Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:40:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin now the strongest currency in the world?  (Read 42116 times)
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:03:53 AM

Bitcoin now is the strongest cryptocurrency in the world. It is the on top 1 of the biggest volume market cap in all coins and 24 hour volume is $700000000+ so I think that there is no chances of ethereum or ripple to overtake bitcoin market cap unless if it will disappear or rich its limit.
In the world of cryptocurrencies bitcoin has no rival, but that was never the objective of bitcoin, bitcoin has an objective to help people to regain their autonomy with a currency that completely belongs to them, bitcoin objective is to be an option to fiat currencies, not necessarily to surpass them but to allow you to opt out of them if you want.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2926
Merit: 597

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:41:36 AM

Bitcoin is now the most powerful e-currency, but many still doubt it to join because it can not be touched and can not be used without the Internet. Perhaps in a few years something will change.

I believe it is the strongest currency in the world now. Together with it's price increase no doubt that it is making the value and worth of bitcoin as the strongest currency of them all. Alt coins are there but still there are no one that is able to surpass bitcoin's popularity and usage from the people always prefer with bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
yrreg ger

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:01:34 AM

Nope, it wouldn't take a whole lot to get the numbers to start going down (compared to other currencies).

As much as it pains me to say it, this is the truth.

Now, it does have the capability to become the strongest, so do take that into account.
I agree. Even it has high market value, it can't be the greatest currency. Only a part of the world accepts bitcoin. It doesn't even legal in some countries. It can only be the strongest if after it has been legalized in every country of the world it retains its value and can be used for offline transactions in other word, in every day living
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:36:44 AM

Nope, it wouldn't take a whole lot to get the numbers to start going down (compared to other currencies).

Now, it does have the capability to become the strongest, so do take that into account.
I agree. Even it has high market value, it can't be the greatest currency. Only a part of the world accepts bitcoin. It doesn't even legal in some countries. It can only be the strongest if after it has been legalized in every country of the world it retains its value and can be used for offline transactions in other word, in every day living
Bitcoin will never become the strongest currency in the world because a lot of the people still uses fiat currency and the governments from different countries will not allow bitcoin to become the strongest or even most used currency because it will be the cause for the fall of fiat currency in the world.
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1043
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:50:52 AM

It is the greatest crypto currency that I`ve ever known. My country  provides more value on BTC in other countries. But people are need to know that this is now the future, No doubts payments now are being wired through saome apps on phone to send money and it will also have the value to exchange it on our fiat.

freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:22:06 PM

Bitcoin will never become the strongest currency in the world because a lot of the people still uses fiat currency and the governments from different countries will not allow bitcoin to become the strongest or even most used currency because it will be the cause for the fall of fiat currency in the world.

I wouldn't say never. It's currently very far from being the strongest currency in the world. But the growth that it's experiencing is exponential, so over let's say a couple decades, it does have potential. Right now I'd say the USD is the strongest currency by far. Pretty much accepted worldwide and they could print bitcoins entire market cap in a month without any effect on fx (which they already did for years).
btcjocan

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:48:03 PM

I wouldn't say never. It's currently very far from being the strongest currency in the world. But the growth that it's experiencing is exponential, so over let's say a couple decades, it does have potential. Right now I'd say the USD is the strongest currency by far. Pretty much accepted worldwide and they could print bitcoins entire market cap in a month without any effect on fx (which they already did for years).
I agree on that. For now, it isn't bitcoin's opportunity to outshine. USD has everything for many years already but btc has not that many to prove yet right await but always keep your pride low to people around you no matter what circumstance you will experience someday. Keep holding on.
Cazkys

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 10:56:14 AM

It’s not even considered legal tender by some of the world. But I do believe, given time and information dissemination, that Bitcoin can surpass the strong currencies that rule the money market. Dollar, Yuan, and everything in between will be forced to give way to Bitcoin when the time comes that it will take the throne of being the strongest currency in the world.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:09:10 AM

I don't think be small is important as bitcoin has proves to be a force that will determine future of money and future financial system. Though your friend see bitcoin as been small but the idea behind it is great, large, powerful and good. Like bill gate said "Nothing that can stop bitcoin not to realize its potential" bitcoin look small but has a great potential and many World leaders has started to understand it and very soon bitcoin will go mainstream.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:38:06 AM

Most of centralized currencies always under pressure bt federal banks. Goverment not allow too strong currencies.
Bitcoin price will rise cause its only demand/supply based. And yes after few years we will see that 1 satoshi=1cent
Pasutinmeur

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:42:00 AM

Most of centralized currencies always under pressure bt federal banks. Goverment not allow too strong currencies.
Bitcoin price will rise cause its only demand/supply based. And yes after few years we will see that 1 satoshi=1cent

What do you mean about under pressure from the federal bank? Do you refer to the SEC? But my thought that the SEC just try to make the more action to prevent the wall street try to invest in altcoin. I mean the SEC already claimed that crypto is really dangerous.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Aztek

Activity: 423

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:43:22 AM

Absolutely the strongest. I mean, what else could lose 50% of its value overnight and still be 30x more valuable than the next "strongest" currency?

Just because a btc is worth U$S 70 does not make it the strongest currency.
the dollar has a market capitalization worth trillions and widely accepted, that's a strong currency.
BTC is not even close to be there. BTC is not even close to be comparable to a weak currency of a third world country yet, however, due to its characteristics it has the potential to become a very strong currency due to its features.
It's not there yet.

I also see the point that the price of bitcoin is based on the price of fiat which is dollar so it means having the exchange price of each bitcoin on the world does not give an option for bitcoin to be a strongest currency yet it has an ability and the capability t o develop more and to become a universal currency for all type of currency with value. Which can be a solution for a more faster and reliable form of transaction. And it can also serve as a wider scope investment for many who make profit to bitcoin.
Alice Nuttal

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:28:33 PM

Bitcoin is far from being the strongest currency in the world. But it is definitely the strongest cryptocurrency. And I don’t think it’s appropriate to compare the volatility of fiat to that of crypto and conclude that fiat is stronger. Volatility is a feature of every cryptocurrency, due to the fact that it is a completely new notion in the finances.
Hamphser

Activity: 2436
Merit: 324

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:38:26 PM

It wont be considered as strongest currency because it is on different classification or category knowing that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency on which it is a great innovation but considering as a currency we cant still say such thing because its not yet being considered and also government wont really allow such thing because they dont really like a decentralized thing.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:43:30 PM

Bitcoin has huge value as well potencial, but we all know that the most strongest currency still being dollars, because this is the currencie used to import/export over the world, soo bitcoin has bigger value the others currencies but isnt used for anything else besides trades, and few investments, nothing that could reach dollar power and interest.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:51:33 PM

I think bitcoin is not yet the strongest currency in the world but there is a big possibility that it can be the strongest..bitcoin is now widely use and it became more popular as time passes by..it's value also continue to grow so I guess in later time bitcoin can replace dollar as the strongest currency.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:02:14 PM

After the events of last week.

I was making this suggestion to some folks yesterday, but they claimed that bitcoin is too small.  Does it matter?

When you talk about crypto currency, I would agree that BTC is the strongest currency in the world. Bitcoin already claimed it's place in crypto currency, it's so famous, there's a lot of investment, and it keeps growing as days pass by. No one knows until when and how much will it grow. Bitcoin started with a price of less than a dollar and just look how much it is now. So, I guess no need to add more whether BTC is the strongest or not.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:24:51 PM

it is true regarding the cryptocurrency but not all sector of money. Bitcoin is playing the pioneering role of the cryptocurrency platform. but it is not accepted everywhere around the world. when it will be legalized in the every country then I assure you that Bitcoin will become the strongest currency in the world.
Casmania

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:39:28 PM

After the events of last week.

I was making this suggestion to some folks yesterday, but they claimed that bitcoin is too small.  Does it matter?
Yes it does. The numbers aren't that big but the potential for bitcoin to grow stronger in the next years are high.
N1ghtcr4wl3r

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:01:00 PM

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoins-performance-against-other-currencies-in-2016-2017-1

And this data is for the period when BTC was still under $1000  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: