Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:01:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Poor college student builds PCs for charity!" Film at 11...  (Read 637 times)
gektek (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

I rave ... whats your excuse?!?

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 10:06:36 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2013, 09:17:40 PM by gektek

Ok, so I'm just your average, run of the mill, poor college kid trying to make a buck. I'm almost finished with school so classes are getting tough and I just don't have the time to go work for the man just yet. But I'm really good at building computers. So let me build you one! Tongue

I had this brain storm to list my idea on eBay [http://www.ebay.com/itm/281083834949] but I doubt I'll get to many nibbles there so thought I'd share my knowledge here as well. Only problem is, as I'm writing out this little note I realize that most of the people on this forum can probably piece together a PC just as well, if not better, than I can. So why bother giving me any money when you can just do it yourself? Well, part of the final sale goes to a really great charity called Child's Play.

I explain it in more detail in the eBay listing but the basic jist is that I find out what sort of computer you want built, I figure out how much it will cost to have all the parts delivered to my door, and then I add $100 to that amount and that's what you pay me. Doesn't seem too terribly fair for you huh? Well, back to the part about the charity...100% of that $100 goes to charity! ... ok ok...part of that charity is me Tongue I feel my time and energy expended on planning, building, and testing your new machine is at least worth something. On eBay I do the deal a bit differently but if you order a new machine from me here via BitCoinTalk.org; instead of keeping $50 for myself and the rest being split between charity and shipping I'm doing this... Of the extra $100, $50 goes to Child's Play, then the other $50 takes care of whatever it costs to ship the unit to you and then I pocket the rest. Sound fair?

Like I said...chances are you can build a machine on your own and this offer doesn't interest you. In that case please take a moment to visit Child's Play [http://childsplaycharity.org/] and maybe donate or just share the link. However, if maybe your grandma or place of employment or neighbor Bob wants a new machine and you just don't have the time or don't feel like doing it...send em my way! Tongue What's even better, although this should be obvious from which forum I'm posting this on, I ACCEPT BITCOIN AS PAYMENT! I'll also take Litecoin and Namecoin or any combination of the 3 as long as it adds up. I also have PayPal and Dwolla accounts... Wink

Questions? I'm sure there are many. Ridicule posts? Yup, there will be those too. Comments about how its a great idea but will never sell? Bring em on. Just go ahead and reply with something...I like reading this forum before bed...relaxes the brain for the next days studies.

Thanks for reading!

PS: I know very little about shipping internationally. I'm willing to do it but please understand that it will more than likely cost a bit extra...so if your trying to keep things cheap...keep shipments to the United States or wherever the tiny T-Rex sized arms of the USPS will reach as I know some of you service people can receive things overseas just fine...

PSS: Smiling, even when your not happy, has been proven to increase not only your mood but the moods of those around you.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gektek (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

I rave ... whats your excuse?!?

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 07:15:50 PM

But doctor it hurts when I do this... *poke* OUCH! See!

Well, in my professional opinion I would highly recommend you don't do that anymore.

Ya, ok, that's all fine and good...but WHAT IS IT!?!

It's just a bump my boy.

A bump?

Yup, just a bump... Wink

edit: I waited to bump until it got to page two...and I'm only gonna bump it once... So simmer down simmer down Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: