Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:44:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL news?  (Read 4104 times)
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 10:38:22 PM

Here you go guys, took me a while since Josh can't properly spell.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/632-getting-ready-april.html

Cheers.

Had to put that in my sig.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 10:50:29 PM

We should thank BFL for showing us all how NOT to make an ASIC bitcoin miner.

LOL....lesson learned for you suckers who put up money 9 months ago for vaporware? Also lesson learned for potential ASIC vendors?

I sure hope so. Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:54:13 PM

LOL....lesson learned for you suckers who put up money 9 months ago for vaporware? Also lesson learned for potential ASIC vendors?

I sure hope so. Grin

How many of these stupid anti-BFL posts do you need to write? We get it, you think everyone who ordered is stupid. No point in reading and posting every time someone posts in a BF related thread. There is still plenty of time for BF to delivery and still get high earning for customers. Go find some other way to get attention, maybe in real life. Instead of spending every day posting crap that no one wants to hear. If there's anyone opinion that shouldn't matter, its the person who wastes their life posting nothing but mindless garbage in forums all day.
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 11:59:42 PM

Who ever set up that "production area" is a fucking idiot and does not really understand what they are doing, certainly as regards Anti-static procedures for handling  ASICS and PCB's at the level they claim they have.

Sorry but that is an epic FAIL.........

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:14:45 AM

Here you go guys, took me a while since Josh can't properly spell.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/632-getting-ready-april.html

I like how there's a Franzia box chillin' in the assembly lab haha

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:30:53 AM

I sure hope so. Grin

As an Avalon Batch 1 and Batch 2 purchaser, I thank BFL for not sending network difficulty through the roof, which means more sweet mining for me.

As a prospective Avalon Batch 3 purchaser, I'm disappointed that BFL is not there with a product to compete with their high price point.

As a Bitcoiner, the reality of just one ASIC vendor left standing and holding a monopoly on the market worries me.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:54:47 AM

Who ever set up that "production area" is a fucking idiot and does not really understand what they are doing, certainly as regards Anti-static procedures for handling  ASICS and PCB's at the level they claim they have.

I hadn't looked closely before.

Are those really plastic mats covering the carpet, with wheeled chairs on top of them, and metal-framed desks?

Wow.  When I was young I once worked in an office that was set up like this.  I got "bit" many times a day by powerful discharges, and they messed with the Mac II on the desk whenever they struck. (they would cause the floppy drive to spontaneously eject.)

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 01:11:28 AM

And that color, oh, horrible!
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 01:46:41 AM

I sure hope so. Grin

How many of these stupid anti-BFL posts do you need to write? We get it, you think everyone who ordered is stupid. No point in reading and posting every time someone posts in a BF related thread. There is still plenty of time for BF to delivery and still get high earning for customers. Go find some other way to get attention, maybe in real life. Instead of spending every day posting crap that no one wants to hear. If there's anyone opinion that shouldn't matter, its the person who wastes their life posting nothing but mindless garbage in forums all day.
There is this new technology called tablets, laptops and smartphones (with internet!).

I know, the technology these days just blows your mind. Imagine walking around in life looking at this screen that you tap on...almost like using a PC. Unreal, I know.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 03:25:13 AM

Being "supposedly" this close to a definitive benchmark, I would almost expect hourly updates.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 03:48:39 AM

Being "supposedly" this close to a definitive benchmark, I would almost expect hourly updates.

They should give grnbrg the Communications Director - North America job.  He does a much better job of keeping people updated than Josh does.

Chances are that there'll be no meaningful updates now until after Easter.  Whenever Josh suggests that there'll be an update towards the end of a week - and the test rig's not due to be fixed until mid to late next week - it never happens before the following week.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:14:10 AM

I hadn't looked closely before.

Are those really plastic mats covering the carpet, with wheeled chairs on top of them, and metal-framed desks?

Wow.  When I was young I once worked in an office that was set up like this.  I got "bit" many times a day by powerful discharges, and they messed with the Mac II on the desk whenever they struck. (they would cause the floppy drive to spontaneously eject.)

No. That's a concrete floor and the stations are exactly what you'd expect to find in any sort of electronics assembly shop. metal workbenches with anti-static pads to work on... exactly the same as used in every manual solder line on the planet.

DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 05:02:10 AM

Does BFL uses batches, as Avalon? Can I order some unit now, like go to their website and pay? If yes, at what date I might get the unit?

LOL !

You can pay, (pre-order), but no real asic have been proven to work from BFL yet..  I'confindent they will ship working asic sometime.. but some of us have pre-order in june, with a 2012 October delivery date !  Lots of us expected some delays, like few month, thinking we'll have it at least in jan 2013..  March end we me see a working prototype..

I still beleive in BFL, I've invest less than 1k$.. but will surely invest a lot more if proven to be true, deliverig mass-produced real working asic..

dont forget : never investmore than you can lose overnight !
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 05:34:05 AM

I sure hope so. Grin

As an Avalon Batch 1 and Batch 2 purchaser, I thank BFL for not sending network difficulty through the roof, which means more sweet mining for me.

As a prospective Avalon Batch 3 purchaser, I'm disappointed that BFL is not there with a product to compete with their high price point.

As a Bitcoiner, the reality of just one ASIC vendor left standing and holding a monopoly on the market worries me.

As a BFL 1st day (6/23) purchaser I'm wondering where my 416 BTC went for the last 9 months (in 2 hours it will have been 9 months  Shocked Huh Cry)

As a GPU Farm owner I wish I had my ASICs here to compete with Avalon's/ASICMiners entry so I could put away these heatmonsters as summer approaches in SoCal

As a concept BFL's idea of a small quiet box hashing 60GHs on 60W is a nice idea.  Guess the unicorn blood is really hard to work.

As a bitcoiner who repeatedly tried to buy into Batch 1, Batch 2.1 & 2.2, I must say I'm upset Avalon let some people order 10 units while others who tried (I have an Avalon order number but it was canceled - and not by me) at all times of the day couldn't procure one.  It turned into a Black Friday latency test akin to an Amazon Lightning Deal  Roll Eyes

That being said, I'll keep my BFL first day order.  I will be dumping my 30K minirig, but even worse if I don't see anything in the beginning of next week I'll be telling my friends to cancel their orders (pretty sure the combined amount is over $200k since physicians like weird investments like this).  I'll try to grab an Avalon Batch 3 order (just 1) and then watch whether BFL can "put out".

Either way the whole ASIC thing has been a massive letdown for me.  Especially with absolute detest for customer service and courteous responses to the most basic of inquiries. Add to that the trolling between the Avalon and BFL fanboys and sometimes I just want to shut off CGMiner and play Borderlands 2.... my God what have you fools done!
logicbomb666

Activity: 260

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 05:37:51 AM

Has there been any news out of BFL over the last week? I can't seem to find anything. You'd think they would have a development status blog or something.

To stick to the original topic, and not go off on an anti-BFL tangent that everyone loves to do on this forum:

BFL has their own forum.  That is where you will find any and all "official news."  This isn’t rocket science.  Nobody on this forum is going to know anything that the rest of the internet doesnt already know.... from the BFL forums.

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:31:22 AM

Who ever set up that "production area" is a fucking idiot and does not really understand what they are doing, certainly as regards Anti-static procedures for handling  ASICS and PCB's at the level they claim they have.

Really? I've never worked with ASICs but I had a part-time job for about a year or so assembling and soldering components on boards. This setup is identical. You are aware that those mats on the tables are anti-static, right?
In fact, that's practically the same setup I had.

Would you care to expand on what exactly is wrong with it?

"Are those really plastic mats covering the carpet, with wheeled chairs on top of them, and metal-framed desks?"

Look closer. The carpet ends before the production room. Looks like concrete to me.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 08:59:36 AM

I sure hope so. Grin

someone ^ is butthurt  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 03:26:17 PM

Who ever set up that "production area" is a fucking idiot and does not really understand what they are doing, certainly as regards Anti-static procedures for handling  ASICS and PCB's at the level they claim they have.

Really? I've never worked with ASICs but I had a part-time job for about a year or so assembling and soldering components on boards. This setup is identical. You are aware that those mats on the tables are anti-static, right?

"Are those really plastic mats covering the carpet, with wheeled chairs on top of them, and metal-framed desks?"

Look closer. The carpet ends before the production room. Looks like concrete to me.

I'm surprised to not see a door to the assembly room, and that it's located next to the break room. Doesn't the assembly room need to somewhat clean? Of course, I don't expect it be as clean as a FAB, but why no door?

I'm also surprised to see only 3-4 workstations, designed for one person each, if the chair count is any indication. Although I'm not sure what their output would be, it has been expressed on many occasions that more manpower will be hired to pump out product. The finish product assembly is predicated on how many parts are assembled at the workstations, of which you can't put 2-3 extra people at them.

Somebody else can shed some light on what I've stated above, letting me know if my assessment is off-base.

~Bruno K~
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 05:04:57 PM

I'm surprised to not see a door to the assembly room, and that it's located next to the break room. Doesn't the assembly room need to somewhat clean? Of course, I don't expect it be as clean as a FAB, but why no door?

I'm also surprised to see only 3-4 workstations, designed for one person each, if the chair count is any indication. Although I'm not sure what their output would be, it has been expressed on many occasions that more manpower will be hired to pump out product. The finish product assembly is predicated on how many parts are assembled at the workstations, of which you can't put 2-3 extra people at them.

Somebody else can shed some light on what I've stated above, letting me know if my assessment is off-base.

~Bruno K~

The assembly is rather simple due to the design itself. I think 4 workstations are enough.

Really, there is nothing to worry about regarding assembly. Its the test rig that we're waiting for.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: