of the transaction, since I was taking careful notes to be able to prove who's honest, to help to protect the bitcoin community from scams.

I sent the bitcoin transaction link, showing the payment was received. I sent the screenshot of his website acknowledging receipt of payment with "Thank you. Your order has been received."

More excuses. Subsequent courteous emails have been ignored. When I tried to call his service number, IT WAS HIS OLD PARTNER'S PHONE NUMBER at another company.

Meanwhile, the purchasing power of the initial bitcoin payment ballooned from $25 to over $160 while he held onto it. I could have bought not one, but a whole stack of silver with that money if I had held onto it instead of sending it to Justin at GoldSilverBitcoin. Now I've got ziltch.

Detailed reviews of the more straightforward vendors have already been posted at http://buygoldwithbitcoin.com

More to follow.
BuyGoldWithBitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 07:40:26 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 05:23:35 AM by BuyGoldWithBitcoin

The review for GoldSilverBitcoin is posted.

Buy Gold With Bitcoin has reviews of online stores that offer precious metals for bitcoin.

UPDATE: Justin from GoldSilverBitcoin has finally emailed me. There had previously been no response whatsoever for 75 days despite several emails on my part requesting status on this order.

It has been a total of 164 days that this order has failed to ship.

If the coin finally arrives I'll posted a full update on that page, and you can see the actual coin.
IoIooIIoIo

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:19:08 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 08:14:47 AM by IoIooIIoIo

Bad news Im afraid

I ordered a 10 ounce silver bar back in December 2013 paid in full got a confirmation email then the games began.

2 weeks passed and no update i called and Justin told me all was well. So i waited... afew weeks later i called again and was told that the silver had been returned to sender, strange as im home 24/7.  Justin then confirmed the shipping address and then i waited again finally an email saying that customs have stopped the package and that he will refund me. today after multiple emails im still awaiting my refund to date Sad one good point is i tested the coinabul exchange and actually recieved my gold bar ( so customs wasnt an issue)

hope this info helps my bitcoin friends Smiley

donations welcome
1CYVLRR8o39Rpbah9xuBsmVBLLX5Fi95h6

Below are afew emails from myself and justin

Hello [REMOVED],

I didn't have the bitcoins. Now I do. Could you provide me with a BTC address once more then I will send the coin over.

best,
Justin
On March 4, 2014 at 6:02 AM <[EMAIL REMOVED]@hotmail.com> wrote:

I dont understand. you stated that you would refund my bitcoin what does the US bank have to do with it banks do not regulate and have no power over bitcoin so technically you should be able to send me my btc from your wallet

Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 01:46:54 +0100
To: [REMOVED]@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Attention

Hello [REMOVED],

Hope all is well. We recently had our US bank account shutdown due to involvement with bitcoin, which has caused operation difficulties. I've spent the last month trying to figure out this issue, and fill out some forms for the bank. All funds are safe and we are willing to issue a refund as soon as possible in BTC. I can call you on your direct line if you would like. Let me know.

Best,
Justin
On February 28, 2014 at 5:07 AM  <[EMAIL REMOVED]@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Justin,

Just chasing up what is happening with my order and to inform you that coinabul has delivered my gold without any issues at customs or postal service so i would like you to contact me on [NUMBER REMOVED] anytime i will answer

**** UPDATE *****

Got my refund so at least that is a good point.

BuyGoldWithBitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 07:05:35 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 04:43:36 AM by BuyGoldWithBitcoin

After 171 days, numerous emails, sending screenshots and bitcoin transaction links, being ignored for 75 days, and then going public with the problems, Justin at GoldSilverBitcoin has finally shipped the single American Silver Eagle I ordered and paid for last September.

Interestingly, he still claims there was no payment on this purchase. I can't figure out how his website sent "Thank you. Your order has been received and is being processed" without there having been a payment made. I received this notice of receipt just moments after successfully completing a bitcoin transaction to his payment address. Otherwise his website would have sent nothing at all, since no order would have been placed.

All the screenshots are there, but since his guy at BitPay can't find the order, Justin maintains that it never happened.

You can see the actual coin that finally shipped and read all the correspondence with GoldSilverBitcoin here.
kwilliams

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:13:58 PM

Byers be ware - this site may be a scam or/and operated by an incompetent seller!

My coins never arrived (2+ months since ordered)

Had several communications with a person named Justin, he could not produce a proff of shipment nor he would send a refund.

FYI, my order number was 3500, paid with TXN ID: https://blockchain.info/tx/afd777d87a104a42b39e5ee99bbb1c3c25d27e9a00843af3458147702db7aba1

Will be regularuly posting this warning here, on reddit and several other forums to warn others.

Note to NSA: please note in my personal file that the above comment, as well as any and all communications dating back to AOL/1993, are wholly fictitious, and are to be regarded as such. The later statement is to remain in effect until reversed by me personally in a waterboard-free questioning.
Chris_1969

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 02:10:44 PM

Chris here... I started this thread... and now it's time for an update.

Eventually I lodged a complaint with Bitpay who were able to contact Justin... who then within a week refunded my 0.30 BTC.

I DID receive a refund!

And a few days later my 10 ounce silver bar arrives in a ripped open envelope through regular uninsured post - the silver was still there! The plastic protector bag that it is supposed to stay in was ripped but the silver bar was still entact.

Regular post across an international boundary...
Uninsured...
After I was refunded my BTC...

So I emailed Justin and flipped out... I asked what kind of a "chicken sh@#t outfit" he was trying to run?!?! Luckily for him I believe in Karma so I then sent him his 0.30 BTC as per the original deal...

Anyone can create a sweet looking website... but it does not mean that it is backed up by business savy and organized individuals at the other end.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Chris
http://art4bitcoin.net
http://schillinger.ca
kwilliams

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:17:25 AM

I’m writing in here to partially retract some of my earlier statements. Few weeks ago I finally did receive my coins in full and as advertised. While I continue to be unhappy about delivery speed, I have to admit that GoldSilverBitcoin in general and Justin in particular have handled the situation well. Whereas I continue to think that I will never use this site again, my earlier statements about the site being dishonest or or/and the operator being incompetent now feel overly exaggerated.

Note to NSA: please note in my personal file that the above comment, as well as any and all communications dating back to AOL/1993, are wholly fictitious, and are to be regarded as such. The later statement is to remain in effect until reversed by me personally in a waterboard-free questioning.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: