Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:44:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ETC destroying faith in ETH.  (Read 652 times)
btcmerich (OP)

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 10:04:18 AM

good news for us bitcoiners,  ETH  dev has released ETC  and that has caused people to lose faith for ETH. I am sure they will jump ship again back to BTC

ETH already lost 10% .

What do you guys think , will it be end of ETH being bitcoins biggest  rival?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2016, 10:12:55 AM

good news for us bitcoiners,  ETH  dev has released ETC  and that has caused people to lose faith for ETH. I am sure they will jump ship again back to BTC

ETH already lost 10% .

It all depends on Ethereum's king and what his plans are for his coin.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
anama

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 10:16:18 AM

ETH already lost 10% .

what is ETC your can share link annoucment coin ETC
what is diference ETH same coin or another coin but same dev
where launch market placed exchanger poloniex or where
when is coin ETC launch
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 10:44:28 AM

I think op is talk about this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=798031 the ticker is etc but the coin has long died or seems dead no trading volume I think there are other reasons as hardfork faith blows over

bitdumper

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 10:59:29 AM

that's truly an incident. most altcoin traders had traded ETH coin and got much profit but now the same traders are suggesting to leave those trades and switch to other profitable coins like gtk or rdd coins. lets see i think ETH will rise again after some time but ETC is seems hopeless

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 11:57:32 AM

ETC is just the original Ethereum chain for the people who disagreed with the hard fork. I think it will survive as there are quite a few people who did not like the hard fork at all as it goes against one of the core principles of a cryptocurrency. I'm not much into Ethereum myself but maybe I will buy some ETC now as a vote of support to keep the original chain alive. Smiley

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 12:11:42 PM

Pfff....
Never believed in those shits.
No coin can beat btc without a true, real innovations.
ETH had somequalities, problem is that those qualities were not those of a currency. Hence people finally understood it was not made to be one!
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 02:20:48 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2016, 03:58:22 PM by RyNinDaCleM

ETC is just the original Ethereum chain for the people who disagreed with the hard fork. I think it will survive as there are quite a few people who did not like the hard fork at all as it goes against one of the core principles of a cryptocurrency. I'm not much into Ethereum myself but maybe I will buy some ETC now as a vote of support to keep the original chain alive. Smiley

This!
ETH -now-, is the hard forked Ethereum. ETC is ETHClassic (original chain with many many many "rightfully stolen" coins). ETC dropped to nearly 1/100th the price as ETH last night. I considered buying a few BTC worth just because, but felt it was too uncertain what would be the final outcome... Missed out on a quick 6x in the process, but I would definitely support ETC before the new ETH for reasons Miz4r said above.

There should be no faith in ETH. When you become complacent and support a coin that forks anytime something doesn't go how the devs planned, it makes it no better than fiat. For example, VB and friends had a financial incentive to hard fork ETH. If they didn't lose out on a bunch of "money", they never would have forked it considering the ETH code wasn't at fault for the DAO losing an ass load of coins.

Edit:
This really belongs in altcoins or coins that have no future sub fora

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: