Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:10:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way for me to accept credit cards on my site through a third part pro  (Read 1578 times)
BangkokGroup (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 03:02:58 AM

Is there a way for me to accept credit cards on my site through a third party provider and then said provider automatically converts to Bitcoins and send me BTC rather than fiat?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 03:06:09 AM

Is there a way for me to accept credit cards on my site through a third party provider and then said provider automatically converts to Bitcoins and send me BTC rather than fiat?

No, such service doesn't exist yet.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:08:53 AM

Nothing like that, but I believe bitpay allows that service the other way around Tongue

TylerJordan

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:21:21 AM

*BUMP*

Is there a way to do this yet?  I've seen a few sites that allow direct purchase of BTC with CC...seems like a step away from being able to create a link that would have your website name and BTC address that these companies could then auto-fill-in and allow your customer to give CC details. Why has nobody done this...or have they?  Anyone know?

Cheers
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:31:17 AM

*BUMP*

Is there a way to do this yet?  I've seen a few sites that allow direct purchase of BTC with CC...seems like a step away from being able to create a link that would have your website name and BTC address that these companies could then auto-fill-in and allow your customer to give CC details. Why has nobody done this...or have they?  Anyone know?

Cheers

I can't remember it quite well! but i think there was something btcwage or pay something that change your wage to btc directly
TylerJordan

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:02:32 AM

I can't remember it quite well! but i think there was something btcwage or pay something that change your wage to btc directly

I am specifically looking for a means to accept donations on a website via visa/mastercard/etc.   - I'd be fine with BTC sitting in escrow until no risk of chargeback too!  I just want this service so I won't need a bank account.
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:20:54 AM

I am specifically looking for a means to accept donations on a website via visa/mastercard/etc.   - I'd be fine with BTC sitting in escrow until no risk of chargeback too!  I just want this service so I won't need a bank account.

I don't know if like that service exists , i can't remember the guys name but he gets his wage directly converted to btc , so you can search that or wait for someone to reply , his name was something like Elwar or like that
Sorry han! not good with memory
He actually went to all bitcoins for his living and all shit Undecided
moko666

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 04:01:31 AM

there are many companies that accept credit cards but none of them pay you in bitcoins
we need to wait and see if any company launch this service
most sellers want to accept bitcoin and get paid in fiat, and you are asking about reverse
TylerJordan

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:12:42 AM

yes, I am seeking the reverse. I think it would be very helpful for the unbanked who would like to have the participation of those who either don't want the hassle of getting bitcoin just to donate or who are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with bitcoin. I believe this is a huge market.

There are sites that allow you to buy bitcoin with a credit card, so I was surprised that they haven't taken the obvious step of allowing people to link to their site with a code that would auto-generate a pay/donate form specific to the originated website.  

If there is fear regarding charge-backs they could just hold the payments until that risk is gone - a hassle for the receiver of the BTC, but better late BTC than no BTC - at least for me.  :-)

Hopefully someone will get this going soon.
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:20:57 AM

yes, I am seeking the reverse. I think it would be very helpful for the unbanked who would like to have the participation of those who either don't want the hassle of getting bitcoin just to donate or who are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with bitcoin. I believe this is a huge market.

There are sites that allow you to buy bitcoin with a credit card, so I was surprised that they haven't taken the obvious step of allowing people to link to their site with a code that would auto-generate a pay/donate form specific to the originated website.  

If there is fear regarding charge-backs they could just hold the payments until that risk is gone - a hassle for the receiver of the BTC, but better late BTC than no BTC - at least for me.  :-)

Had to search but got it finally
see this guy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=943143.0

The site bitwage can help you i think , or just PM Elwar , he will help you on this
TylerJordan

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:59:28 AM

Thanks, I've sent Elwar a message. We'll see what happens  :-)
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:54:43 PM

its actually something that is very weird it doesnt exist , but i think the reason is that then people dont have to use bitcoins , and they wont even know they got converted to bitcoins. and we have to spread awareness :>
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:58:03 PM

Do let know what happened
champbronc2

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:43:01 PM

No and unfortunately you will not find that because that company can't exist due to fraud prevalence.

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
TylerJordan

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:10:29 AM

No and unfortunately you will not find that because that company can't exist due to fraud prevalence.

But what if they put the received funds into an escrow system until risk of charge-back is over?

I've been working to use paypal or google wallet or merchantinc to accept credit cards for donations, but I've found they all want you to have 501c3 status, which takes a lot of upfront money and between 3-6 months of time to set-up...not to mention having the IRS breathing down your neck.  I've set-up a NXT-asset for donations via bitcoin through (https://trade.secureae.com/) , but that has a very limited audience - most people who come to the site don't know what that is and won't donate.

I suspect there are a large number of people who'd like such a service - a way to go around the banks, paypal, etc.  Suffering a delay to get funds isn't a dealbreaker as not having funds at all is a much worse situation.

Cheers

TylerJordan

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:14:58 AM

Do let know what happened

will do. Elwar hasn't responded yet. I also gave him a link to this thread.
TXWA

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:02:02 AM

Such a service would be very risky for the cc-provider as he is responsible to collect the money from the used cc's and if somebody uses stolen credit cards to buy, they would be the people that sent the irreversible Bitcointransaction but never received the reversible money from the cc.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:14:46 AM

Not yet, but it's a great request. They already work backwards. Price has been somewhat stable lately though (all things considered) so you can just convert as money comes in.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
TylerJordan

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:31:02 AM

Such a service would be very risky for the cc-provider as he is responsible to collect the money from the used cc's and if somebody uses stolen credit cards to buy, they would be the people that sent the irreversible Bitcointransaction but never received the reversible money from the cc.

Why not just use an escrow system until the risk of fraud is over?  Sure would create a delay on getting funds, but better funding than no funding. People like me who are trying to get donations would love a service like this.
TylerJordan

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:33:38 AM

Not yet, but it's a great request. They already work backwards. Price has been somewhat stable lately though (all things considered) so you can just convert as money comes in.

I can't get the money to come in at all without 501c3 status.  In the US - you can't accept US dollar donations (paypal up to $10K, then they start sniffing) without being certified a not-for-profit by the IRS. It's also expensive and takes up to six months.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: