Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:16:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitlancr - Building the ultimate freelancer platform around Bitcoin  (Read 1717 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitlancr (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 03:04:54 PM

http://signup.bitlancr.com/

Hello Bitcoiners! We'd like to announce the beginnings of an exciting Bitcoin-based project - Bitlancr.

In a nutshell, we want to build the ultimate freelancer community for Bitcoin. It will be a community based on what makes Bitcoin great - the freedom to work with anyone, anywhere in the world, and an open, accessible trust network. Also, with the Bitcoin network as our payment system, we'll never touch your money. This means no fees, and no legal qualms.

At this stage, we're trying to gauge the interest for the product and gather ideas to direct its development. We're not asking for funding or labour. Basically, we want to build what the community wants, and nothing more.

If this sounds of any interest to you, then please leave your email on our landing page (http://signup.bitlancr.com/), and send us your thoughts on this thread!

Thanks!
The Bitlancr Team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sega01

Activity: 391
Merit: 333

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:04:36 PM

This sounds pretty cool to me. Obviously, I can't comment on how the site is since it isn't up (aside from a pretty email signup page), but I think the concept is great. Freelance jobs for Bitcoin will be in high demand, I feel. Question/Answer sites like Rugatu already have a bit of a following.

I know this is on another tangent, but maybe it'll give you guys some ideas. What I really would like to see is a good code bounty site for Bitcoin. Especially if it could somehow be integrated into GitHub. I think code bounties are becoming ever more common and in the future, many jobs will be like how everything else has changed; one-time, low commitment, almost modular. Whether or not this could be called freelancing and integrated well, I'm not sure. Definitely keep it down to a feature scope that is maintainable and works. A site that does everything and doesn't know what it is, doesn't really do any good. I love one-purpose sites quite a bit.

Also, the domain/name is really good. Web 2.0ish.

Best of luck to you! Let me know what you guys are coming up with.
bitlancr (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:27:12 PM

Thanks for the feedback - very encouraging Smiley

Regarding the site, we hope to have something to show very soon. Right now the most important thing is to get the word out there - send the signup page to anyone you know who might be interested. The more emails we have when we launch the beta, the better chance we have of reaching critical mass and making a real difference to the Bitcoin economy!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: