Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:16:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC Crashing - How low will it go?  (Read 3237 times)
Sothh (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:52:14 AM

With bears taking over the market, LTC has been steady crashing.  How low will it fall, and where will it stay stable?

Not really sure why it even bubbled as high as it did.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:28:52 AM

Some people know something you dont know Smiley

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
SRoulette

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 06:09:06 AM

negative 5 cents, people will be paying you to accept bitcoins Cheesy
All jokes aside we could see it slipping back to any of the following: 5c, 7c, 10c, 25c, 50c.

As we get more sevices supporting litecoin and more users the price will organically grow. 

Honestly the recent spike from 7c to 70c was all manipulation, unfortunately many new LTC users took the bait and bought heavily at 70c due to being assured  that they would see $1 next week. Take care and remember, anyone encouraging you to buy or sell is most likely waiting on the other end of that deal to make their trade.

Monster Tent

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:46:09 AM

The recent price increase meant I could afford to buy a car so I dont really care if it crashes now  Tongue

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:18:49 AM

All jokes aside we could see it slipping back to any of the following: 5c, 7c, 10c, 25c, 50c.

As we get more services supporting litecoin and more users the price will organically grow. 

Honestly the recent spike from 7c to 70c was all manipulation, unfortunately many new LTC users took the bait and bought heavily at 70c due to being assured  that they would see $1 next week. Take care and remember, anyone encouraging you to buy or sell is most likely waiting on the other end of that deal to make their trade.

The relation about services and price is true. I do not believe it will ever again fall to 0.20$. Ever.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 09:00:59 AM

The only reason it's crashing is because everyone wants to jump aboard the bitcoin rocket. Except it's starting to run out of fuel.

Naysayers and doubters remember: litecoin shot up from 6 cents to 50 cents after bitcoin broke the $32 barrier and stablised in the low $40's. I wouldn't be surprised if it shoots up again when this latest surge stablises over the weekend.

The age old arguments of 'it's a purely speculative investment you can't buy or do anything with litecoins' isn't even true anymore. Litecoin isn't that different now from bitcoin when it was 40 cents.

Plus remember this, when bitcoin hit $1 for the first time it then shot up to $30 within 2 months.

unfortunately many new LTC users took the bait and bought heavily at 70c due to being assured  that they would see $1 next week.

This simply isn't true. It wasn't even at 0.7 for that long.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:13:37 AM

a speculator's dream come true.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:17:26 AM

Low of 6 to 12 cents coming, and up to at least $2.00 someday.

meebs

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:28:26 AM

As we get more sevices supporting litecoin and more users the price will organically grow. 

after the fork the 3 major alts kind of just went nutty. They are now slowly coming back down to there they should be.

While bitcoin is at least getting more popular and more useful in the world, the alts have mostly remained the same speculative coins that they always have been.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:28:53 AM

Low of 6 to 12 cents coming, and up to at least $2.00 someday.
I'd love to see 6 cents because I'll get more LTCs selling my silver.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155249.0

I also have many video cards I'd like to sell.
Warry

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:56:02 AM

Just a question - Does anyone know where you can buy LTC directly with bank wire? (Ideal preferably)
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:06:41 PM

after the fork the 3 major alts kind of just went nutty. They are now slowly coming back down to there they should be.

Litecoin was around 0.5 before the hard fork.

While bitcoin is at least getting more popular and more useful in the world, the alts have mostly remained the same speculative coins that they always have been.

You can buy plenty of goods and services with Litecoins now. There's even a Litecoin version of Silkroad called Atlantis. Litecoin is no more 'speculative' now than Bitcoin was when it was the 50 cents.
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:30:24 PM

Litecoin went DOWN with the fork. It was around 60c went down to like 35c with the fork. Then back up once btc price also recovered.

Get your facts straight.
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:38:45 PM

Where can I look at good litecoin charts?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 12:50:01 PM

I doubt this will last much longer than a week from now. Yesterdays selloff was vicious there will be further profit taking because of it but in order for it to really crash something bad must happen to Atlantis.
The time where DDOSing pools could keep it down is over.

Where can I look at good litecoin charts?

http://www.ltc-charts.com/
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/
http://www.litecoinpool.org/charts

Sadly not as sophisticated as their BTC counterparts but well enough for most people.
tgsrge

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:50:30 PM

Some price oscillation is always healthy to keep things exciting (personally even though i am invested into it, i wouldnt mind seeing ltc crash again back to the 0.002 nearabouts to catch all the panic sellers again....)

and no, the ~.75usd peak was not completely artificial (as far as artificiliality can even be defined/gauged in the cryptocurrency world, anyway) or the result of manipulators.

As long as there is a healthy volume of transactions ongoing, everything is well.

you should seriously consider checking your facts in the future to avoid making a fool of yourself.

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 04:05:47 PM

We fully endorse Litecoin. I find it funny when I hear people say you can't buy anything with Litecoin. More and more merchants everyday are beginning to accept it. We accept it on our website and we have a vast amount of inventory, gold, silver and jewelry.

http://www.allthingsluxury.biz

BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:44:25 PM

The recent price increase meant I could afford to buy a car so I dont really care if it crashes now  Tongue

Unfortunately I wasn't in big enough to upgrade my car, but some profit was made anyways. Price fluctuation might get people more interested in LTC than just a steady price would. There is plenty of market for speculations.

I'm seeing this LTC price curve is following BTC, but like a last year situation and with a faster speed of adoption than BTC had. Bigger pricebump than the previous one should be coming soonish (maybe around the time of high ASIC adoption, Avalon batch 3 shipped out or so)  Roll Eyes
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:47:54 PM

I had been selling my merge-mined namecoins for LTC for the past few months.  The NMC I had mined would have been worth around 0.5 BTC, but during the LTC rally, I sold the LTC I had accumulated for 3 BTC.

One of the rare times I actually had the timing correct for when to buy and sell.   Cheesy
nameface

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:20:20 PM

Litecoin isn't that different now from bitcoin when it was 40 cents.

I call b.s. on that. Litecoin is a bitcoin clone. It's a back up coin. I bet even litecoin dev traded in their LTC for BTC amidst the $0.70 stupidness. Mining profitability was too high with LTC over $0.50, I bet miners were trading right away for bitcoin and fiat.

My guess is price will stabilize at ~$0.35, and I believe litecoin will continue to be worth in between 100:1 and 200:1 the price of BTC long term, so $0.35 - $0.70 currently. Litecoin has the same potential as bitcoin, but with more volatility (re: relationship is a bit like silver and gold).

The eventual presence of newer more useful cryptos could screw with this price balance, but that'll take a long while. Anyways, many good alt cryptos with different properties would only strengthen the eco-system.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: