Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:05:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin now the strongest currency in the world?  (Read 42156 times)
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 04:20:12 PM

For now bitcoin is not the strongest currency in world because of its market capitalisation at the present value as compared to other currency in the world. But in time to come bitcoin will surely become difficult to earn and equally become the most strongest currency in world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:37:26 AM

After the events of last week.

I was making this suggestion to some folks yesterday, but they claimed that bitcoin is too small.  Does it matter?
Bitcoin has very good technology, so in that way bitcoin is better but bitcoin is in no way the strongest currency, this is one of those cases where size does matter and it matters a lot, but don’t worry bitcoin does not need to become the strongest currency it just need to keep on existing to prove its success.
duranv

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:41:35 AM

In the virtual world I guess it is, it has along way to go to be the strongest in the real world.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:48:30 AM

In the virtual world I guess it is, it has along way to go to be the strongest in the real world.
Yes a long way to go before it becomes the strongest currency in the world because there is a lot of things to do by bitcoin in order to get the trust of all the people in the world or if not all the people maybe the majority of the people in the world. Bitcoin will become strongest if all its plan will become true and if its have stable market.
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:57:20 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2017, 10:02:41 AM by Jaycee99

In my own opinion go and study more about bitcoin. My Answer to your subject is Yes because there are ATM and you can pay bills right? and you dont need to have a cellular plan(opinion) because you can buy a load Via Coins.ph (My wallet that I been using). Also try waves wallet I just download it days ago its nice go ahead and try to study waves wallet I would like to tell you the thing I had heard from a friend about waves wallet that its currency is small that you can earn high base on what my friend told me (please do try to correct me if Iam wrong about waves wallet). But if no one corrected me than its 100% sure waves wallet is also good.

I was making this suggestion to some folks yesterday, but they claimed that bitcoin is too small.  Does it matter?

If people are saying bitcoin is small just tell them try it but if they dont want too its allright. If they do have there time and you also have time to teach them that bitcoin is also not too small . It doesn't matter if they claimed that bitcoin is small there are other people(users) know what bitcoin can do in other country's and if you want to prove them wrong show them and let them know how bitcoin helping you.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:55:19 PM

I disagree. What do you mean by "in the real world"? Are US Dollars not from the real world? And if they are why do they give $2,700+ for 1 bitcoin then if bitcoin is only from the"the virtual world"? I think everything which is traded for the USD has the real value and hence it's real.
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:09:26 PM

Bitcoin isn't the strongest currency for reasons stated, but it is among one of the most valuable.
Yes I think bitcoin is the strongest currency when it comes to virtual currency. But if we are talking about the real currency then its not. Bitcoin was still under the real currency and its usage was still limited.

Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:16:55 PM

yes you are right bitcoin is the strongest currency of all the cryptocurrencies and no one other cryptocurrency can beat bitcoin and it is the most established currency of the digital and virtual world but in the real currency it is not the strongest currency because it is not known by all the people still it needs a lot of popularity.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 05:58:43 PM

I think the strongest currency is still held by USD $, but for the crypto currency I think bitcoin is at the top of the standings in the market, but for the future development bitcoin can be the strongest, because the bitcoin growth is very good and supported by the stable price in the market , I think sooner or later bitcoin will be a strong virtual currency and have a big impact for the economy in the future

Yes, most of the international transaction takes place in USD even at this moment and bitcoin is not a buzzing currency for the businesses yet. There are multiple reasons behind it and I think the main reason is volatility in the price and growth in the transaction fees. If we could somehow control these two aspects then many businesses would definitely use bitcoin for their financial needs which indirectly boost the global economy.
As mentioned even now USD is used much for majority of the transactions and volatility is one among the reason for the increased use of USD. Right now bitcoin is used for large volume transactions which needs a large set of process if done through banking system. Looking this I think bitcoin is one among the strongest currency, with the increased value than most other currencies. To be the strongest currency it needs to travel a longer​ time period.
Bitcoin simply is not the strongest currency, the value itself is not enough to represent it's strong.
The fact shall remain that this is not even a currency that can compete to a legal currency like USD, it's just a payment system which will help us bridge for faster transaction, take a look more on the estimated number of users than the price, it's volatile so it's not strong enough.

Well said, at this moment bitcoin is mere a payment system which provides us better features in low cost as compared to that of with the traditional currencies. Since it is still in beta stage, there are speculators who are trying to make profits out of it (and I don't think there is anything wrong in it), but if we can find a stable price for the long term then businesses would give a try to it but I don't think bitcoin will remain stable over next few years because many people are willing to enter in bitcoin and it will keep growing the user base and thus price too.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:25:40 PM

Bitcoin does not have the backing like other centralized currencies like the USD dollar, so we can not say that its the most powerful with other countries choosing not to recognise its existence and others going to the extreme to ban it but we are on the road to make it the most powerful
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:47:05 PM

Bitcoin does not have the backing like other centralized currencies like the USD dollar, so we can not say that its the most powerful with other countries choosing not to recognise its existence and others going to the extreme to ban it but we are on the road to make it the most powerful

I wouldn't call bitcoins a currency until it is accepted by the a lot of the Major Countries in the world or the some key members of the G20. If they do that i think it is going to devalue the currency and it remains to be seen if its going to be a strong currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:20:00 PM

In my own opinion and study of bitcoin. My Answer to your subject is Yes because there are ATM and you can pay bills right? and you dont need to have a cellular plan(opinion) because you can buy a load Via Coins.ph (My wallet that I been using).
Maybe you can pay your bills with Bitcoin, but I can't. Bitcoin isn't accepted by most governments even as an alternative form of payment. If you want to pay bills, taxes, or pay any institutional fees, like in court, you have to use fiat.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 07:20:51 PM

The "backing" that fiat currencies receive nowadays is pretty shaky overall

Basically, this backing comes down to governments not printing too much money and accepting it as a means of payment for "all taxes, public duties and debts". What happens when a government backs off from this, you can see by the example of the Zimbabwean dollar. It is conceptually the same with any other fiat currency out there, and the US dollar is in no way an exception to this universal rule. Bitcoin is certainly not the strongest currency in the world, very far from that actually, but the reasons are completely different

carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:25:57 PM

I disagree. What do you mean by "in the real world"? Are US Dollars not from the real world? And if they are why do they give $2,700+ for 1 bitcoin then if bitcoin is only from the"the virtual world"? I think everything which is traded for the USD has the real value and hence it's real.
yes USD is a physical currency and has great value therefore it is a real currency, bitcoin can also be count as real currency because it also has value, but in fact bitcoin has now physical body therefore some people call  it as virtual, but I thin virtual is not a suitable word for it I think it is better to call it as digital currency, because  we can use bitcoin with the help of computer and internet, so crypto currency or digital currency is suitable name for bitcoin.
whizter

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:50:09 PM

bitcoin is now getting a great support from their users, and hope that very soon it also get the support of different states and governments like Japan because most of the states are going to legalize bitcoin, although bitcoin is currently not the strongest currency of the world, but if we compare it with other cyrpto currencies then it is the strongest currency, and i can expect that very soon it will even become the strongest currency of the world, when people will adopt it.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
Adbitco

Activity: 1414
Merit: 650

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 10:28:32 PM

Bitcoin may not be the strongest currency in the world but it has all that which can make it the strongest and most sought after currency of the world. Bitcoin is still new and in it's development stages. Bitcoin is a revolution and a lot more people have still to become part of it and it's to be introduced to a lots more people. Bitcoin certainly gaining huge popularity day by day and all this together will definitely make it a strongest currency.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:53:07 PM

Bitcoin is not the strongest currency in the world because it needs a lot more money on its market capitalization to say that it is the strongest currency because there is still a lot of currencies that are standing out aside from bitcoin so it is clear that  bitcoin is not the best or strongest and it is still need to prove itself.
Yes it do not have much money in it and not much people invested but as it is the initial stage of it that is why we are seeing it when it will take some more time then we will see the base of it more stronger.
ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:57:31 PM

Bitcoin has very good technology, so in that way bitcoin is better but bitcoin is in no way the strongest currency, this is one of those cases where size does matter and it matters a lot, but don’t worry bitcoin does not need to become the strongest currency it just need to keep on existing to prove its success.
I agree with the point that the technology of bitcoin is very much effective and working with more efficiency so with that steps we can believe that one day bitcoin will be the strongest currency of the world and will be the ruler of all of the currencies and will be used as a global currency for world businesses.
neon_colors01

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:28:28 AM

No it isn't.
It's still gold and fiat.
But it would be because bitcoin is new.

It has been popular nowadays
and there are lots of supporters
So someday it would have the potential to become strong.
Jikalau

Activity: 241

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:45:36 AM

Bitcoin isn't the strongest currency for reasons stated, but it is among one of the most valuable.
Yes bitcoin is not a valid money but it is not the most expensive but the most expensive.
If bitcoin is a currency then bitcoin can be the currency of a country.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: