Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:38:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Catching Dead Cat Bounces With Current Wire-Delays?  (Read 842 times)
Sage (OP)

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 02:24:01 AM

Well the momentum is crazy with Bitcoin right now.

The environment is shaping up nicely for a possible steep correction and then a dead cat bounce back up.

It's already happened several times.  Oh how frustrating it was to see the opportunity and not be able to jump on it because of wire delays.

I move wealth into fiat only when I absolutely have to, and only as little as absolutely possible.  So without a funded trading account, and without any real viable leveraged Bitcoin trading platforms currently (Bitfinex just doesn't have the loans yet), how else do you Buy Bitcoin when you only have a minutes notice?

Bitinstant is not available here.  (And likely would have a delayed price anyway).

Any other options?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 02:56:49 AM

The only way to do what you are talking about is to use my service. I provide PP USD in exchange for BTC or LTC at spot price. It is the only way to be liquid between btc, ltc and USD.
kerstone

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 01:13:58 PM

Current trends are beautiful, arent they? I'm totally with you. I think I am going to buy sunday night. I think well break 100 by the first.
Anyway, I have been very fortunate. I only became aquainted with btc two weeks ago today, and all of my transactions have been perfect. I'm not sure how many people do this, but when I purchase my btc teh one I'm dealing with will set my trade at the weighted av immediately after I notify the money has been wired. Not exactly instantaneous, but damn close.
Just ask for this. pm me, I may be able to do this for you also. With a low fee. Low, just to cover cost and turn a small profit. I'm thinking somewhere around 6%.
Just a bit more, here is my simpleton strategy: I do the wire transfer then start watching the market so when im ready to pull the trigger, its only an im away. Its fairly safe to say one is aware of the environment that will lead to a trade. Using this method, not only are you protected from your own knee jerk reactionary, emotional trades, but you are also able to get the price you want. I suppose i could ask that my contact use the current price vs the weighted av, but I prefer working with the latter number.
As much activity that trading on par with current securities market would bring to the table, (I say this all the time) I worry when this revolutionary concept begins to move through current financial avenues. We are dealing with something that could forever change, and fix, our current system. If the methodology used to exchange this new currency regresses into the ways we now use existing financial mediums, we miss our chance to change the system and then put control back in the hands of those who screwed us in the first place.
Wire transfers can remain in the system, before they are picked up, for weeks. Just get your money into the system first, then you can make quick trades.
The problem I'm trying to remedy now is the opposite: how to sell immediately. To me, this is more important. Without a trading account of course. It really gets me all worked up. If I cant dump when it starts to fall, my investment isnt very sound. IVe mostly just been using btc for purchases, so I buy the btc then make my purchase right away. but I really want to make a small investment, and this issue is the only thing holding me back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: