Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:08:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the price of Batch 3?  (Read 4307 times)
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 09:10:34 PM

For those of you complaining about the exchange rate, They just got $715 cheaper in the last 10 minutes  Cheesy

yeah no one believes me when I say btc is too volatile right now....
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 09:13:54 PM

I bought an Avalon with BTC to get more BTC than I invested. This is not a USD forum.

Indeed.  It's pretty apparent from ASIC threads in general, though, that many people are buying ASICs to get more USD - and those people are the most vulnerable if there's a massive price crash so they want to break even ASAP.  Like any other investment, what works best for an individual will depend on their objectives.

Part of the frustration people are expressing now is undoubtedly due to the perception that BTC mining is no longer a game to which Joe Newbie has access - the barrier to entry is getting higher.  While BFL has a couple of "starter" products, they're unlikely to be profitable and those really are more the kind of units on which people might drop money primarily to secure the network.

If Avalon sticks with this particular pricing model, then drops in price will be predictable.  Other vendors will eventually have to drop their prices, but it's not possible to predict when that will happen.  I think this is a pretty ballsy move on Avalon's part to be honest and it will be interesting to see how it works out.

the problems isn't buying coins it's money transfer/laundering laws kicking in for the $amount transactions now that btc isn't worthless.

Which is a potential problem for miners in general rather than Avalon miners in particular and should be factored into everyone's risk assessment when they're deciding whether or not to purchase mining hardware.  At this stage, it's not really an issue for those who don't mine more BTC than they spend/save.  The people for whom it's going to be an issue are those who are effectively mining for USD (and primarily those who convert their BTC to USD through exchanges).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 09:18:56 PM

Yifu has said that those prices were examples based on current difficulty and that the actual price will be based on difficulty when the units go on sale.

It is rather simple. I bet they have a model which tells them at what price ROI on mining is negative over the lifetime of the product and they sell at this price because it is more profitable than doing all the mining themselves. Well... if they are really generous they might drop the retail price a few percent from that. If it was me I would up the price a few percent just to screw everyone, lol.

Them citing difficulty as a factor in the price formation is pretty much a proof of the above.

-
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:48:09 AM

Those of you bringing USD into this need to shut the fuck up. This isn't a USD mining machine, you don't buy it with USD, the USD-BTC exchange rate is inconsequential. The exchange rate is only the problem of people who want to be part of the corrupt governments rigged economy. The exchange rate is unrelated to this transaction.

You are buying a device in bitcoins to mine bitcoins to have bitcoins to take part in a bitcoin economy. Anybody who says different is just a profiteer trying to take away from what has been built here.

It is an issue if you need to purchase bitcoins.

It doesn't matter if you purchase something in bitcoins, USD, bottlecaps or seashells. Any currency has a value associated to it.

bitcoin right now has incredible volatility. it can change by the hour. Lately its been going up. tomorrow it could be much less or much more. in a month or two, who knows? We could pop right back down to $5 per btc, or rocket past $200. it's value matters then.

Batch 3 has been made into a gamble because of this on price alone. If you count avalons customer service and shipping rate and order management it's even more of a gamble.

To keep proportional comparison,
from 70 to 5 is -14x, then from 70 14x = 980$
from 70 to 210 is x3, then from 70 to -3x = 23$

That said, I beleive in 1000$+ / BTC in few years, but always keep in mid it could be 0 too.. So I hoard some, spent most, and gamble the rest Wink
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:51:36 AM

remember the 10,000 btc pizzas?
What about them? You used to be able to buy a loaf of bread for nickle. Prices change.

This

+1

I sold +5k BTC under 1$ and was happy of each trade.. as of today, I do not regret any of those trade made years ago !  I was profitable and happy to do those trade..

In 10+ years, we may say, I was able to buy a pound of meat for 4$, now it cost 80$..  So what ?
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 05:33:01 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2013, 05:51:01 AM by Vagnavs.Com

the details are up peeps
http://store.avalon-asics.com/?product=avalon-asic-unit

must've changed the page

Avalanche is a must own
Harley

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:24:43 AM

the details are up peeps
http://store.avalon-asics.com/?product=avalon-asic-unit

must've changed the page

not work shop

not work proceed to checkout
AndreyE

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 03:04:58 PM

I can't checkout at all - some password is required
Doff

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:02:56 PM

My question is how Much BTC is my Icarus Trade in now worth? Is it still tied to the 300USD, or do I get a BTC value for it?
onealfa

Activity: 235

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 02:15:13 PM

Look at this https://i.imgur.com/ngdsWhh.png
Is this real?  Auction ended, 76 bids....

Item page for sceptics http://bit.ly/16Rr0oE

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 03:28:47 PM

Yes, it's real. Avalon pre orders and even early BFL pre-orders are going for 15x+ what people payed for them.. pretty crazy!

I was surfing around ebay when I thought I'd see what pre-orders were going at. I saw that auction with 20 minutes left at $15,000 and I almost crapped my pants.  Cheesy Grin
relm9

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:48:40 PM

Yes, it's real. Avalon pre orders and even early BFL pre-orders are going for 15x+ what people payed for them.. pretty crazy!

I was surfing around ebay when I thought I'd see what pre-orders were going at. I saw that auction with 20 minutes left at $15,000 and I almost crapped my pants.  Cheesy Grin

All the more reason batch 3 price is justified I suppose.
evilpete

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:18:42 PM

Price for a batch-2? I can see how it makes sense if you can get ahead of the curve but it is an awful risk.

Batch 3 delivery is a long way away.  A lot can happen.  Even things that nobody saw coming.  Hell, BFL might even ship.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi
mrSprinkles

Activity: 265

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:45:31 PM

For anynone who ordered a batch 1 or 2, is the freight charge exactly 2BTC, and is it the same for Canada?
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:46:59 PM

Batch 2 did not have a separate freight charge, it was incorporated into the price.

Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 10:47:51 PM

For anynone who ordered a batch 1 or 2, is the freight charge exactly 2BTC, and is it the same for Canada?

Batch 1 was 1200 plus 120 ship

Batch 2 was 1500 shipping included.

truckingeek

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:54:32 PM

Four modules and a PSU selling for BTC115.000 or US$7920 as I write this.  Dammit man!  I'd only set aside US$4000 for this...now I'm priced right out of the market.
endlesscustoms

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:02:00 AM

You Must Be Special To Own one Of These At Those Prices   I  Will Never As I  Dont Have It Like Some Do   
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:02:42 AM

Four modules and a PSU selling for BTC115.000 or US$7920 as I write this.  Dammit man!  I'd only set aside US$4000 for this...now I'm priced right out of the market.

You could have bought btc way back when. I bought mine for 13/btc making my cost cheaper. It's still worth it.. you'll make your investment back in no time.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
truckingeek

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:16:51 AM

I'm reeeeeally kicking myself for not buying $4000 worth back when it was US$5 per BTC.  Stupid stupid stupid.  I'd have a Corvette worth of BTC if I'd done that.

Ah, well.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: