Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Uninstalled Too quickly for the Transaction???  (Read 1520 times)
The2gre (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 01:11:08 PM

Hello,

I recently tried to make a transfer to an account, however it seems the receiver didn't receive my BTC. I have the mobile app that saves my btc, everything locally on the phone. It's called "Bitcoin" logo looks like bitcoin core logo. When I sent the coin I did not wait for the transaction to be confirmed, I uninstalled... When I re-install the app, it's an entirely new wallet. Anything I can do? Can I recover my previous wallet? Was uninstalling the cause of the transaction not going through? Is there anyway to recover my lost coins? ANY??? Please help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 01:15:20 PM

Uninstalling the wallet probably did not affect the transaction being sent. Once it is broadcast, then the transaction is out there and your wallet doesn't matter.

As for reinstalling it, the uninstall may have deleted the old wallet file, or the reinstall wrote over it. If you did not back up the wallet, then there is absolutely nothing you can do.

The2gre (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 01:54:11 PM

Thank you so much for your reply. So, just to be on the same page, you're saying once the "send coins" button is pressed, an immediate uninstall (I did not immediately uninstall but it was very soon after) would not affect the transaction? That's great news. Hopefully we can figure out what went wrong where, hopefully there is still hope for the coins! Again, thanks a ton knightdk
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 02:06:06 PM

Thank you so much for your reply. So, just to be on the same page, you're saying once the "send coins" button is pressed, an immediate uninstall (I did not immediately uninstall but it was very soon after) would not affect the transaction? That's great news. Hopefully we can figure out what went wrong where, hopefully there is still hope for the coins! Again, thanks a ton knightdk
Yes this is correct. The moment you commenced to send those coins from that wallet
they where put in to chain and are on its way to recipient.
Maybe you remember what was that app's wallet address? If you do, try to check it with
any block exploring site. blockchain.info etc. There you may find why its taking so long to process this TX.  I bet it was low fee...

Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:36:02 PM

Yes this is correct. The moment you commenced to send those coins from that wallet
they where put in to chain and are on its way to recipient.
Maybe you remember what was that app's wallet address? If you do, try to check it with
any block exploring site. blockchain.info etc. There you may find why its taking so long to process this TX.  I bet it was low fee...

If what poptok suspects is right, it could also mean that your fees were so low that the network didn't accept them. The transaction couldve been reversed and you with your bitcoin in that old wallet which you no longer have access to.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: