Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:30:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin now the strongest currency in the world?  (Read 42121 times)
Bowly88

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:46:26 AM

Nope, it wouldn't take a whole lot to get the numbers to start going down (compared to other currencies).
Yes it is not the strongest currency, because not all people are using it, not all people know that this currency exist. So conpared to old currency like paper currency or even gold are stonger than bitcoin I think. But if everyone are starting to use this, I vet this will be a strong currency. Stronger than any other altcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gastotade

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:34:44 AM

Nope, it wouldn't take a whole lot to get the numbers to start going down (compared to other currencies).
Yes it is not the strongest currency, because not all people are using it, not all people know that this currency exist. So conpared to old currency like paper currency or even gold are stonger than bitcoin I think. But if everyone are starting to use this, I vet this will be a strong currency. Stronger than any other altcoins.

Soon many will be aware that bitcoin exist,it is not popular yet since only few countries implemented it ,and only few facilities made for it. When businessmen already set their mind on putting facilities little by little it will be known and can be a stronger currency.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 11:53:41 AM

I think that folks doesnt know the power of bitcoin. Bitcoin is potential breakthrough now and in the future as well. The price is regardless of current situation and it shouldn't be mixed up in the future. It will rise surely in the future and after the corrections are being made. People are unaware of these things but when they become one they will start working on it too. But that would be probably late for them to get started.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:00:55 PM

After the events of last week.

I was making this suggestion to some folks yesterday, but they claimed that bitcoin is too small.  Does it matter?
Whatever the people say about the Bitcoin but reality can't be hide by saying just few words about Bitcoin , the main reason about this is that you can't make trade at any exchange easily without Bitcoin and also few of the exchange only offers to buy altcoins with only Bitcoin medium , so how those people are saying Bitcoin is small .
May be few people can feel that Bitcoin is no more powerful go up because already the price is at high , but still here Bitcoin is more powerful for the future growth because Bitcoin has the legality to be use by the people to use in the country to country but another altcoins doesn't have .
So how can we believe btc is small , just ignore such type of people and get into btc with trust and don't think negative .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:15:57 PM

There can be multiple different factors other than how many people are using and how many people are aware of it to measure a strongest currency. I mean to say the concepts are more important to conclude a currency is stronger or not and not just the user base. This way I am very confident and believing bitcoin must be the strongest currency so for in human history.

Because we had never got such a decentralized system with the all economical development. This type of new revolution concepts makes bitcoin as strongest a currency in my opinion.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 01:07:31 PM

See how the prices are diving now. Bitcoin has lost more than 30% of its value during the last 3 days, and I believe that by August 1, we will be ready to witness exchange rates below $1,000 per coin. Strong currencies don't get decimated like this.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 01:08:50 PM

I think that folks doesnt know the power of bitcoin. Bitcoin is potential breakthrough now and in the future as well. The price is regardless of current situation and it shouldn't be mixed up in the future. It will rise surely in the future and after the corrections are being made. People are unaware of these things but when they become one they will start working on it too. But that would be probably late for them to get started.
Bitcoin to be one of the world's economic forces today. We all have known bitcoin in 2009 and now there are still many who do not know bitcoin, I think they are the less fortunate. They eliminate the opportunity to use bitcoin in a long time. yes bitcoin will always be in demand at the moment and will be one of the most major currencies, just look at the current price of bitcoin was at 2000USD rates and some time ago had touched 2800USD.
SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 02:29:10 PM

Yes it’s not yet the strongest currency today but it has a potential that it will be better than any currency in the future. Bitcoin must be popular to each country before that and it bad perspective must be erase in order to embrace it by the government. It’s not yet very popular as other currency but it’s strong that any currency don't have.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:19:38 PM

I do not think so. The USD is still being used in many countries and the USA know how to supply and help other countries with their force and money. Therefore, we can see USD in almost countries on the world. Bitcoin is new and it is not used by many people yet. Bitcoin needs more time to develop and make more people to pay attention to it

I agree. We are still too far from the point when all the people in the world would know bitcoin and were using it. But we are going in that direction step by step. Slowly but surely.

Bitcoin is the strongest currency in the world. The sooner one realises this the better for them.
It’s good that bitcoin is expending day by day and making its place in the world economy. However bitcoin is still ways far from to be known as the world strongest currency.

It will take decades and more improvements need to be brought in the bitcoin which could make it the strongest economy of the world. It can’t be said that bitcoin will become the strongest currency of the world over the night.
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:07:52 PM

Here is definition of strong with one simple question:

In approximately 5 years from today (year 2022) you need to spend money on one of the following big ticket items. In your account which would you rather hold a certain amount of: fiat currency (ie USD EUR INR CNY) or Bitcoin?

-Paying one full year worth of apartment/house rent in an expensive city in your country
-Affording healthcare/hospital expense for someone in your family
-Moving to another country and paying related costs
-Paying for higher education at a nice school for a family member
-Helping start a business and pay labor costs for yourself or friend/family

jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:38:59 PM

definitely not the strongest, transaction time is way too slow for any practical purposes. could you imagine standing in a store for 2 hours for your payment to clear?

I think if you are talking about transaction, it is not related about being strong but the efficiency of the digital currency. Bitcoin is said to be strong because it has a lot of users and supporters, even many people are earning other digital currency, they are just using it to convert it on bitcoin. So, as a digital currency bitcoin is the strongest.
Bitcoin is the strongest of the cryptocurrency because almost all the alts depend upon the bitcoin and the price increase and decrease of the bitcoin has a great impact on the price of the alts. So, this makes bitcoin the strongest currency of the crypto world.

But when talking about the world’s currency and the ranking of bitcoin in front of these currencies is still too behind, bitcoin is a progressing currency and not known in many places in the world yet.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:53:21 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2017, 03:03:18 AM by MMA

Bitcoin to be one of the world's economic forces today. We all have known bitcoin in 2009 and now there are still many who do not know bitcoin, I think they are the less fortunate. They eliminate the opportunity to use bitcoin in a long time. yes bitcoin will always be in demand at the moment and will be one of the most major currencies, just look at the current price of bitcoin was at 2000USD rates and some time ago had touched 2800USD.
to me currently i do not think that bitcoin number one currency of the world but  in crypto world it is really  number one currency of the crypto world. i think in future bitcoin will be the number currency of the world when all the people of the world start using bitcoin.i am sure that the bitcoin users are increasing from time time and hope that very soon bitcoin will have a good community.
centralbanksequalsbombs

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:14:36 AM

definitely not the strongest, transaction time is way too slow for any practical purposes. could you imagine standing in a store for 2 hours for your payment to clear?

I think if you are talking about transaction, it is not related about being strong but the efficiency of the digital currency. Bitcoin is said to be strong because it has a lot of users and supporters, even many people are earning other digital currency, they are just using it to convert it on bitcoin. So, as a digital currency bitcoin is the strongest.
Bitcoin is the strongest of the cryptocurrency because almost all the alts depend upon the bitcoin and the price increase and decrease of the bitcoin has a great impact on the price of the alts. So, this makes bitcoin the strongest currency of the crypto world.

But when talking about the world’s currency and the ranking of bitcoin in front of these currencies is still too behind, bitcoin is a progressing currency and not known in many places in the world yet.

Oh, so does that mean today, you'd rather keep in your account to hold for five years either Indian Rupees or US Dollars?? And not Bitcoin??

That in five years, your fiat will be better enabling you to afford the cost of:

-Paying one full year worth of apartment/house rent in an expensive city in your country, or
-Affording healthcare/hospital expense for someone in your family, or
-Moving to another country and paying related costs, or
-Paying for higher education at a nice school for a family member, or

kelceyott

Activity: 192

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:24:34 AM

I was making this suggestion to some folks yesterday, but they claimed that bitcoin is too small.  Does it matter?
The bitcoin network extends all over the world. But I think this is not the strongest currency in the world. To do this is a problem, the current bitcoin has a place in the electronic money market has not been through the daily life.

centralbanksequalsbombs

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:48:21 AM

The bitcoin network extends all over the world. But I think this is not the strongest currency in the world. To do this is a problem, the current bitcoin has a place in the electronic money market has not been through the daily life.

So...your daily iife will never have any of the following 5 years from today?

-Paying one full year worth of apartment/house rent in an expensive city in your country, or

-Affording healthcare/hospital expense for someone in your family, or

-Moving to another country and paying related costs, or

-Paying for higher education at a nice school for a family member, or

That your choice today is to ignore Bitcoin for your account and just keep with Indian Ruppee or US Dollars or Euro, current fiat for your daily life needs for the years to come.

Just so everyone is clear on what you are saying.

TonixGaming_14

Activity: 329

AGATE

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:01:38 AM

Absolutely the strongest. I mean, what else could lose 50% of its value overnight and still be 30x more valuable than the next "strongest" currency?

I agree.  Hopefully, more people will realize its importance. 
I agree, it depend its demand of buying price of the money.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:18:15 AM

I agree Bitcoin isn't the strongest currency in the world. I believe dolar still rules the world. Most Bitcoin investors and holders are choosing this as an investment thinking on fiat returns that are huge. They buy Bitcoins thinking in selling it very expensive to get more fiat than they had before to buy things they couldn't buy so fast by investing in real world with banks as middlemen for an example.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:30:50 AM

See how the prices are diving now. Bitcoin has lost more than 30% of its value during the last 3 days, and I believe that by August 1, we will be ready to witness exchange rates below $1,000 per coin. Strong currencies don't get decimated like this.
It proves that bitcoin is not strong enough, look when something happens to bitcoin and when panic happens many users make a sale and it makes bitcoin prices go down very deep. That's enough to prove that bitcoin is not strong yet. Maybe time will tell when bitcoin will be strong enough
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:38:20 AM

I think for now butcoin is not yet the strongest currency in the world because it is not yet known to all people and countries and also many countries still not recognize and accept bitcoin as currency so i think bitcoin is not yet the strongest currency in the world. I think dollar is still superior and more influential.
RajaJudi

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

Less is more

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:15:24 PM

I think for now butcoin is not yet the strongest currency in the world because it is not yet known to all people and countries and also many countries still not recognize and accept bitcoin as currency so i think bitcoin is not yet the strongest currency in the world. I think dollar is still superior and more influential.
it is not about the recognization or the adoption. Bitcoin is the strongest currency on this planet because it is based on the computer and the internet while other currencies are still being used by paypal and controlled by the government. With Bitcoin, we can create our own freedom

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: